Lliga: FC Barcelona - UD Almería 4-0

F

Flavia

Training with an eye on Almeria

WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
04/07/2015 11:44

The FC Barcelona first team squad worked out on Tuesday morning with tomorrow's Liga clash in mind

The first team squad trained on a bright, sunny Tuesday morning at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper as they continue their preparations for Wednesday night’s Liga clash at the Camp Nou against relegation threatened Almeria (8.00pm CET).
All of the available players were present, including Munir from the reserve team, while Thomas Vermaelen was also able to join in with some of the exercises. Jordi Alba did recovery work in a separate part of the field.
The squad to face Almeria will be announced on Wednesday morning.

No Samper :(
Munir will probably get some minutes.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers Flavia

Yeah, too bad about Samper not being there. Vermaelen probably won't feature either given he's not training fully yet.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Was hoping Vermaelen could get a few minutes to see how he looks before the tough month we have ahead. Wouldn't be a good idea to throw him into those games considering how long he has been injured for.

Leo_Messi

Was hoping Vermaelen could get a few minutes to see how he looks before the tough month we have ahead. Wouldn't be a good idea to throw him into those games considering how long he has been injured for.

Vermaelen has no business playing this month at all to begin with. First of all he is not fully fit yet and thus nowhere near the starting 11. He has not earned his spot at all. Lucho should throw him into action next month or in a game late this month where the result has already been decided in our favor.

A shame that Samper has not been included in the squad. This could have been one of the few rare opportunities for him this season.

In any case Almería should not be a problem at all. I expect a comfortable win regardless of them appointing Sergi. Hopefully without any injuries.

Also it would be good if Messi, Neymar and Suárez scored so they could boost their confidence further before the upcoming crucial games. Especially Leo.

Barcadub

Vermaelen is looking at the Getafe game for his first bit of game time.

Only other games he may play in is Córdoba or Deportivo(depending on the title situation)

Other then that there is no chance he will be playing. Let's see though

beogatts

Training with an eye on Almeria

WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
04/07/2015 11:44

The FC Barcelona first team squad worked out on Tuesday morning with tomorrow's Liga clash in mind

The first team squad trained on a bright, sunny Tuesday morning at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper as they continue their preparations for Wednesday night’s Liga clash at the Camp Nou against relegation threatened Almeria (8.00pm CET).
All of the available players were present, including Munir from the reserve team, while Thomas Vermaelen was also able to join in with some of the exercises. Jordi Alba did recovery work in a separate part of the field.
The squad to face Almeria will be announced on Wednesday morning.

No Samper :(
Munir will probably get some minutes.

by looking at this vid..hes far from ready. if lucho really wants to try gettin him on the field, do that during 5-0 lead at 80 min ;)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
List of the players called up by Lucho :

Ter Stegen , Claudio Bravo, Montoya, Piqué, Rakitic, Xavi, Pedro, Iniesta, Luis Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Rafinha, Mascherano, Bartra ,Sergi Roberto, Adriano, Dani Alves y Mathieu.

So no Samper nor Munir.

BBZ8800

Well he's not a bad player. If he can get fully fit then he wouldn't be a bad option in some games. Just think that it would be better to give him some minutes against easier teams.

Samper won't play, Vermaelen won't play till the end of the Season.

Lucho will not be doing experiments in this part of the Season.
These guys will have their chance during summer and next Season.

BarcaBarcaBarca

Samper not in squad which is a disappointment but his time will come. Must in game and it has to be a comfortable one.

Bravo
Alves Pique Mathieu Adriano
Mascherano
Rakitic SergiRoberto
Messi Suarez Pedro

Neymar > Pedro 70th
Xavi > Rakitic 85th

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
List of the players called up by Lucho :

Ter Stegen , Claudio Bravo, Montoya, Piqué, Rakitic, Xavi, Pedro, Iniesta, Luis Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Rafinha, Mascherano, Bartra ,Sergi Roberto, Adriano, Dani Alves y Mathieu.

So no Samper nor Munir.

Samper didn't train with the 1st team yesterday but Munir did so a bit disappointed for young forward.

anguy

I would rather rest Messi than any other player. I believe he's still not recovered from his injury. Leave him on bench and play Rafinha instead. At least we will be able to evaluate how Rafinha looks on his natural position. Also I'd like to see duo Rakitic-Xavi for at least 60 minutes. Xavi might fit current tactics than Iniesta, it's time to find it out.

[formation=barca,6]
Bravo
Montoya-0-Bartra-0-Mathieu-0-Alba
0-0-0-Mascherano-0-0-0
0-Rakitic(55 Roberto)-0-0-0-Xavi-0
Rafinha-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar(65 Pedro)
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Last edited:

StarLord

I would love to see Messi rested myself. But as this game is the easiest (at least on paper) for him and our other front three to score, I see that as unlikely.

I am really worried (as I am sure all of us) about the upcoming run of games. There is no way that our players will be at anywhere near 100% tonight and Almeria may as well take advantage of it. I remember them playing good defense against us on other occasions as well. I am also really puzzled by Almeria's position on the table, when I watched them on a few occasions in the first part of the season, they seemed more than good enough for a mid-table position.

Home of Barca Fans