Holland

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
mark-van-bommel-and-nigel-de-jong.jpg

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I'm already looking forward to EURO 2016. We might be a contender then as well. With Strootman hopefully not out again, we could have a very solid midfield. I just hope Robben and the other veterans won't decline rapidly......

khaled_a_d

Good news, he really never impressed me with Holland. Who will take over tho?

With their history Van Basten or Rijkaard :lol:
Seriously though ,I think it will be one of Blind / De Boer / Koeman .being in June/early July gives them a chance to negotiate club coaches and blind was widely considered a possible heir

JPM85

Blind will take over, but not very happy about it.
Was second guy besides Hiddink, but never impressed to be leading the team.

Blind never archieved anything as a coach (one cup with Ajax), but there are no alternatives in place. Koeman will never take the job within the coming years, as he is where he wants to be with Southampton, and named future coach of top team. F. de Boer isn't willing to do the job yet, and shouldn't take it either.

My take would be Kluivert, as he is really looking energetic (remember the World Cup), and his teams put decent possesion soccer on the pitch.

JPM85

Seems a bit like it, Hiddink is just too old and can't connect to the team anymore.

van Gaal build the team on strategies and plays, making sure everybody knows their role and will work their ass of to do what is told. Reason why youngsters normally flourish with van Gaal, because they won't argue what they need to do. With Barca and Bayern he clinched with the older guys (van Bommel, Ribery, Rivaldo).

Hiddink is all about team chemistry, and letting the team decide the path to take. It will work if the team has the capacity to have leaders who set the path ('98 with F. de Boer, Bergkamp & Jonk), but the current squad lacks of that simply because the player that leads the team is Robben, and has been injured most of the matches. Sneijder isn't that influential anymore, and van Persie just lacks the leadership within the whole team.

This team needs a coach who tells the team what their job is, and doesn't mind to bench or drops a player who isn't doing theirs.
Reason why I don't believe Blind will change that between now and November.

Home of Barca Fans