Copa | Round of 16: FC Barcelona - Celta Vigo 6-1 agg.

FCBfan22

No strikers... That can only mean...

Paulinho CF!!!

So, I would go with:

----------------------Cillesen-------------------
Semedo---Mascherano---Vermaelen---Digne
--------------------Busquets-------------------
-----------Rakitić-------------Denis------------
Roberto-----------Paulinho-------------Arnaiz

raki

No Messi and Suarez. Good on Valverde. Not risking injuries after a long travel from Argentina.

Also no Iniesta. I´m worried. We have no offensive power whatsoever for this game. Deulofeu injured. Alcacer the same. Rafinha still not 100 perhaps. Dembele will play only 15-20 minutes.

I would start Arnaiz as CF. Very dangerous game to left Messi, Suarez and Iniesta out specially with all the other attackers injured :(

Cilessen

Semedo - Pique-Vermaelen-Digne

Busi

Raki Paulinho

Vidal-Arnaiz-Denis

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Dembele in the squad, no messi and suarez (and rafinha)

[tw]948629312525230080[/tw]

Good call not to include Messi and Suarez but without Messi it will be very difficult at Balaidos. I have no fear of us conceding 4 like last season though. Not under Valverde.
Best Celta can hope for is 1-0 but I see us scoring too.

FCBfan22

I think the key without Messi, Suarez and Iniesta will be Busquets, who needs to control the game completely. If we get an A-game from Busi, I wouldn't be worried.

Maybe we can also play Roberto and Arnaiz as wide forwards in a 4-4-2, with Paulinho drifting into a box when we attack.

Gnidrologist

Weird to have squad like this, when Alena or Arnaiz wouldn't feature even in dead rubber matches against scrubs, but are featured in one of the hardest away venues in recent years and that without Messi and Suarez. What kind of sorcery is this.
edit: oh, it's copa. Never mind.

Alik

Seems like Valverde, like most of the forum, doesn't care much about CDR.

Is Iniesta injured? Seems risky to not have Messi, Suarez, and Iniesta.

I think I would start this lineup.

------------Cillessen
Semedo-Piqué-Vermaelen-Digne
----Roberto-Busquets-Aleñá----
Dembelé---Paulinho----Denis

Roberto starting on midfield will probably never happen at this point so I will be satisfied with Rakitic there.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just realized Iniesta is out too. Don't know what'd the deal with him. This could be even harder then. I guess Rakitic will be our creative boss. :nervous:

Also, chance of rain tomorrow in Vigo. :unzue: has a good chance to get an active result.

FCBfan22

Seems like Valverde, like most of the forum, doesn't care much about CDR.

Is Iniesta injured? Seems risky to not have Messi, Suarez, and Iniesta.

I think I would start this lineup.

------------Cillessen
Semedo-Piqué-Vermaelen-Digne
----Roberto-Busquets-Aleñá----
Dembelé---Paulinho----Denis

Roberto starting on midfield will probably never happen at this point so I will be satisfied with Rakitic there.

Dembele probably won't play more than 20-25 minutes.

serghei

I'd play Vidal on RW, Paulinho as false 9, and Arnaiz on the left, with Alena, Busi, Raki midfield.

Raketa10

Why is Deulofeu not included? Is he injured??? With Messi, Suarez and Paco out he should have been in the squad! Don’t understand this at all.

Only logical explanation is that he will be sold together with Rafinha so we don’t want to risk an injury.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans