**EL CLASICO** Lliga | Round 17: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 0-3

barcafan161

I am not arguing they are strong or not, I am arguing that we didn't win this game because Real dropped form since August and this is basically the same Real bar from an Asensio that had an excellent game.

No, Ronaldo didn't. Ronaldo played better this game than he did in the Super Copa game. Almost all threat today came from Ronaldo. I remember in the Copa he was pretty much invisible until the goal. A little while later he got sent off. He was able to cut inside because Pique was sleeping and had a good shot. We had a crisis in defense during those games.

That's not how it works. And PSG won't annihilate Real.

They will if they don't improve. Not even close PSG are a far better team right now.

vlad

the league is over!!

madrid look horrible and not the team they were last year.

Can't see any way they beat PSG in the CL either

Cant see why psg is so overrated to be honest

Edit: if someone can argue that barca didnt have big test, what about psg? Owning minions in france? Pumping stats on celtic? Winning against bayern in crisis? They lost vs bayern also later, so why are you thinking they are so good that they can destroy current CL champions?

Last edited:

henias

Edit: if someone can argue that barca didnt have big test, what about psg? Owning minions in france? Pumping stats on celtic? Winning against bayern in crisis? They lost vs bayern also later, so why are you thinking they are so good that they can destroy current CL champions?

Psg is definitely better than Madrid as of now. Watching their performance ytd just made me even more convinced they will lose big time. Like I said before, I would rather we face Madrid in CL bcos it will be much easier. Ronaldo will only drag Madrid down and it will continue to be that way.

barcafan161

You can’t just discount beating Bayern when they were struggling to fit your agenda. They still beat them rather easily crisis or not. You can only base a team on their results so far and so far they have been rather good against most. They have the most dangerous front line along with City I guess in world football. Madrid’s issue is they just can’t score enough goals as Ronaldo is looking old at last…PSG have huge amount of firepower that’s why people rate them highly.

eaman

I was really worried for all the first half. Looked like we were going to sit back and play for a draw. Attacking play was poor in the first half. Also didn't look good when I saw the ter Stegen having to deal with sun in his eyes and Madrid pressing us and attacking for the half. Brilliant start to the second half though. Almost like the Barca of old. Hopefully we keep playing the way we did in the second half up for the rest of the season.

FC B

the league is over!!

The just might rely on the refs vs P$G just like they did when it was hard for them the last year, against Bayern.

gatsu

the league is over!!

Madrid is pretty much the same as last seasons. They just took advantage of a drastic drop in form of all Europe top teams and little luck provided by refs. Yes 3 cl in four years but on the field they were never dominant.
That said I don't see PSG taking them out. Too much difference experience wise. The french have also major flows that could be easily exposed against biggest teams.

henias

Madrid is pretty much the same as last seasons. They just took advantage of a drastic drop in form of all Europe top teams and little luck provided by refs. Yes 3 cl in four years but on the field they were never dominant.
That said I don't see PSG taking them out. Too much difference experience wise. The french have also major flows that could be easily exposed against biggest teams.

Spanish teams have always been the most dominant the past few years, only until this year where we see the resurgence of english teams. The only team who can truly challenge Madrid is always Barcelona, Atletico has always choked against them in big games. Nothing to do with "drastic drop of Europe top teams". Bayern was only good during 2012, the same could be said for Bayern about their drop when we won them in 2014 and didnt have their strong starting 11. Madrid has always been the 2nd best in Europe and the best counter attacking team the past few years and we just failed to challenge them.

They were incredibly lucky in 2015/16, a little refs help in 2016/17 but who can we blame when we were so poor the past seasons.

Madrid this season is absolutely terrible. Definitely a different team when they were at the Supercopa. No team can be dominant for too long. Spanish teams are a little outdated as of now, especially with the decline of both Ronaldo and Messi.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Madrid this season is absolutely terrible. Definitely a different team when they were at the Supercopa. .

Naah same team. Just like previous La Liga season. If it weren't for those late minute headers being in lead of them last season would have been as easy as this year.

Only difference would be they had better squad depth last season.

henias

Naah same team. Just like previous La Liga season. If it weren't for those late minute headers being in lead of them last season would have been as easy as this year.

Only difference would be they had better squad depth last season.

Nope. That's like saying if it werent for own goals or Messi early this season, we wouldnt be 8 points ahead. Ronaldo is evidently much worse than this year, he looks like he doesnt play professional football and the lack of firepower in their front 3 will be their downfall this season. He is complete clown this season. Not the same.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Nope. That's like saying if it werent for own goals or Messi early this season, we wouldnt be 8 points ahead.

Well, that's just it. We are getting insane La Liga results so it makes Madrid look even poorer. We took any excitement out of the game and people noticed.

henias

Well, that's just it. We are getting insane La Liga results so it makes Madrid look even poorer. We took any excitement out of the game and people noticed.

You dont get it. Theres a reason why they are 4th this season and this isnt the first time they were poor this season and actually lost against the likes of Betis, who were battered by Valencia. Even if u take Barcelona out of the equation, Real Madrid is still struggling to catch up Atletico and Valencia.

And even Atletico is out of the UCL so its not like they are that strong either. Madrid didnt have that good of a record in UCL this season as well, except for Ronaldo scoring against some minions.

I know we all hate on Madrid but lets be realistic. Giving excuses for our poor form last few seasons but saying Madrid is the same as last season is far fetched and ludicrous.

Joan

Not the most beautiful but very effective. Once details are forgotten, score will surely faltter us. Aslo, Valverde's first huge win in Clasico beating world and europe champions.
I think we might.

Home of Barca Fans