11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Donatello

I think mentally also he is not strong.. apparently not all players are endowed with mental strenght.. When he plays as a subtitute he enters the pitch sulky, as if offended to play so few a minutes..
By contrast, i remember when capello sent beckham to the stands in a most humiliating fashion when he took over real madrid. Beckham stayed silent, trained with the team.. Injuries invaded the squad so capello had to call him and put him in the bench.. had given him 10 minutes and 15 minutes.. and beckham performed and played his best version.. eventually Beckham became a starter and Real Madrid won Laliga over ronaldinhos Barca. That, is mental strenght and perseverance.. Beckham was amongst the biggest players in the world and never complained.. short version. those few minutes are not an excuse for Dembele for underperforming, rather furthers exposes another weakness in him.

Becks was 31 at that time, while Dembele is 22.

And your so called mentally strong Becks left the very next season.

And we know you have agenda against him, so don't try to act neutral. If you don't like him here, at least put some valid points.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

And we know you have agenda against him, so don't try to act neutral. If you don't like him here, at least put some valid points.

Sorry, these posts how Total-Football has an agenda are funny.

Even if he has an agenda, some of you are treating him as his every word is shit and agenda.
With or without anyone's love/hate/or agenda, Dembele is still young, but very raw and of questionable fit for Barca.
Although he has a lot of talent and can create magic out of nowhere, he is from time to time very bad in some basic stuff like first touch and extremely simple passes (67% passing accuracy at Dortmund).

I don't like Dembele, but even I will say that I love those rare moments of his magic when he produces magic out of nowhere (solo action, crazy assist, goal or similar).
A problem is that he is a magician 3-4 times per match, and on Deulofeu's level of horrible to average over other 86 minutes, causing all sorts of troubles for our team.

The same as how Messi is a GOAT, but sucks in defense.
Or how Busi is good at passing and build up but sucks on counters.
That is not an agenda. Just a simple fact.

Someone mentioned Neymar yesterday.
In numbers, this is how I would rate Pedro, Neymar and Dembele in the last few years:
Pedro:
attacking magic and attacking ability: 40%
Defending, workrate, bringing overal balance to a team: 95%

Neymar:
attacking magic and attacking ability: 90%, although not as lethal in shooting
Defending, workrate, bringing overal balance to a team: 50%

Dembele:
attacking magic and attacking ability: 80%
Defending, workrate, bringing overal balance to a team: 30%

So, a current Dembele (imo) is weaker than Neymar in attacking sense and way weaker in defending and bringing balance to a team, where even Neymar was quite bad.
Pedro was the best in terms of bringing overall movement, attack, defending, link up play to our team.
But he lacked in attacking 1 vs 1 magic.

But at the end of a day, imo, a prime Pedro was bringing the most (overall) to a team compared to Neymar and Dembele.
Neymar brought some magic in attack but also a lot of problems in midfield and defending, and we were losing possession since he was doing a solo action whenever he would get the ball.
Dembele for now: zero chemistry, zero understanding, not fitting against parked buses, playing like Deulofeu for 90% of match and then offering here and there some moments of magic.

So, a current question is: are Dembele's 3-4 moments of magic per match worth all the troubles which he is offering during other 86 minutes?

Imo, that is not agenda.
That is just what he is bringing to our team CURRENTLY.
Some rare moments of magic and not too much besides that.

Last edited:

LMTR14

1. buying him for that amount of money was an insane risk which I was absolutely against back then (squandering neymar millions like that was idiotic no matter how he would turn out)

2. dembele will not develop under valverde (as exemplified by the recent benching). chemistry with the rest of the team doesn't seem to be too well either, which is bad

3. dembele needs to develop in order to be worth the money. if he had cost 50 mil his performance would be fine, but for almost 3 times that he has to play at least 50% better than he is now. I am certain he could improve that much, if developed the right way. letting him rot on the bench while other players are overplayed 90 min each time - certainly not the right way (and I don't even like dembele, but I still think he should be used almost every game)

FCBfan22

Maxim4

Anybody who quotes Don Balol should be banned.

Apparently, you know Dembele, so why are you posting this bullshit. P$G can't afford him at the moment.

All we need to do for Dembele to develop is play him on the right and sack Ernie.

I did not write that but Dembéle himself.
he asked me, we like to laugh.

Maxim4

Anybody who quotes Don Balol should be banned.

Apparently, you know Dembele, so why are you posting this bullshit. P$G can't afford him at the moment.

All we need to do for Dembele to develop is play him on the right and sack Ernie.

banish Dembele, he's the one who posted it!

Home of Barca Fans