CL | Round 6: FC Barcelona - Borussia Mönchengladbach 4-0

gregorrin10

I said it at the start of the season, and i'm saying it again now...our game looks a lot more fluid with Arda at LW, and without Neymar's needlessly slowing the game down with his stupid non-active dribbling. But LW also must be Arda's only position, in midfield he's just catastrophic, like Cesc was. He and Arda are the same in that regard. Gomes also looks a lot better at DMF than LMF, for where he is simply too slow. He can cover for Rakitič sometimes too, but i think his main position should be Busquets's alternative....that central role seems to be really suiting him more. Vidal also looked great, infact the whole right-hand side tonight has been brilliant, Gladbach totally overrunned by Vidal-Denis-Messi combining beautifully.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We broke the CL record for passes in 1st half. Team pressed great too.

And indeed, we looked way more fluid without Neymar.

F

FlaFCB

We broke the CL record for passes in 1st half. Team pressed great too.

And indeed, we looked way more fluid without Neymar.

Without Neymar, Busi, Alba, Suarez and Rakitic. Versus a side that didn't press, in a dead rubber. I wouldn't make too many assumptions after this game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Without Neymar, Busi, Alba, Suarez and Rakitic. Versus a side that didn't press, in a dead rubber. I wouldn't make too many assumptions after this game.

Others player you mentioned don't hog the ball and give it away as Neymar does.
Furhermore, many teams we played this season,with Neymar, didn't press either and we looked nowhere near as fluid as tonight (1st half in particular).

BorussiaBarcelona

BM are pathetic. They can't cross the half... And Paco. Man touch the ball it won't bite :)

Nice try...

We're currently in an eight game winless streak in the league and nowhere near the leve we've been the past couple of seasons.
We also can't get anything going in away games throughout the whole calendar year.
This game also meant nothing and we rotated a couple guys out, with others missing thanks to injury or suspension.

Anyways, finally that thing is over and we can concentrate on the league, were we need points as soon as possible.

F

FlaFCB

Others player you mentioned don't hog the ball and give it away as Neymar does.
Furhermore, many teams we played this season,with Neymar, didn't press either and we looked nowhere near as fluid as tonight (1st half in particular).

After Iniesta got injured? There weren't many of those, where we weren't pressed.

Potroh

Don't forget pls that this was far the WEAKEST TEAM we played today, much weaker than any team in the Liga.
Their attack seemed 3rd class, their defense truly mediocre, so bringing any generic conclusions from this practice-game leads to nowhere...

gregorrin10

Don't forget pls that this was far the WEAKEST TEAM we played today, much weaker than any team in the Liga.
Their attack seemed 3rd class, their defense truly mediocre, so bringing any generic conclusions from this practice-game leads to nowhere...

You're insane! Gladbach would beat half of La Liga teams easily, they would surely end up in the upper half of the table every season, if they played in La Liga. Don't let today's performance fool you, take it from someone who watches them quite regularly in the Bundesliga as well. It's our awesome game tonight, that totally overunned them, plus they have not been lucky with injuries this season so far as well.

Last edited:

BorussiaBarcelona

You're insane! Gladbach would beat half of La Liga teams easily, they would surely end up in the upper half of the table every season, if they played in La Liga.

Not in our current form.
Though, I'm pretty positive we could compete for a top six spot.

Anyways, best thing about this game.

Result 0:4
Gladbach fans singing
"Ihr werdet nie deutscher Meister" --> "You'll never be chamions of germany/Bundesliga champs" :lol:

gatsu

After tonight's performance for me it is very simple, the midfield must be Busquets-Iniesta-Denis. That if we want to produce good football again

DRUNKY

After tonight's performance for me it is very simple, the midfield must be Busquets-Iniesta-Denis. That if we want to produce good football again

I couldn't agree more but then, we will need to assign someone else to defending because Denis does not track back like Rakitic.

barcafan161

You're insane! Gladbach would beat half of La Liga teams easily, they would surely end up in the upper half of the table every season, if they played in La Liga. Don't let today's performance fool you, take it from someone who watches them quite regularly in the Bundesliga as well. It's our awesome game tonight, that totally overunned them, plus they have not been lucky with injuries this season so far as well.

They have looked awful all group.

they are 13th in Bundesliga for a reason..they aren't good.

Home of Barca Fans