Trofeu Joan Gamper: FC Barcelona - Club León 6-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

icerock15

The team is functioning how it should now - there is possession, but they mix it up with fast counter attacks, there is high pressing as well and Rakitic work rate is just insane, can't wait for new season.

Yeah, obviously won't know until season starts against good competition, but I'm really liking the Rakitic signing. Seems like he could be a great all around midfielder for us. Didn't watch the whole thing, but in first 15 minutes, loved seeing his energy, sliding to break up passes, high pressing, and sprinting down with the attack after we get possession.

Loved the 1st Messi goal when he broke up the pass, laid it off to Messi, and was on the attack very quickly. Obviously didn't get the goal himself, but loved the execution.

Androutsos

There were stretches of the first half where I was absolutely amazed by our play, much the same way during the Pep era. I really hope we keep up this form and hunger. That one touch football we played was fantastic.

This. I remember looking at the time at it was only something like 12 minutes in and I was like. "Yes! So much longer to go, I am going to enjoy this."

Even though the standard dropped with the lack of fitness, I was pleased to see the team stay disciplined even with the youngster on the field. It shows how well Luis Enrique is translating his ideas to this team.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Remember last year's game against Santos. Barca was pressing and playing really well , won the game with 8-0. But hopefully this season will be different.

L

linetty

Remember last year's game against Santos. Barca was pressing and playing really well , won the game with 8-0. But hopefully this season will be different.
And we did well in the first half of the season. At the start of 2nd half of the season Tata already decided to leave and practically did not care. No movitation + lack of intensity in trainings.

We lost the leauge only on last matchday though. We should've won it btw, the wrong offside call on Messi's goal killed it. Tata's tactical clueless resulted in disappointing performances against Atletico.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
And we did well in the first half of the season. At the start of 2nd half of the season Tata already decided to leave and practically did not care. No movitation + lack of intensity in trainings.

We lost the leauge only on last matchday though. We should've won it btw, the wrong offside call on Messi's goal killed it. Tata's tactical clueless resulted in disappointing performances against Atletico.
We almost lost nothing, that's true, but the pressing did disappear after a couple of matches after the preseason and I want that pressing in every match. And this an honest question where did these rumours come from that tata gave up in February ?

Last edited:

Gooch

Applause to Leon. They didn't park the bus - they played and lost like men. A lot of the Barca goals were on mini counter attacks after Leon lost the ball. I don't think many teams will play this way against Barca this season.

F

Flavia

They played like they were used to, in that game Tata hadn't had the time to change anything yet.

PhilS

I'm so glad to see this team look so different, so refreshed with Rakitic and the new Iniesta running the show. The midfield looks so much more positive and agressive than when Xavi or Cesc were out there. Rakitic has the energy level needed on the defensive side for this position. All cules are so lucky this guy did not sign with AM, he provides exactly what Simeone wants from a midfielder.

It's clear who will be one of the starting CBs, Mathieu is clearly the best of this bunch. Love his speed, athleticism and physicality. Since Masch has played so little this pre-season, he has looked quite a bit better than Pique.

Barca has set up the squad list this year with plans about who will play where how much. Enrique already has to change those plans, some big names are going to have to get more pine time because certainly Munir and probably Samper have earned playing time.

Vapor

There were stretches of the first half where I was absolutely amazed by our play, much the same way during the Pep era. I really hope we keep up this form and hunger. That one touch football we played was fantastic.
Amen bro, I felt the exact same way. I can't describe how good I felt seeing us playing so amazingly again. When we first scored that goal, I got that feeling like I used to when watching us back in the day. Just fucking GIDDY at the beauty and precision and energy and fluidity of our play. :w000t:

I am LOVING Rakitic so much right now, its ridiculous. This guy is perfect for us IMO. I know it's early, but I call that he turns out to be one of the best signings in recent Barca history, along with maybe Alba. He has the natural Barca edge to him... he gets our movement and our fluidity. I had so many "OH SHIT!!" moments watching him play. He's such a graceful player, has great vision and instincts, makes BEAUTIFUL precision passes and through balls, is aggressive and positive with shooting from decent range, has an INCREDIBLE work rate, and is overall just a cool badass mothafucka. .:rakitic:

And Messi man, fucking Messi. I am feeling REALLY good about Messi again... this guy is going to have another one of those ridiculous seasons. He was absolutely CRAZY yesterday... his energy and positivity already seem to have increased tenfold from last season. He was off on a few passes, but overall just fucking DEADLY. And he's just so damn SHARP right now, my god, I had about 10+ Ray Hudson orgasms over shit he was doing. Can't wait to see Leo this season... already looking so refresh and ready to KILL shit once again.

Neymar was also great, Matheu was excellent, Mascherano was beast, Busquets played pretty well, great game from Alba, still sub-par for me from Dani, pretty nice game from Rafinha, excellent game from Munir... sooo many positives to take from this pre-season IMO, even if it was against weak opposition. Really loving the level Enrique seems to have brought the team up.. the biggest difference I see now IS ENERGY, intensity, spirit and motivation. The ingredients that were so sorely missing last year. Really looking forward to this season. :party1:

Last edited:

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Wasn't that impressed to be quite honest passing wasn't that great, Leon had the ball for large stretches didn't really do anything with it but still. Neymar and Messi don't look match fit, the only thing that I did like was the idea of alba-Mathieu-pique- Alves at the back. I wanna see what mashcerano can do in busquets position sergio looked a bit laboured at times, but overall yeah, highly average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans