Would you be ok if Barca hires an ex-rm coach as long as it is a competent one?

Would you be ok if Barca hires an ex-rm coach as long as it is a competent one?

• Total voters

Bertus

Creating this poll since I was asked (with lots of sarcasms) by somebody during the match chat.

He argued that all barcelona fans would prefers less good coaches like Lucho, De Boer, Klopp, Blanc (no, I'm joking here ofc) etc. rather than hiring a monster coach, just because they trained RM at some points.

So, I, who according to this board member am not a true barca fan, is asking you: Would you refuse if any of those coaches would be open to train Barca? :

- Jupp Heynckes
- Ancelotti
- Mourinho
- etc.

--------------

Gonna give my personal feeling. I am past the age of kiddy rivalries, and after those years of mismanagement, I just want barcelona to get their hands on a coach that can build a new fantastic project, a new era here, instead of hiring unproven ones or coaches that live in the shadow of the Pep era. I don't care if they trained RM, I would be really thrilled to get Jupp or Carlo here.

Andrew M

Not Mourinho. A short termist, results-driven coach. A defensive one at that.

Not so bothered by his former association with Real

Alik

I'd refuse Mou. Just because I don't think his skill as a manager outweighs the problems he'd bring to Barca. I don't think his style would suit us and I don't like his antics.

F

Flavia

Yes, as long as there wasn't a history of bad blood, like Mourinho has. His eye poke on Tito makes him a big no. But Heynckes? In a heart beat.
Ancelotti said recently he wouldn't manage a rival of a team he has previously coached, so there's also that. Some coaches won't do it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Absolutely, whoever, whatever it takes to bring us back that beautiful, mesmerizing football that made us fall in love with Barca in the first place. And whoever will activate the potentials of our players to its fullest.

I would welcome anybody, including ex-Rm mangers who can help us achieve that with open arms.

Bertus

Yes, as long as there wasn't a history of bad blood, like Mourinho has. His eye poke on Tito makes him a big no. But Heynckes? In a heart beat.
Ancelotti said recently he wouldn't manage a rival of a team he has previously coached, so there's also that. Some coaches won't do it.
Well, my poll is not about what's possible or not. Right now, nothing is possible if you look at the circumstances.

It's rather about what I was being told, that I am a fake fan, and that there's no barca fan that would accept an ex RM coach here.

Yeah TBH, I didn't take it well to be called fake. So I wanted to see by myself what other members think about that.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I wouldn't be ok with anything Mourinho-related. But I'll get Jupp Heynckes in a heartbeat. His relation with Real Madrid only lasted for 1 season and it's not like he's said or done anything harmful to Barca that I should keep a grudge against him.

Andrew M

Well, my poll is not about what's possible or not. Right now, nothing is possible if you look at the circumstances.

It's rather about what I was being told, that I am a fake fan, and that there's no barca fan that would accept an ex RM coach here.

Yeah TBH, I didn't take it well to be called fake. So I wanted to see by myself what other members think about that.

It's just hard to accept that you can be a fan of both PSG and Barca. A lot of people might have a small local team they like, Fulham in my case, but it would be odd if it was Arsenal or someone.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I guess I'd be fine with it, coaches generally aren't associated as much with a particular club as players are so it wouldn't be too big a deal. As long as they weren't jerks like Mourinho, but that goes to all managers, not just to ones from Real, so I'll just vote yes.

F

Flavia

Who told you that?

Well, look at this:
https://vine.co/v/OMngHr5ubTw

:lucho:

Bertus

It's just hard to accept that you can be a fan of both PSG and Barca. A lot of people might have a small local team they like, Fulham in my case, but it would be odd if it was Arsenal or someone.
That's fallacious then, because that has to relation to the debate we had.

And so far, there are many fake barca fans here, a moderator included, if we believe what I was told.

If people judge me based on following PSG, then really I don't care. I don't waste time with those who use fallacious arguments and exvuses to flee from real debates. So they usually end up in my blacklist.

Home of Barca Fans