Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

• Lucho should stay

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Unzue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eusebio

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Koeman

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sampaoli

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • Other(who?)

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

raki

Looks like everyone is on the sampaoli hype train.

Sarri lover here. Best football in Europe with a lot of average players like Albiol, Callejon and others. He turn Higuain in a scoring machine.

It´s incredible how players evolve with him. Who the hell was Hysaj? Koulibaly was only brute force and now he´s great starting the offense. Diawara was playing in San Marino. No tactics background at all. Improving with light speed.
Goulam: incredible evolution.
Insigne: became much more consistent. Same goes for Mertens and Hamsik.

What will he do with world class players? I would like to find out. Napoli plays beautiful football. Possession and transition. 1-2 touches, technique, 1-2 plays.

I just love to see them play. The team is clearly better that the sum of the individuals.

raki

Leonardo Jardim is doing an amazing job with Monaco, even when his best players left he managed to turn things around. He trusted talented young players like Martial, Bernardo Silva, Kurzawa, Lemar, Fabinho etc. Imagine what he could do with la Masia. Plus Monaco is one of the best attacking teams in Europe right now, their stats are still impressive for a team that lost their most important players over the years.

Yes but their style is very different of barça 4-3-3.

It´s a very specific 4-4-2. Not easy to implement that in Barça.
Better choose a coach who plays in 4-3-3 already.

Jardim uses 2 steamrolling midfielders and 2 creative wingers/AM in Lemar and Silva. I dont see those players in barça team.

Their 4-4-2 is very good but very different from barça long used 4-3-3.

The fullbacks are very offensive and that allows Lemar and Silva to come inside and be the ofensive creators. The fullbacks can go along in attack because they have 2 beasts covering their backs in Fabinho and Bakayoko. Barça has no such players.

The players provide the system. Jardim struggled last year but this year he found the magic potion.

BarcaOG

Banned
for whatever reason I think Sampaoli would be hounded here by the press. you know, not being Catalan or related to Barca and all. Like Tata.

Ahmedd

Yes but their style is very different of barça 4-3-3.

It´s a very specific 4-4-2. Not easy to implement that in Barça.
Better choose a coach who plays in 4-3-3 already.

Jardim uses 2 steamrolling midfielders and 2 creative wingers/AM in Lemar and Silva. I dont see those players in barça team.

Their 4-4-2 is very good but very different from barça long used 4-3-3.

The fullbacks are very offensive and that allows Lemar and Silva to come inside and be the ofensive creators. The fullbacks can go along in attack because they have 2 beasts covering their backs in Fabinho and Bakayoko. Barça has no such players.

The players provide the system. Jardim struggled last year but this year he found the magic potion.

Yep, i didn't consider it that way.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ernesto Valverde will RENEW with Athletic Bilbao according to Mundo Deportivo.

If Valverde and Eusebio are out of the picture, then surely the board cannot mess this up and not go for Sampaoli?

F

FlaFCB

Ernesto Valverde will RENEW with Athletic Bilbao according to Mundo Deportivo.

If Valverde and Eusebio are out of the picture, then surely the board cannot mess this up and not go for Sampaoli?

Koeman. Or they can renew Lucho.

Messi983

How about Thomas Tuchel? There are rumours he could leave Dortmund.

I think we should also consider Oscar Garcia. He would at least give a fair chance to La Masia players.

Last edited:

Nucky

My personal favorites are Sampaoli or Koeman. Sampaoli is doing good with Sevilla this season, they are currently third in the league and will be quite "a pain in the ass" for the title race wich is good for the league if Sevilla can keep up with the tempo and pose a treat to Atletico,Barca and Real. If we are eliminated from UCL wich is highly possible I'll support Sevilla in UCL. Koeman is ex Barca player, knows the club, the Barca philosophy, he played under Cruyff when we won UCL for the first time in 1992 and also is doing quite good job with Everton. We will see what happens in the summer. I really hope Barca appoints Sampaoli as new coach. We need fresh wind in the team, Lucho has done a lot but I'm afraid it's time to say goodbye and thank you for everything.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Sampaoli for a more offensive, positional game that we all liked from Pep. He definitely would have strong support from some of the players and I desperately want us to be a midfield-oriented team again, something he would surely return to our game. He is a bit top heavy however tactically, not nearly as bad as Lucho, but this and the media machine from Madrid could be challenges for him here.

Koeman for the more balanced approach that Lucho has kinda started. I personally think Koeman is much more astute tactically than Lucho would be, so he theoretically could pull of this quasi-possession/counters approach better than Lucho. I know for sure that Koeman will improve us defensively. Could he manage the egos in the locker room?

I'd personally be satisfied with either/or, but normatively, I want to watch us suffocate teams to death again so that's why I voted for Sampaoli.

9thMode

Banned
Voted Sampaoli but expecting. . .

eusebio-sacristan--en-su-presentacion-como-nuevo-entrenador-de-la-real-sociedad--twitter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans