President of FC Barcelona
FCB.v1319559431.png
-
APOEL_FC.v1317635002.png

Date: Wednesday, 09/17/2014 20:45

Competition: Champions League

Referee: TBA

BwJEITSIEAA7YsM.jpg

First Group Game of our Champions League campaign starts this Wednesday against the side from Cyprus.

Xavinho

Really hoping to see Montoya, Bartra, and ter Stegen as starters for this game. I'd like to see Sergi Roberto get some minutes too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Really hoping to see Montoya, Bartra, and ter Stegen as starters for this game. I'd like to see Sergi Roberto get some minutes too.

I'd like to see Xavi get a start here as well! Maybe he can play the first half and if we're comfortably ahead by HT, he could be replaced by Sergi Roberto or Rafinha if he doesn't start.

No offence to any APOEL fans over here if we have any, but they should be pretty beatable even if we rest many of the ones who started against Los Leones.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I'd like to see something like:

MAtS; Montoya, Bartra, Mathieu, Alba; Buquets, Rakitic, Xavi; Neymar, Messi, Munir.

Subs in 2nd half:

Rafinha, Pedro, Roberto.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
MAtS, Douglas, Bartra, Mathieu, Adriano - Busi Xavi Rafinha - Neymar Messi Munir is my choice
Subs: Pedro, Roberto, Alba

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
MAtS - Douglas/Montoya, Bartra, Ginger Wall, Grimaldo - Masch, Xavi, Roberto - Neymar, Munir, Sandro
Subs: Pedro, Alba, Rafinha, Messi, Don, Pique
The reason for Grimaldo is that I want Jordi rested and Adriano I don't think he has fully recovered from his heart problems plus I want to see how Douglas does or would like to see Montoya get 2 games in a row

Professor Chaos

I want to see Ter Stegen, Vermaelen and Douglas in this game. If Verma and Douglas will screw up I hope they won't play ever again.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Would like to see Neymar-Messi-Munir from the start. Once we have a few goals then we can bring some people off. Can't slip up here though. Haven't forgot Rubin Kazan winning at the Camp Nou.

I

instinct

Ter-Stegen Alves Bartra Pique Adriano Mascherano Xavi Rafinha Munir Messi Neymar

would be my choice

I

instinct

Interview with Thomas Christiansen (manager of AEK Lanarca) about APOEL:

What would you say their main virtues are?

“They have a strong squad. I think they’re the best side in Cyprus, both individually and as a group. Apoel are most dangerous in attack. They have some top class players like De Vincenti, Aloneftis and Manduca, who got two against us. And I’d highlight Vinicius, he’s the engine of the team, a very hard worker and he gets through on goal. He scored in both legs of the Champions League qualifier”.

Do they have any weak spots?

“I’d day in defence. They move about a lot and have a tendency to leave spaces, and that’ll be especially true if Barça have two men coming at them down the wing. Apoel are a good side, but if Barça get the ball moving around fast, I don’t think they’ll cause too many problems”.

What kind of tactics do you think Apoel will use?

“I’m sure they’ll go for 4-4-2. They don’t create much pressure up front, and less so against Barça. In fact, they didn’t even do that much against us. I guess they’ll try to keep it tight at the back to stop Barça from getting the ball through the middle, which is why I think Barça should try to get the ball moving quick up the wings”.

They’re all saying that Apoel is the weak side in Group F. What do you think?

“They’ve been drawn in a group that they’ll find hard going. But Apoel are especially strong in their stadium. The fans get right behind them and no foreign teams ever get many goals there. You need to be brave to come to Cyprus and win”.

quotes from fcbarcelona.com

Barcadub

My first game at the Nou camp.

Dream come through. Hopefully there is plenty of goals.

I am in the front row by the side line.

Home of Barca Fans