Liga | Round 20: Real Betis - FC Barcelona 1-1

El Flaco

La Liga round 20

Sunday, January 29, 12:00

Real Betis - FC Barcelona

Ref: Hernández Hernández

Injured players: Iniesta, Busquets, Rafinha

Squad: Ter Stegen, Cillessen, Piqué, Rakitic, Denis Suárez, Arda Turan, Luis Suárez, Messi, Neymar Jr, Mascherano,
Paco Alcácer, Jordi Alba, Digne, Sergi Roberto, André Gomes, Aleix Vidal, Umtiti and Mathieu.

40049297.jpg

Cool

Olaf
Vidal-Pique-Mathieu-Digne
Denis-Rakitic-Gomes
Messi-Goalcacer-Ney

I like your lineup except that I'd put Suarez instead of Paco (sub him in once we're up) or play Messi as a false nine with Arda on the right wing.

Mido

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
0-Piqué-0-0-0-Mathieu-0
Vidal-0-0-0-0-0-Digne
0-0-0-Gomes-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Arda-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Last edited:

Altomonte

not much time to recover from Thursday's game, and a very early start time. Hopefully, we will score the first goal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hope we don't underestimate them by putting up a weak lineup.

Last edited:

serghei

Must win game. We can be first in the league if we get the 3 pts. That is extra pressure on Madrid.

Mido

Amongst the questions we shall ask ourselves are :

- what formation would be the most suitable to win and optimize the eleven's freshness that should face Atletico ?

Subsequent questions - What is Simeone likely to do against Barca ?
- With Iniesta, Busquets, Rafinha and Mascherano being absent , will Lucho, just like he did against Sociedad, try to make Simeone fall into his traps by transforming Barca's weaknesses ( less control) to strenghts ?

If I were Simeone I'll try to put Barca under pressure as they're a lot more vulnerable in the transition from defence to midfield. Defending and closing spaces to force Barca to uncover spaces behind and make them pay on counter-attacks could also be an idea but if Mascherano gets fit again, with Gomes and Arda being physically relatively strong, Denis being fast, it could be quite sterile.

I don't know what Lucho has in mind, in my humble and weak opinion I believe it could be really rewarding to set up a malleable 4-3-3 that could switch to a "reverse triangle" when Atletico press in their 4-2-2-2 formation and make them pay when they press.
At the same time, the team should also be skillfull enough to dominate and overwhelm Atletico if they decide to close spaces and retreat.

For this reason and I might be totally wrong, we may need each midfielder for their qualities in this game :
- Denis for his velocity and intensity - Gomes for stabilizing the midfield - Mascherano for defensive stability - Rakitic for the transition to the attack - Arda for intensity

I would spare Mascherano ( he's slightly injured anyway I believe) and Denis and play with a Rakitic-Gomes-Arda midfield against Betis. Bring on Denis early in the second half to see if he's still in his momentum

Neymessi

We have been winning a lot of matches recently with wierd ass lineups so pretty sure lucho will go for a weird lineup yet again.

Home of Barca Fans