Pre-season: International Champions Cup

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's pre-fucking-season

When have we ever been awesome in pre-season?

Pre-season is for getting back to your full fitness for the real season to start, which does in a week, not to go out all guns blazing just to please some fans who don't seem to understand the simple concept of pre-season.

Alik

Lol, a few preseason games is all it takes to ignore every other match the player has had.

F

Frejsgodes

Amusing how much you people get so worked up over a friendly :lol:

It has no bearing on the upcoming season.

I can only imagine how freaked out people would be if Messi, Neymar, Mascherano and Alves had been in the lineup and we lost.

V

vigneshFCB

We dominated possession, at least 70% of the ball. We missed quite a lot of clear cut chances (one on ones from Rakitic and Suarez come to mind). All in all, we were by far the better team - we had double their shots on goal! Why are people freaking out???
Fiorentina are comfortably top 4 team in Italy and are real quality.

xXKonan

CLbidWDWUAEdG5R.jpg

Fiorentina fans hold banner to thank Barcelona for beating their rivals Juventus in CL final

mazp

Amusing how much you people get so worked up over a friendly :lol:

It has no bearing on the upcoming season.

I can only imagine how freaked out people would be if Messi, Neymar, Mascherano and Alves had been in the lineup and we lost.

Wait, if we lose the Super Cup,which frankly wouldn't be that shocking considering those guys are just coming back. The Twitter meltdown will unbearable. For me Barca's season starts in Jan.

zanela

Achieving the Sextuple is a rare feat (repeating in our case). I don't know about others but I would certainly be pissed if we don't.

SeloBarca

Chelsea isn't exactly a bad team. Point me to the "Horrenodus" games Rafinha has had? He had 2 games which his positioning along side Iniesta was suspect but that doesn't match up to your description of him being extremely inconsistent.

Thats what i ment. People here are fast to forget. Hes had many many games last year where we were invicible and everyone calling for him to get subbed or shouldnt have started the game at all.
He cant controll games, cant play next to Iniesta and arent to good next to Rakitic either. Hes way to much like Cesc, that didnt fit us either.
The only one he played decently next to isnt in the team anymore.

F

Flavia

Achieving the Sextuple is a rare feat (repeating in our case). I don't know about others but I would certainly be pissed if we don't.

Not just rare, unique. Happened only that time. I'd be pissed too.
For what is worth, Sevilla also lost today, to Brighton. And they lost some of their core players.

Horatio

You're welcome
Sevilla always sells their best players beginning of the season so our odds are more than good.

Catalan Fan

People expecting us to do the Sextuple need a reality check, that would obviously mean doing the Treble again, back to back seasons.I seriously doubt that will happen.

The Treble has only been done twice, and never back to back plus no team has ever successfully defended the CL.

Am not saying we're in for a shit season, but we won't win everything.

Home of Barca Fans