Best DM in the world - nominations

Aasim

Bumbleman
I define world class as in top 5 in the world in that position. That means 5 out of 6 billion.

Busquets is world class.

Busquets is world class.

Don't agree!

Busquets improvement is amazing, but i think that he's still not a world class player.

Sergio must learn many things to be in top 5 or being a world class player as you defined.

Lets neglect about all items and just mention to some of the balls which he lose and gives the opponent an opportunity for lunching a threat to us.

Busquets is not world class in my opinion yet, but undoubtedly, he has the potential to become world class midfielder in the future; Even Yaya Toure who was better DM than Sergio in my opinion, was not world class!

Aasim

Bumbleman
He has removed the mistakes from his game. With more experience they will be unnoticeable.

I can't really think of 5 better DMs. Cambi, Masch and Yaya are the obvious DMs who can be argued better. Who are the other 2?

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Why is Busquets still underrated? After all that Meta has done? :(

Btw Mascherano for me.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Cambiasso is still number one. Biscuits is getting there though.

Someone else said Busquets is the best in the world but I still think he has a long way to go, but you are right that he is on the right track.

Cambiasso I am never too confident in saying he is the best in the world. Only because he always had a partner and the Inter side is defensively very solid all around. However Cambiasso would walk into any team out there, spectacular player in the middle for his all around contribution and tactical awareness. The way he sticks to a man and strips the ball of a player and then pleads innocent and shocked when whistled at is world class.

I define world class as in top 5 in the world in that position. That means 5 out of 6 billion.

Busquets is world class.

Easy to throw world class at players who were part of winners.

He is working as a part of a working system, there will be times where the system isn't working and he will be overwhelmed. To be world class is to pull the midfield together when times are tough, in the absence of Xavi and Iniesta where you do not dominate possession, Busquests will need to dig way deeper than usual to find his inner world class. Not sure if he can at this stage.

Beast

The Observer
DM position is very sensitive nowadays a bit like CF/SS.. many teams don't use this old traditional target man ala Ruud /Toni but play the likes of RVP,Rooney,Higuain upfront..

so we can argue all night about the likes of Essien vs Busquets but both do the same job except the former do more in the teams attack . we have seen teams like Germany and Holland effectively use people like Khedira/Bastian as the 2 players in 4-2-3-1 or Van Bommel with De Jong.. both teams reached the WC semi-final

Cambiasso is now sitting in the traditional DM position all alone but with the new roles i'd also put the likes of Essien , Banega,VB..etc with him.. hard to pick one as the best IMO

Bergkamp10

If I'm classing a DM as someone who sits infront of the back 4 as a shield than Busquets is certainly in the top 5.

Cambiasso, Mascherano, Busquets, Yaya and maybe De Jong(?). Really can't think of a fifth at the moment.

Red Devil 2

Busquets for me the lad has quick feet to go with his clever football brain. As for Yaya I always thought of him as a holding player yet City seem to want to play him in an advanced role making him look shit.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Busquets for me the lad has quick feet to go with his clever football brain. As for Yaya I always thought of him as a holding player yet City seem to want to play him in an advanced role making him look shit.

Barca made him shit in an advanced position. He wasn't a DM, he was a CM but played DM for so long that his natural position became overwhelming.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Barca made him shit in an advanced position. He wasn't a DM, he was a CM but played DM for so long that his natural position became overwhelming.

he may not be a DM but he's no AM either.

he is, like you say, a CM.

if mancio had bollocks he'd play him alongside barry or de jong and tevez off adebayor (or silva off tevez, whatever) and city would be much better to watch, and much more penetrative.

anyway, to answer the initial question it's mascherano, with cambiasso a close second and busquets or de jong picking up the bronze.

Home of Barca Fans