15 - Andreas Christensen

khaled_a_d

Sure, if Mönchengladbach allowed it. They don't, though.

Depends ,if they want to continue with good relation with Chelsea long term and see many more loans they could reach settlement
If they think it was just one time deal ,they would enjoy him 1 more year surely

Trickykid

Depends ,if they want to continue with good relation with Chelsea long term and see many more loans they could reach settlement
If they think it was just one time deal ,they would enjoy him 1 more year surely

True that. So far there have been zero indication that they'd be interested in that, though.

Could be things are going on behind the scenes of course.

Trickykid

Rumors today are that Mönchengladbach are preparing to enter negotiations with Chelsea over a permanent deal as soon as both leagues end. Danish media are speculating that 14-15M would be the price. In a world where Laporte and Stones are 50M players, this seems like the biggest potential steal of the summer.

I'd pay 20M+ for him in a heartbeat and still consider it a bargain.

BarçaBarça

Just named player of the year in Gladbach! :worthy:
He is the second-youngest in the top-4 German club, and arrived as a back-up CB.
From their website:
Impressive debut season

The 20-year-old can reflect on a truly impressive debut season for the Fohlenelf. He moved to VfL on loan from Chelsea last summer and quickly became an ever-present figure in the team. He was a regular in central defence from matchday five onwards and featured in 39 of the 43 competitive games.

His style of play is uncompromising and he builds play calmly and carefully. The Bundesliga newcomer won 66.49 percent of his tackles this season – an outstanding rate, which was topped only by Mats Hummels and Sebastian Langkamp in the league. At just 20 years of age, his pace and astonishingly good positional play has contributed to his outstanding performances this season..

He is extraordinary, and we should do everything to sign him next summer (seems impossible right now). With Conte joining Chelsea I guess things are a little bit up in the air, so we really should be aware and be ready if there ever is a window of opportunity.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Just named player of the year in Gladbach! :worthy:
He is the second-youngest in the top-4 German club, and arrived as a back-up CB.
From their website:

He is extraordinary, and we should do everything to sign him next summer (seems impossible right now). With Conte joining Chelsea I guess things are a little bit up in the air, so we really should be aware and be ready if there ever is a window of opportunity.

That's damn impressive!
And yeah, I completely agree. He'd fit our team like a glove.

Messi983

I've never seen him play but watched some videos of him now and he seems like a great talent.

I think we're hesitating because he'd be a bit too much like Pique. Although he'd also be able to play Busquets' role.

You think he can't play together with Pique?

Well, we'll need his backup anyway but it's hard to get some talent like that and let him sit on the bench most of the time. I also doubt Chelsea will sell him but on the other hand I don't remember Conte trusting young players (except for Pogba) too much so it's hard to say if he has longterm future there. He has contract until 2020 though so they can still loan him for another season or two after his current loan deal with Gladbach expires next summer before eventually selling him. We'll see how he'll develop and maybe we can sign him in 2018 as longterm Pique's replacement.

Trickykid

[tw]747194852211843072[/tw]

Extremely positive article in a recent Kicker edition.

Solid rumors will have it that Chelsea has rejected a £14m bid from Mönchengladbach. It looks like they are actually counting on him for the 17/18 season.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans