Fabio Coentrao

I

Iniesta6

If you can buy him for 15 mil or less, i think you should buy him. His future looks good, he's just 22 years old, and is a good attacking left back.

Trequartista

The good
Fabio is awesome,one of my favourites outside Barca,Versatile and young,always looking to go forward,if he was playing in an EPL team,he could have been hyped to be as good as Lionel Messi like Bale,Him and Bale have many things in common,Bale is better but Fabio is not that far behind but we dont need him,we dont play with a well defined left back with Abidal combining between the job of a third centreback and a Left Back,when we need another attacking option we can use Maxwell or Adriano,on the left wing we are not short of options there:Villa,Bojan,Jeffren,Pedro,Adriano,Afellay,Iniesta,we may be following him but that doesnt mean that we will sign him,only following if Abidal dies is a car crash or Maxwell turns bald,if we sign him then why on earth we signed Adriano?no need at all,or at least no need to spend 20m on him as our priority should be a striker,anyway the source was not el mundo deportivo,it was a local paper in Portugal

P

PhilS

At what positions could you improve FCB? Where could you replace a current player with someone who either is better or better fits the FCB style?

This is a tough team to improve, because at most positions it is not possible to do better. But the team is certainly not complacent, it continues to use it's world's highest revenues to bring in primo players like Villa and Mascherano. FCB can afford giving a try with Adriano, then re-trying with Fabio.

I think Afellay is the answer for adding depth to the forwards. Either Iniesta or Afellay will rotate at forward.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think we all forgot about Muniesa. Young Marc will probably be our LB in the future.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think we all forgot about Muniesa. Young Marc will probably be our LB in the future.

You're probably right, Bojan...I have a real love affair for Fabio (No homo) but the prudent thing would be to promote someone like Muniesa

Barcilliant

Please dont spend alot on this guy. Very good player but why do we have Maxwell, Adriano and Abidal. Goal.com reports 'that the Catalans are not fully satisfied with Abidal'. He seems to be doing ok to me.

KluivertsBoots

Coentrao doesn't get near the hype he should be getting, and I know that's because he plays off the grid somewhat at Benfica. Benfica is not a small club by any stretch, but obviously the Portuguese league trails well behind the majors in terms of coverage. Also, many clubs aren't prepared to use fullbacks so bravely.

He's better than either Maxwell or Adriano going forward. He'd be a great replacement for Maxwell.

Here are the highlights from the recent Europa League encounter with PSV:

I think Benfica is one of the most entertaining and unique sides in the world tactically. They have everything in the attacking sense.

DucdeOrléans

You are right, Benfica are exciting but you should try and watch Porto. They are even better under Villas-Boas when it comes to entertaiment and tactics.

rmpcsl

Hey guys Im Portuguese so here is my opinion:
Porto is the best team overall for sure but Coentrao is the best player of the season he is everything we need LB young quick great tecnique attacks and defends well and runs 90 min like a beast (he is better then Bale). He wont be cheap but with 22 years old he can be our LB for next 10 years he can do the same Dani makes on the right (with less salarie weight), I would say about 20 million plus 2 players we have on loan like Hleb or Henrique or Caceres... for the starting 11 he is the one we should spend some money. Abidal is now a great CB to rotate with Pique Puyol and Fontas and Maxwell is good enough but only for the bench.

Home of Barca Fans