FC Barcelona Finances

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
United is big because of the English language and them being top dogs in England when the Premiere League and/or football boom began in US and Asia.

JamDav1982

United is big because of the English language and them being top dogs in England when the Premiere League and/or football boom began in US and Asia.

Man Utd were huge before that so too were Liverpool. The roots of them being massive clubs are before premier league even started and have endured despite other teams having spells of more success.

When I say history it is not only football but the Munich disaster etc and the way Man Utd came back to be first English team to win European Cup resonated with people.

Of course marketing plays a part but the marketing to make them even more popular has to have that basis of history.

No amount of marketing a shit team in Asia in 80,90,00s would see them become a global brand without any history of success.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Sure but I was talking about how most people in these regions were introduced to United and they stay because of the history and sustained success.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It began when they started to market themselves heavily in Asia and US. Becks and his Spice Girl were big factoor too. Which is what KingMessi meant, I believe.

JamDav1982

It began when they started to market themselves heavily in Asia and US. Becks and his Spice Girl were big factoor too. Which is what KingMessi meant, I believe.

When did they start to market themselves heavily in Asia and US?

I think he actually agreed with me saying they were introduced to the clubs at times of success and due to their history.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The marketing introduced the people in Asia and the Americas to Manchester United. Many stayed to support United because they could follow game commentary (English language), United were very successful in terms of trophies, and the history which many perceived to be unique. Not to mention the Class of 1992 (?) and the idea of a Manchester United Way.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
When did they start to market themselves heavily in Asia and US?

I think he actually agreed with me saying they were introduced to the clubs at times of success and due to their history.

Yep, that's why the most successful club in Engerland (up to that point) - Liverpool is also so "huge" in Asia.

JamDav1982

How bout Everton then, they are 3rd best in history in England?

Because you were wrong about Liverpool?

Everton had a good couple of years in 80s that I doubt made much dent into Liverpool/Man U fan anywhere really. Not really had any sustained levels of success or european history/story of Man U or Liverpool.

Why are Atletico not as big as Barca? Or Valencia?

Do think the claim that any club that has multiple titles in their history should make them a huge club?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans