FC Barcelona Finances

Richard.H

This is making me sick and ashamed of being a fan of this football club. The fact this is taking so long looks disgusting on these spoiled cunts. If they are worried about the board misusing the money, the least Messi, Suarez, and others on high wages could do is donate a few million

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So all the other Sports sections which includes the Basketball, Handball teams have agreed to a 70% salary reduction.

The people earning the most(by far), our amazing, hardworking, selfless football players are yet to agree on anything.

[tw]1244049105816518658[/tw]

soul24rage

We actually had a statement already with regard to the pay cut, out yesterday.

However, to me it seems that it was more of a statement by the club showing their decision and resolve to cut the wages due to the special circumstances and no real and concrete agreement on how much the cut will be. That is the problem.

They are probably still negotiating. 70% for sure is off the table, we would be lucky to get a 50% cut on the first team's wages. A 20% to 30% cut is probably more plausible and likely.

Yeah, my angle was why it is taking so freakin long to decide on a paycut in a desperate and horrible situation like now. I expected a club like Barca to have already made a statement that the club and the players to take x% amount of paycut.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So all the other Sports sections which includes the Basketball, Handball teams have agreed to a 70% salary reduction.

The people earning the most(by far), our amazing, hardworking, selfless football players are yet to agree on anything.

This is not right. Never should the rest of the sports squad take that kind of deep cut before the football first team agree to do the same first.

Sickening if the footballers don’t do anything to match this. Never will I look at them the same.

Neymessi

I was actually surprised how most here were saying that 70% is too much to forgo. Like why exactly? You do realize they have to sit at home and get the 30%?

Some would call this an exaggeration but fuck all our first team 11 legends. I wouldn't be angry if this was PSG or Manc but most of the amigos have been here since la Masia and it is a common opinion that they care about the club more than most. A couple of spoiled, entitled brats who want a paycheck for being shit who can't even save us from a CL embarrassment.

I haven't disliked anyone more than EV for the past few years but hats off to the guy for not asking money left on his contract.

If Iniesta and Xavi were here I am sure they would have taken a pay cut without a second thought.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Can we stop jumping to conclusions? :lol: We literally have no insight whats going on behind scenes.

As a general rule assume the worst from the board though.

serghei

And 70% reduction in their case means they don't still take in millions a year, like most of our players would take in with a 70% reduction. Hell, it must be so hard to survive with only 2-300.000 euros a month for watching Netflix and playing video games with some light trainings here and there (we all know how they like it, nice, slow, and with many days off in between), while having hundreds of millions in their bank account (most of them).

Last edited:

Sorin

I will wait a bit before jumping to conclusions because in the end they'll maybe take the paycut and this could all be shitty rumours. We also don't know the negotiations going on behind the scenes.

I will say though, if before the end of the month these spoiled shits don't take the same paycut as the other sport departments, they should be harrased and boo'd all over the social media. Go on on Messi's, Pique's, Busi's instagram and take a dump on them.

malvolio

Many idiots in here who jumped the gun can eat humble pie after today's announcement.
Demonstrates once again that the media is full of shit and tries to denigrate the players at every opportunity.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
"La carta muestra nuevamente el distanciamiento que existe entre el vestuario y la junta. En la misma, señalan que “no deja de sorprendernos que desde dentro del club hubiera quien tratara de ponernos bajo la lupa e intentara sumarnos presión para hacer algo que nosotros siempre tuvimos claro que haríamos”.

English translation:

"The letter shows again the gap between the locker room and the board . In it, they point out that "it never ceases to amaze us that from within the club there were those who tried to put us under the magnifying glass and tried to add pressure to do something that we always knew we would do."

Who posted that message above?

I don't know why the players felt that way. How did the club pressure them? Simply by having that club statement last Thursday??

Andresito

Staff member
Who posted that message above?

I don't know why the players felt that way. How did the club pressure them? Simply by having that club statement last Thursday??

Messi was the first one I think.

And what I think they're referring to is the media trying to make the players look bad. Something they in fact suceeded with considering how many people called our players greedy. There were new reports regarding this every day, from multiple sources, it's a no brainer that the board were behind all this.

Vilarrubi

Many idiots in here who jumped the gun can eat humble pie after today's announcement.
Demonstrates once again that the media is full of shit and tries to denigrate the players at every opportunity.

Pretty funny how angry people get at random headlines and articles. Thought they’d know better by now and take everything with a pinch of salt.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi was the first one I think.

And what I think they're referring to is the media trying to make the players look bad. Something they in fact suceeded with considering how many people called our players greedy. There were new reports regarding this every day, from multiple sources, it's a no brainer that the board were behind all this.

The news media perhaps, but I don't see how the club has portrayed the players in a bad way in this context or how the club has pressured them.

From that message above it seems the players were pissed at the club, not the media.

Home of Barca Fans