Lliga | Round 31: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 2-0

FC B

Main players minutes need to be managed to a 1 game per week basis. That's all. First leg and 2nd leg in CL from now on are 1 week apart. This means not playing in La Liga between these 2 games, and playing just a part in the game before the first leg.

Also, players who didn't play a lot, but have talent should get more minutes. I'm dying to see Todibo. Seen some great bits in those youtube videos with him.

Yet I bet Retardo will use quite a few starters vs. Huesca too :lol:

Joan

Some of you are obsessed with rest. Of course, now it's ours to lose, main players' minutes should be reduced. But keeping the tempo, staying in rhythm is equally, if not more, important.

serghei

Yet I bet Retardo will use quite a few starters vs. Huesca too :lol:

Let's hope we don't. I doubt we'll kill the tie on Old Trafford, as we almost never do that in CL. Not even with Pep did we do it.

Some of you are obsessed with rest. Of course, now it's ours to lose, main players' minutes should be reduced. But keeping the tempo, staying in rhythm is equally, if not more, important.

1 game per week is keeping the tempo. 2 games per week when not forced to is bad planning and just stupid. Madrid under Zidane frequently rested players before CL games. Several starters at once. Ronaldo barely featured in the La Liga game before the CL tie. That brought them 3 CLs. Maybe we should learn from them and stop repeating the same ideas only to be knocked out in the quarters.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

We lost last few seasons because lack of rotations. Look at Ronaldo. He is resting almost always before CL games and he is killing it. It's not just physical break but mental. Season is long.

Havesaks

Dembele should get playing time in la liga so he is sharp in chl. Same with Malcom. Todibo lots of minutes, Umtiti/lenglet share minutes from now on in la liga, pique also some rest by vermaelen when needed. Give Cillesen 2 games or something. Alena also more minutes.

No matter what Valverde has now a lot of leeway to give us our long waited treble.

Havesaks

We lost last few seasons because lack of rotations. Look at Ronaldo. He is resting almost always before CL games and he is killing it. It's not just physical break but mental. Season is long.

Ronaldo is a special case. Players need consistent playing time to be sharp. But we can now make clever rotations, and i think valverde will. Just not what you suggested, that would - no offense - kill our chances in cdd and chl. Do you remember Peps bayern, who won the league in april and totally lost their spirit in champions league all tho they were favorites and played all season long.

Joan

1 game per week is keeping the tempo. 2 games per week when not forced to is bad planning and just stupid. Madrid under Zidane frequently rested players before CL games. Several starters at once. Ronaldo barely featured in the La Liga game before the CL tie. That brought them 3 CLs. Maybe we should learn from them and stop repeating the same ideas only to be knocked out in the quarters.
Many factors influenced Madrid's streak. Rest being one of them. I didn't say play the starters all the time, a fair bit of rotating is reasonable. But one shouldn't overdo it. Keeping a player on the bench is not always good.

That's oversimplifying and acting blind... Vide supra for the rest. Rotating smart is the key.

serghei

Many factors influenced Madrid's streak. Rest being one of them. I didn't say play the starters all the time, a fair bit of rotating is reasonable. But one shouldn't overdo it. Keeping a player on the bench is not always good.

I agree. A 12-14 day period during a CL tie, has 4 games. Main players should play the 2 CL games in that week, plus a few minutes here and there. Simple as that. That's the common sense plan. 1 intense game per week is ideal.

Point is for our main starters to not play 2 games in 3 days again for the remainder of the season. Messi is a special case as he doesn't work hard in games.

Last edited:

FC B

Let's hope we don't. I doubt we'll kill the tie on Old Trafford, as we almost never do that in CL. Not even with Pep did we do it.

Agreed but we have Retardo as a coach, remember?

Alik

I agree. A 12-14 day period during a CL tie, has 4 games. Main players should play the 2 CL games in that week, plus a few minutes here and there. Simple as that. That's the common sense plan. 1 intense game per week is ideal.

Point is for our main starters to not play 2 games in 3 days again for the remainder of the season. Messi is a special case as he doesn't work hard in games.

I think it applies for Messi too. There is nothing to gain by having him play those matches.

eaman

Do ye forget Madrid luck in the champions league? Even with rest they played as many bad games in the champions league as us over the years but somehow got through. Bayern last year being the perfect example. Not saying rest isn't important but it's not as important as people think. Every player should not be playing 3 games in 8 days though

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans