Celta Vigo

SamperFCB

Porto outplaying Celta completely.

His 3-4-3 system not working so far. Pushed towards a 5-2-3 due to the fact Porto has the ball 70% of the time. Hopefully Rafinha and Yelko Pina the 2nd half. Unfortunaly Santi Mina still injured.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I agree, Celta has had little to no control over the game right now. Defensively they have been sound, pressing and maintaining their lines has made it more difficult for Porto to break through. He should switch to a 4-3-3 and sub in Rafinha. I've never seen Yelko play but I've heard he's one of the best young Spanish talents in the world, any input on him?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Overall game analysis: Lucho's 3-4-3 experiment didn't work out very well, although Celta was very impressive defensively they rarely were able to find balance and control in attack and relinquished possession. Rafinha did well while he was on (got dispossessed quite a bit) and the team needs to train better to keep the ball better and provide movement, but considering Porto are strong league champions and Celta barely finished 17th last year, it was an alright showing.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Currently up 2-1 vs Espanyol, Rafinha just came on a few minutes ago yet has been very involved and impressive so far.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Wow, Celta with a convincing 2-1 win vs the same Betis side that nearly screwed over Real Madrid just a week ago. Charles and Nolito both scored, and both look like class signings that'll easily replace the loss of Aspas.

Eetu

Adormit
I would drop the convincing, Charles' goal being offside & from 2-0 to conceding one and Betis hitting the woodwork in last few minutes, but it was a nice match to watch and I'm glad Lucho's project is showing promise.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I would drop the convincing, Charles' goal being offside & from 2-0 to conceding one and Betis hitting the woodwork in last few minutes, but it was a nice match to watch and I'm glad Lucho's project is showing promise.

Celta were the superior side, but it could've gone the other way. Betis looked much more tamed this game because Celta were more organized and didn't let too many loose chances through.

Eetu

Adormit
Celta were the superior side, but it could've gone the other way. Betis looked much more tamed this game because Celta were more organized and didn't let too many loose chances through.

That is true. I can only remember one situation, a cross that no-one went for, before those last few minutes where there would've been uncertainty about responsibilities.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Celta Vigo XI: Yoel, Hugo Mallo, Cabral, Aurtenetxe, Toni, Fontás, Álex López, Augusto, Rafinha, Nolito, Charles.

Great lineup, Rafinha making his first start along with Aurtenetxe.

Home of Barca Fans