World Cup 2018

utility73

They are right, France plays cynical negative football (so did Chelsea last season but thats not the point) and are boring to watch.

:lol:

It is exactly not the point if the way France plays is boring or not (which is also matter of taste btw). France beat Belgium fair and square. Belgium lost, deservedly so.

The point is exactly that Hazard and Courtois are hypocritical idiots because for one they have been playing for Chelsea. Did they complain about their own team playing boring football ?
And second, Belgium did basically nothing against Brazil. They scored from an own goal and a long distance shot and did not create much else, even when Brasil had to open up more and more. Do not remember them complaining about Belgium playing boring defense against Brasil then.

So they can keep talking crap all day long, does not make them sound any less stupid :lol:

Interestingly enough we did not receive such stupidity from Kevin de Bruyne a guy who was actually playing for a club showering the premier league with goals.

For what it is worth. I‘d also prefer France to play somewhat more offensively with all the individual quality in their squad. And I was actually rooting for Belgium in that match but have no problem conceding that France was superior.

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

:lol:

It is exactly not the point if the way France plays is boring or not (which is also matter of taste btw). France beat Belgium fair and square. Belgium lost, deservedly so.

The point is exactly that Hazard and Courtois are hypocritical idiots because for one they have been playing for Chelsea. Did they complain about their own team playing boring football ?.

Actually Hazard complains about the football Chelsea plays regulary.
And i fully agree with both of them, France play cynical, negative football, wether they win deserved or not doesn't matter, the football they play is ugly and boring.

JerseyAddict

I am so afraid of this final. One Mbappe run... I am so pesimistic. And afraid. Don't know why. When I see Lloris, Umtiti, Varane, Pogba, Kante, Mbappe, Griez... It looks frightening on the paper. And our team played 90min more and had 1 day less to rest.

Givenchy

I am so afraid of this final. One Mbappe run... I am so pesimistic. And afraid. Don't know why. When I see Lloris, Umtiti, Varane, Pogba, Kante, Mbappe, Griez... It looks frightening on the paper. And our team played 90min more and had 1 day less to rest.

France are bottlers, remember that. same was said when they played Portugal in the Euro final and that was even less pressure.

Morten

France actually had more shots on target than Belgium, and if it wasnt for the lamp post upfront, they would easily have scored one or two more.
It was a close game, but i see no reason why some are complaining over their victory, it was deserved.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

You are in wrong mindset, my friend. We have nothing to lose going into this final as underdogs. Team already achieved more than anyone imagined. Granted, winning it is in back of all our minds but we are already winners and whatever happens we have every reason to smile.

I could tell you how we are more experienced, have better team spirit, have a score to settle for 98', or how we always play better against top teams... We have our chance and now is time to enjoy this. This probably won't happen ever again in our lifetime.

Judoman

It will be interesting to see which team will take control.
I don t think, that France is very dangerous in the build up, where they need to create infront of 2 lines. Mbappe & Griezman need space to make their runs.
I hope Croatia heals until sunday and that they bring their best team.

sickstar

France's best game was against Uruguay, but Uruguay was playing so badly that game that I can't stand watching the game full length, Cavani lost really hit them hard. France had a great showing the game before where they played ultra attacking football against Argentina but they apparently also forgot to defend. That's why they reach the final, Deschamps found a more balanced strategy that works, even sacrificing the natural attacking talents of Mbappe, Griezmann etc.

I'm rooting for Croatia btw :rockon:

RMU ReBorn

Raphael Varane will appear in his 16th career final [which includes 4 CL finals, 3 CWC finals and 2 UEFA Super Cup finals] against Croatia tomorrow. He has won all of those finals and he is still just 25 years of age.

Madrid got Varane , kroos , Modric , Asensio , Carvajal for peanuts and we are in for Adrian Rabiot for 40 M after spending 35+ for Arda , Vidal , Gomes , Paco :worthy:

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
You are in wrong mindset, my friend. We have nothing to lose going into this final as underdogs. Team already achieved more than anyone imagined. Granted, winning it is in back of all our minds but we are already winners and whatever happens we have every reason to smile.

You just say that because you never experienced losing a World Cup final.

Neeraj

Rooting for Croatia. I don't like the French team, has many players I dislike plus that smug coach. Really hope Croatia manages to get a result. Only problem is, Croatia team is SO slow; the best tactic against France is to sit back and counter because their pace will expose a high line. However, Croatia relies on slow building and midfield dominance from Rakitic and Modric - the perfect ingredient for France to sit back and counter them..

Home of Barca Fans