Lliga | Round 11: FC Barcelona - Sevilla FC 2-1

eaman

First 25 minutes was good from us. Our first goal a bit lucky but well done to paco for the brilliant finish and his second was very nice also with a brilliant cross from rakitic. But for the rest of the game it was only Messi from midfield on who played like a Barca player should. Anyway good result but hope the performances pick up

Total-Football

we are chealsing our way to the liga title .. Somehow. Unless Madrid trash us in both classicos, which is highly likely, despite their form this season.

Gnidrologist

They actually played 4-4-2 diamond with Messi at the tip. After the Goal Paco moves to RM and the high pressing stopped. It’s really small club mentality.
Tbh we have small club quality in attacking roster bar Messi. Valverede is simply adapting to this fact and getting amazingly consistent results. He is playing quite defensive tactics, because defense is currently our strongest asset and he is taking advantage of this. If we'd tried to play globe trotter football with this squad it would end up in disaster. In terms of creativity we have mediocre players at best apart from Messi, Busi and old Iniesta. It's time to get in terms with this.

Only thing i'd seriously complain about is some weird stubborn decisions by Valverde with whom to play. Like, Suarez, who hasn't played a single good minute this season is being kept on at all times. For what? Only rationale behind this i could image would be running him into ground in the first part of the season to save better players for crunch time. :lol: The same with Rakitic. This may not be his worst performance, but why not rotate him with Suarez on regular bases. He isn't better than him for sure.

As for the 4-4-2 thing it's pretty obvious. We have shit attack so scoring manita every match is not a valid expectation. Better keep our goal safe than hope we still can play friggin' joga bonita tiki-taka. We can't and going all out attack would mean throwing bunch of impotent players forward, who will still fail to score, while exposing our rear for easy pot shots. Defense until now has been top notch.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

Da nisi mozda "Kod Dede" u Preckom? :lol:
Cevapi i police sa lukom....zmijo jedna.
Bio sam tamo više puta, super je, ali ovo je Ponuda dana u Movie Pubu.

Btw. U Prečkom u 500m radijusu "Kod Dede", Grana i Stari kotač. Čudo :)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans