new Deloitte Money League (Revenue) list

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Today the new list was released, just thought to let you know.

1. Real Madrid 549,5 Million Euro revenue (previous year: 518,9 Million Euro)

2. Manchester United 518,0 (423,8)

3. Bayern München 487,5 (431,2)

4. FC Barcelona 484,6 (482,6)

5. Paris St. Germain 474,2 (398,8)

6. Manchester City 414,4 (316,2)

7. FC Chelsea 387,9 (303,4)

8. FC Arsenal 359,3 (284,3)

9. FC Liverpool 305,9 (240,6)

10. Juventus 279,4 (272,4)

11. Borussia Dortmund 261,5 (256,2)

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So that means that James and Kroos sells more T-shirts than Suarez, Rakitic, Mathieu, Vermaelen and Douglas combined:shakeshead:

BenRobbins

Honestly fuck City , its so bullshit how their owners can make up bullshit sponsors and add £100-150 million in revenue its just cheating compared to how other clubs have earn't it.

So so annoying

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Honestly fuck City , its so bullshit how their owners can make up bullshit sponsors and add £100-150 million in revenue its just cheating compared to how other clubs have earn't it.

So so annoying

You forgot to mention PSG in your rant.

spark

Its all pretty damning but they keep harping on about economic success. Some quotes from our section :

"Barcelona slip two places to fourth in this year’s Money League, the first time since 2007/08 that the Catalan giants haven’t featured in the top two. Since achieving revenue growth of more than €30m in 2011/12, Barcelona’s revenue has remained virtually unchanged for the last three seasons, with the club unable to generate significant revenue growth in any of the three major streams."

"Elimination at the quarter-final stage of the UEFA Champions League (compared with a semifinal appearance in 2012/13) resulted in one fewer home match than in the previous season, as well as a reduction in UEFA distributions from €45.5m to €42m. FC Barcelona have been unable to match the Commercial growth achieved by its immediate Money League rivals over the past two seasons.

Indeed, since 2011/12, the club’s commercial revenue has reduced by 1%, whilst the average rate of commercial growth among the other top four Money League clubs over this period has been over 40%:)lol:). The club have recently attempted innovative solutions to boost commercial revenue in the short term, such as agreements with Intel and Beko which see the companies’ logos appear on the inside and sleeves, respectively, of the team’s shirt."

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Footballing-wise we have got the whole package and everything, stars, branding, huge fanbase around the world, we just need better and more astute business leaders to help us gain business-wise.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
OK, I compared the three sources of revenue (matchday, broadcasting and commercial), what really jumped out at me was how low our commercial revenue is, compared to Real Madrid, Manchester United and Bayern. The commercial portion of our revenue was 185.7m euros in 2014, whereas Real Madrid's was 231.5m, Manchester United was at 226.4m and Bayern was at a whopping 291.8m.

In the case of Real Madrid, much of their commercial revenue come from the new deal with Emirates, lucrative friendly games and summer tours, as well as greatly improved sales of their jerseys. Manchester United, on the other hand, hugely benefitted from the 750m jersey deal they got from Adidas, and deals in many of the emerging markets, given their huge popularity and fanbase. around the world. Bayern's success in generating commercial revenue, asides from their corporate deals, was attributed to their merchandise sales, which increased by 27% compared to 2013.

So overall, we need to strike better corporate and sponsor deals and us fans need to pitch in and buy more jerseys and other merchandise. Do your part please! :p

Visca Barça! :barca scarf:

BenRobbins

Manchester United, on the other hand, hugely benefitted from the 750m jersey deal they got from Adidas, and deals in many of the emerging markets, given their huge popularity and fanbase. around the world.

I don't think our deal kicks in till the start of next season so it won't be included till the 2017 results. Next year we will drop due to no champs league this year but hopefully in 2016/17 we will be back and add the extra revenue.

I was suprised when i saw the commercial deals for barca seeing as they have 2 shirt sponsors and other deals i presume they would be leading that front.

Home of Barca Fans