Arjen Robben

Morten

Seems like he retired from NT, they will not be able to replace a player like him anytime soon, and they are struggling enough as it is.

Yannik

Used to be the least talented of a Golden Generation, ended as arguably the third best Dutch player of all time. Absolute legend.

BarcaOG

Banned
definitely an all time legend for the netherlands...the last man standing from the 2010 team that reached the final and still infinitely better than overhyped players like depay...much respect

aondoe

He's just too good when he does it.

Props to him for still being a great player after all those injuries and at his age.

lol exactly. His quickness has to be something you have to see live to actually appreciate what defenders have to contend with. It was like me watching Messi for the first time. I saw him play my countrymen(Nigeria) in the U-17 world cup. I remember being so angry that this little guy was dribbling through our defense at will. Accelerating, stopping, going it drove me mad. As time went on of course I just learned to appreciate the greatness that I witnessed on the screen(As I did tonight where Messi showed why he's considered the greatest in the world). Robben is an incredible player, makes me wonder what a smart coach like Ancelotti was thinking in benching him.

Morten

Given his injury-history and his age, its remarkable how quick and fit he still is.
Sure know how to take care of himself, or maybe its just genetics.

MessiDinho10

Big loss for NT, the best Dutch player this century, top 5 of all time. Some people don’t like him because of his diving, but he is a great person of the field. Dedicated to the sport and money and fame never got to his head. I hope he will finish his career in The Netherlands, we need him.

KingLeo10

in terms of performances for the national team he definitely deserves to be top 3. holland making the 2010 final and 2014 semis was largely on him (with great support from sneidjer and RVP of course).

Devils

The only world class Dutch footballer left on the planet and he's gone. Sad days for Dutch football.

Personally one of my favourite players ever. Robben is that winger that nobody wants to face, he's just lethal.

Legendary player.

khaled_a_d

Robben has been one of few players who have been able to turn their career around, from an overrated player who is bad in big games to a legend. Lots of respect for him
Netherlands need to rebuild now and start fixing whatever wrong in their youth system.they aren't producing have of talents they used to

Yannik

Robben has been one of few players who have been able to turn their career around, from an overrated player who is bad in big games to a legend. Lots of respect for him
Netherlands need to rebuild now and start fixing whatever wrong in their youth system.they aren't producing have of talents they used to

when was he overrated and bad at big games though?

KingLeo10

when was he overrated and bad at big games though?

i think the perception stemmed from the stretch of lost finals: 10 CL, 10 WC, 12 CL. though i wouldn't say he was overrated. he was very dangerous in the WC final, but ultimately fluffed two 1 on 1s that could have won it for them. he redeemed himself with the 13 CL and 14 WC though.

Home of Barca Fans