Lliga | Round 33: FC Barcelona - Valencia CF 1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
No point in using a gala XI if the gala XI is so tired. This is the time when Sergi, Rafinha, Aleix and Turan have to step up. Would've been a chance for Vermaelen too but the fucker is injured again - so Batra time I guess

BarcaOG

Banned
we really need a positive result here. im hoping only for a respectable performance, and a couple of goals. nothing more...

Jefecito

Umm to play our players that are not dead exhausted and out of form?

yeah, we have seen what the players that are not dead exhausted could do at Anoeta.
There a 7 games left, and apart from the coming week there won't be games each 3 days anymore, they will have time to rest.
If Messi has muscle discomfort he shouldn't play though.

Catalan Fan

Messi needs some time to rest, and if he indeed has some muscle discomfort, he needs to stay out.

I have nothing against Messi, don't get me wrong, but he's not at his best, and for the last few games, he's even been a bit of liability. I'd just rest him, keep him on the bench. Maybe sub him in after 55-th if we're doing bad.

I don't disagree with that.

Messi has not contributed anything for the last few games.Bench him and give him a rest.He's clearly not right atm.

I'd start with the team you suggested too.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
I don't disagree with that.

Messi has not contributed anything for the last few games.Bench him and give him a rest.He's clearly not right atm.

I'd start with the team you suggested too.

Messi has being out of it since the int break.
Neymar and suarez are out of it for 3 months now.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Messi is our most influential player though (on form/fit).

Unfortunately we can't afford to bench all 3 can we ?

But why bench the best player even if he's off form while just 1 more loss will feck up the league?
Barca doesn't have the players for it, if pedro was still there then maybe.

Catalan Fan

But why bench the best player even if he's off form while just 1 more loss will feck up the league?
Barca doesn't have the players for it, if pedro was still there then maybe.

Because he's been non existent in the last few games, he obviously needs a rest.We should still have enough to beat Valencia at home surely ? Put it this way... benching Messi on sunday on his current form, would he be missed ?

One more loss won't fuck up the league btw, it would be very close but we still have 2x H2H's over both Madrid teams.

gasgas

................... ter stegen
Sergi......pique...........mascherano...alba
......rakitic.........busquets....iniesta
..rafinha.........munir..... arda

Tough love for MSN
atleast arda plays position clloser to the one at atleti

KVM117

Messi needs to find his form, and he has a better shot at doing so if he's on the field. Maybe he'll find some creativity if he sticks to the wing (which seemed to work just fine earlier this season). I don't think exhaustion is the central issue for him, just given that defensive run he made against Atleti. The possible injury business sounds plausible, but might just be rumors covering for an otherwise inexplicable drop in focus and ability.

Suarez is hot-cold but at least he can pull out a result in a pinch (if luck is on his side, anyway). Neymar, on the other hand... Maybe Arda deserves a chance up front. And hopefully Lucho gives MAtS at least one game in the league seeing as CL is off the table.

I wonder if at some point (likely just before the int. break) it became less a matter of actually enjoying their play and more a matter of just getting results by grinding through like inhuman juggernauts. That might only be one small piece of the puzzle, of course, but Barça has always been a joy to watch because they feel the joy to play. That aura has definitely dwindled; who can say whether that mindset has led to them losing form or vice-versa.

No matter the result, though: Visca Barça.

Alik

yeah, we have seen what the players that are not dead exhausted could do at Anoeta.
There a 7 games left, and apart from the coming week there won't be games each 3 days anymore, they will have time to rest.
If Messi has muscle discomfort he shouldn't play though.

They were subbed out and the starters didn't do any better. Plus this is a home match, not at a stadium where we've struggled in the past.

I wish we had 3 Sergi Robertos so that we could rest Rakitic, Busquets and Alves at the same time. As it is, my desired lineup would be:

[formation=barca,6]
Bravo
0-0-Pique>Bartra-0-Masche-0-0
Vidal-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Roberto-0-0-0-Turan-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Rafinha-0-Suárez-0-Neymar>Munir-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Status
Not open for further replies.