World Cup 2018

Givenchy

England are shite, they literally beat Tunisia (in the last minute), Panama (worst team in tournament), Colombia (penalties) and Sweden to get here

They were lucky with their route to this game and big teams all doing badly

how are Colombia and Sweden easy? Sweden topped a group with Germany and Mexico in it and Colombia are always a threat. also you forgot to add '(no James)'

so much hate

Altomonte

What i found weird is that England looked almost as tired as Croatia in extra time, despite Croatia already have played extra time vs Russia.
what's really weird is that France gets an extra day of rest. After a heavy schedule, it's a big handicap to play after only 3 days of rest against a finalist who got 4 days. A big difference, even for extremely fit professionals. It's simply unfair and I don't understand why FIFA is still continuing to schedule the final that way. They could wait until Monday without losing many viewers.
As a Barça fan, I still want France to win, just to see Umtiti dance and smile!

Trickykid

We weren't naff at all. We fall some way short of being one of the very top teams, and lack the top level quality in the attacking third, but we are a good team and outperformed all the favourites bar France and Belgium.

I found you bland and boring, so let's agree to disagree.
My own country were equally boring to outsiders, but I still enjoyed our run, and had fortunes been a little different, then we would have beaten Croatia in the shootout. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

serghei

You want me to explain the system we used? What does that have to do with the path? I'm not sure what you're getting at. I would say though that we haven't really played any of the top teams, but when our current level was finishing last in our group at the last World Cup and being eliminated by Iceland at the last Euros, this run still represents an encouraging step forward. As far as reaching finals and semi-finals goes, England are roughly on par with Poland or Czech Republic since the war. We have a lot of work to do, but at least we're not in complete disarray any more.

You just played on the counter and relied a lot on set pieces. Nothing special if you ask me and not that different to what happened in the past. In the past editions of the World Cup you faced better opponents, that's the main factor why this year you made the semis and in previous editions you went out in the QF or Last 16.

Last edited:

Morten

As i mentioned before, Croatia actually played one game more than France(their own doing) and one day less rest, i hope they have the legs for it.

JamDav1982

You just played on the counter and relied a lot on set pieces. Nothing special if you ask me and not that different to what happened in the past. In the past editions of the World Cup you faced better opponents.

No they didnt they had more of the ball and more of the chances vs both Colombia and Sweden as well as the first two group games.

West Saxon

I found you bland and boring, so let's agree to disagree.
My own country were equally boring to outsiders, but I still enjoyed our run, and had fortunes been a little different, then we would have beaten Croatia in the shootout. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but I will just say that being bad and being boring are not the same thing. Atletico Madrid, for example, are very 'boring', but they are one of the top handful of teams in the world.

Not that I think England were boring. Some lovely football in patches, just not enough elite quality.

Jenks

You just played on the counter and relied a lot on set pieces. Nothing special if you ask me and not that different to what happened in the past. In the past editions of the World Cup you faced better opponents, that's the main factor why this year you made the semis and in previous editions you went out in the QF or so.

Is this the only England game you've watched at this tournament? Because we've dominated possession in every game we've played apart from this one and the B team friendly against Belgium which was roughly even. This is the only game we've sought to play on the counter.

serghei

No they didnt they had more of the ball and more of the chances vs both Colombia and Sweden as well as the first two group games.

Colombia was without their best player, and even so, England barely had any chances and scored from a penalty kick. A rather dull game with no real chances decided by pens.

Home of Barca Fans