11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
In my opinion people shouldn't dismiss him because he has not reached their expectations. The expectations many people have were hyped to a big degree to begin with. Dembele was never the next big thing. He is a player who has loads of potential but is also very raw right now. He hasn't played that much and he still has time to develop and he needs time to develop.

At the same time, I think people should rightfully be concerned and even worried if any of those rumors related to his attitude, behavior and professionalism are true. No matter what kind of potential you have, if you don't work hard and are not professional enough, you will fail.

Horatio

You're welcome
At the same time, I think people should rightfully be concerned and even worried if any of those rumors related to his attitude, behavior and professionalism are true. No matter what kind of potential you have, if you don't work hard and are not professional enough, you will fail.

The problem with those rumours is that they only pop up when a certain player seems vulnerable. Had Dembele scored 3 goals until now we would have never heard any of it.

Mitchell1978

I haven't followed this thread but it way to early to dismiss him, he hasn't even played 10 games for barça and is still very young.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The problem with those rumours is that they only pop up when a certain player seems vulnerable. Had Dembele scored 3 goals until now we would have never heard any of it.

I am not sure about that. If you look at Dembele's track record, he did look quite suspicious. For example it was reported that he wasn't in a good physical shape when he first joined us last summer because he reportedly said it was too hot for him to exercise everyday when he was on strike at BVB. :rolleyes: What kind of lame excuse was that? If you are an athlete you need to take care of your body, without it everything is over.

He struck me as a very immature guy. Of course he is only 20, but many other players of the same age group appear much more mature than he appears to be.

Jesus christ this thread :facepalm:

He’s been fine in the few (real) games EV has let him play.

But this is the same forum that continually shit on Mats for bogus reasons.

The agendas here against some players are insane.

Last edited:

pregra

Felt the back of his leg several times vs Espanyol, another injury incoming. Even worse than Bale this guy:dembele:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Jesus christ this thread :facepalm:

He’s been fine in the few (real) games EV has let him play.

But this is the same forum that continually shit on Mats for bogus reasons.

The agendas here against some players are insane.

And you are one of the more insane posters here and I am pretty sure many would agree.

This guy is one of the players in the squad that has played the fewest number of minutes, yet his thread is the most active on the forum by far.

I wonder what everyone's talking about because it surely can't be his performances.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This guy is one of the players in the squad that has played the fewest number of minutes, yet his thread is the most active on the forum by far.

I wonder what everyone's talking about because it surely can't be his performances.

As you very well know but still pretend... It is not most active because he plays or doesnt play. It is most active because so many fans hope(d) big things from Dembele.

ASordidGod

Has he got genuine talent? Yes. Am I sure he'll make it here? No. But even so, this race to write him off, this need for him to fail so that you might feel your rush to judgement validated, I cannot for the life of me understand. At least wait till he's had a proper chance before you criticise.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There are few who are overly negative (some probably trolls too) but there are (were) also few who thought he is best thing since sliced bread.

Home of Barca Fans