CL | 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - FC Bayern Munich 2-8

Porque

Well, it is D-Day. I am hoping we go with Sport's lineup and not MD's. With that we can probably go toe-to-toe with Bayern for 45 minutes both physically and strategically.

At that point the second half will be all about the subs. Puig to cycle the ball quicker (and PRESS, don't forget he does that tirelessly) in the final third, Ansu for goal threat, Dembele for pace, Griezmann for something, Rakitic for nothing.

If we use them we got a chance. If the game is tight and we go late hoping for a Messi, Suarez miracle. Bayern will grind us out and beat us. And if they don't, we will be dead tired for the quick turn around to the Semis. LaLiga has already proven that the core starting 11 can not cope with the intensity and frequency of the turnarounds.

Last edited:

vinni

I'm not too worried about Alba. Mistakes can happen to any player. Dude is world class and know what is expected at this level. Few people remember the disaster at Anfield as well as him. I bet/hope he is 100% today.

gatsu

Although we have been poor so far and theoriticaly speaking bayern is clearly the favourite. The configuration of the competition (no home and away game, neutral field) makes it hard to predict the result. I say that anything is possible. Even if they are not in their best form we still have top classe players, in fact Messi alone could be a major upseting factor.
For me it is 50/50.

Last edited:

Porque

Yeah, we only have one similar match scenario for reference (vs Atletico in the SuperCopa de la Oil money).

There we played a great game and lost. Probably because Ernie refused to make subs until it was too late. His trademark which Setien is currently infringing.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Still dont understand why Puig and Fati didnt play against Napoli. Now they have to play maybe against the strongest team in the world without playing any matches for one month. Great Job, Setien.

Daisymorr

If Vidal starts tonight, we deserve to get hammered.

He was a big game player in the past but not anymore. He just fouls over and over again.

Hopefully he puts a bit of trust in Roberto or Puig to play with FDJ and Busi

Home of Barca Fans