Would you be willing to part with one of MSN in order to tune the squad ?

Would you be willing to part with one of MSN in order to tune the squad ?

• Yes

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 42.6%

• Total voters

El Guaje

Neymar does the same crap (going deep to get the ball) for Brasil.
That's just his new style.

About the other part where you say that Pedro wouldn't pull a Psg's miracle.
It works both ways:
Pedro would have scored more goals.
Pedro wouldn't miss a sitter against Rm for 2:0.
Pedro wouldn't get red carded against Malaga.
With Pedro, we wouldn't lose 0:3 and 0:4 in a Cl because we had zero connection between attack and midfield.

Anyway, a what if game works in both ways.

Neymar has some skills better than Pedro, but he also has tons of cons which are ruining our team.

He wasnt positioned in the midfield as often in the treble season. He was making lots and lots of more runs into space than he is now.

We can keep spinning on this forever. Pedro scored 11 goals on 50 appearances back in 14/15. Oh damn, he is so good.
edit: Pedro best season in amount of goals = 23. Neymar = 39. How come if Pedro is so much better on scoring? He had service from the best midfield trio in the world in their prime. Neymar has freakin Rakitic, Gomes and an againg Iniesta.

Pedro might score a couple of more goals, but in return you get a player that the only thing he can do on the wings is to pass the ball back. He gets no attention from opponent defenders = more people to mark Messi and Suarez. We have already been there - we were extremely dependent on Messi and the only thing the other team needed to do was to shut him out and we were done.

Pedro might have not missed that chance, but he 100% wouldnt even have gotten in that position to score. Do you know what would have happened there? Pedro would have passed the ball back to Iniesta. So if you're gonna bring up examples, do your research first pls.

Pedro wouldnt have gotten red carded, agreed on that.

How do you know that? How would Pedro connect the midfield with attack lol? Explain that please. And with Pedro the amazing comeback never happens. And how is Neymar causing that problem? He is the one actually solving it as he drops down in order to bring the ball forward. With Pedro that doesnt happen either. But that shouldnt be necessary though, but it is what it is, we have a sh!t midfield.

As does Pedro. He brings nothing of use and we suffered from it when we were depending on Messi to do everything by himself, with Neymar he doesnt have to.

What if game works both ways yeah, only thing is you have to bring extreme examples to fit your narrative. We can keep spinning on it forever.

Last edited:

El Guaje

Again I am not saying buy Mbappe, Dybala

I am just giving options in the scenario we are forced to sell members of MSN

I don't want them sold, may be Suarez because of age

But if we are faced with a situation where we either keep MSN, but with a poor squad or sell them.
I would keep Messi out of the three

And i commented on the options you provided no?

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Messi moved to midfield early in 2016 before there was a problem tbh,midfield in the 1st 3 months of 2016 was doing there job and the team was dominant but he still played in the middle. It didn't look like an issue until Zidane exposed our right flank in the classico and things fell apart after that

Sure we need midfield upgrade and it would help,but I don't see anything that suggest that Messi is gonna be RW again, can argue that was the same case in 2014,but he was faster than he was back then and was able to put more effort too.

The solution I suggested earlier is the most feasible one I think. It requires the least amount of tinkering. If we entirely move Messi out of the right and into the middle or allow him to roam freely, you’ll have more modifications to do.

Are you saying he doesn't want to play there or he can not play there?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Neymar will be 30 when Messi will retire.
So, more or less, Neymar will never be our leader post Messi.

By the time when Messi retires, Neymar will be a few years behind his prime already.

Whom will we buy?
2-3 new superstar kids emerge in each season.

There will be 5-10 new superstar forwards on market by the time Messi retires.

Why sell Neymar? To generate cash to buy someone (who? We know we will not buy Mbappe) or just for spite?

Messi or Neymar? Hell no.

Suarez? Maybe. Huge maybe. If I were guaranteed that we can properly replace him AND buy the world class players we need in midfield and RB and if I were convinced that selling one of MSN is absolutely necessary.

BBZ8800

Why sell Neymar? To generate cash to buy someone (who? We know we will not buy Mbappe) or just for spite?

Or improve our team because a guy had:
0 good months in the first season
6 good months in treble season
6 good months in the 3rd season
2 good months in the 4th season

48 months here.
14 good months.

A guy is a good fit to our team only on paper.
In real life, results are quite different.

Can you name any other Barca's starter, except Rakitic, who, the same as Neymar, sucked here for longer periods than he actually played well?

This is the answer why we don't need Neymar.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

He wasnt positioned in the midfield as often in the treble season. He was making lots and lots of more runs into space than he is now.

We can keep spinning on this forever. Pedro scored 11 goals on 50 appearances back in 14/15. Oh damn, he is so good.
edit: Pedro best season in amount of goals = 23. Neymar = 39. How come if Pedro is so much better on scoring? He had service from the best midfield trio in the world in their prime. Neymar has freakin Rakitic, Gomes and an againg Iniesta.

Pedro might score a couple of more goals, but in return you get a player that the only thing he can do on the wings is to pass the ball back. He gets no attention from opponent defenders = more people to mark Messi and Suarez. We have already been there - we were extremely dependent on Messi and the only thing the other team needed to do was to shut him out and we were done.

Pedro might have not missed that chance, but he 100% wouldnt even have gotten in that position to score. Do you know what would have happened there? Pedro would have passed the ball back to Iniesta. So if you're gonna bring up examples, do your research first pls.

Pedro wouldnt have gotten red carded, agreed on that.

How do you know that? How would Pedro connect the midfield with attack lol? Explain that please.

Neymar had Xavi, Busi, Iniesta almost 4 years younger than today, plus Messi and Alves, when he came.
And still sucked, the same as always.

Iniesta was 29 back then.
Xavi 33.
Alves 30.
Messi 26 lol.
Busi was a kid also.

But let me guess:
When he came, he played bad because he needed time to learn how the team plays.
And when he learned that, then we had Lucho and a new midfield so a poor guy Ney couldn't play well again.

I am eager to read a new set of excuses in the next season, when he'll suck the same always.
I see it already: it's not Msn or Ney. It's Unzue. It's midfield again. It's aliens. Insert a random excuse.

About how Pedro would connect midfield and attack:
Pedro gets the ball, Pedro doesn't lose the ball, Pedro plays passes and triangles, Barca keeps possession.

Neymar gets the ball, Neymar dribbles past 5 players in each action and ends an action right away.
Midfield doesn't get the ball back once Neymar gets it.
We attack with less players and we don't attack as a team but as an individual Msn force.
And soon as Neymar loses the ball in dribbles, we are hit on endless counters.

And no, a reply how Ney tracks back doesn't help.
Instead of losing the ball too fast 50 times per match (msn individual attacking style) and tracking back 50 times per match, why not slow down (Pedro's style) and lose the ball only 20 times per match which means that we have to track back only 20 times per match and thus saving more energy for possession, attacking link up and off the ball movement.

Also it is not as simple as: Ney plays that way because our midfield sucks. Again, he played the same in Santos and in Brasilian Nt.
What IF we don't play this way because of a poor midfield but because of a nature of Msn? Or a mixture of both?

Neymar's run and gun style is forcing our grannies to run up and down all the time and then ee are dead tired both in attack, midfield and defending after 30-45 minutes.
Except Neymar. He is not tired, but he can't score when his teammates get tired, so nothing will happen again.

Last edited:

El Guaje

Neymar had Xavi, Busi, Iniesta almost 4 years younger than today, plus Messi and Alves, when he came.

Xavi 33.
Alves 30.
Messi 26 lol.
Busi was a kid also.

But let me guess:
And when he learned that, then we had Lucho and a new midfield so a poor guy Ney couldn't play well again.

I am eager to read a new set of excuses in the next season, when he'll suck the same always.
I see it already: it's not Msn or Ney. It's Unzue. It's midfield again. It's aliens. Insert a random excuse.

Pedro gets the ball, Pedro doesn't lose the ball, Pedro plays passes and triangles, Barca keeps possession.

Neymar gets the ball, Neymar dribbles past 5 players in each action and ends an action right away.
We attack with less players and we don't attack as a team but as an individual Msn force.

Instead of losing the ball too fast 50 times per match (msn individual attacking style) and tracking back 50 times per match, why not slow down (Pedro's style) and lose the ball only 20 times per match which means that we have to track back only 20 times per match and thus saving more energy for possession, attacking link up and off the ball movement.

Also it is not as simple as: Ney plays that way because our midfield sucks. Again, he played the same in Santos and in Brasilian Nt.
What IF we don't play this way because of a poor midfield but because of a nature of Msn? Or a mixture of both?

Neymar's run and gun style is forcing our grannies to run up and down all the time and then ee are dead tired both in attack, midfield and defending after 30-45 minutes.
Except Neymar. He is not tired, but he can't score when his teammates get tired, so nothing will happen again.

Xavi 33.
Alves 30.
Messi 26 lol.
Busi was a kid also.

But let me guess:

While Neymar wasnt excellent when he came, he didnt suck either but atleast he did better than Pedro lol, had similar game/goal ratio etc.

They werent in their prime. How old were they when Pedro played? He had the service of the best midfield trio ever for years. When Neymar came it was time to start phasing out Xavi. Iniesta wasnt as good as in his prime years, same goes for Alves. No matter how you look at it - Pedro had the better overall team to play in. The players were at the peaks of their careers, he had a functional team, he had a competent coach and the list goes on.

A year to adapt is pretty normal.
Haha here it goes again. You are so narrow minded its unreal and cant seem to remember sh!t. When Lucho came the whole team sucked in the beginning bar 1-2-3 players. And Neymar was one of these players. Then came the period where the entire team sucked until after the Anoeta game and you still single out Neymar while not mentioning a single word how pretty much every player sucked. Deez doublestandards. And once again you had to reach far to make your point.

Aaand we're back to when everything depended on Messi. You can easily afford to keep 3 players close to him + clog the middle and Barca were done for it.

Neymar does not attempt to dribble 5 opponent players every time. Again you have to reach far and over exaggerate to make your point.
Yes it does. Not as often as if Pedro would have been there though. But that is a question of game plan and tactics also.
How is that on Neymar? Is it his fault how Lucho sets up the team and tells them how to play? And that the MSN trio are the only competent attackers on the team?
As we do when Messi looses the ball, only difference is Neymar actually tracks all the way back.

Aaand once again we're back to Peps final time with meaningless possession, incredibly slow buildup that lets teams set up their defense and thousands of sideways passes. We've already been there and that is the reason Neymar was brought in. Yes, by all means keep possession and all that but mix it upp with direct and fast attacks and with counters - we dont even do that any more. You want to go back to square one and that isnt gonna work.

If the midfield sucks it will start a chain reaction. Midfield sucks = no support for attackers = attackers suffer.

Our only granny in starting XI is Iniesta. Rakitic is still comming by even tho he has to cover acres and acres of space all by himself because a significant other player just wont give a sh!t about tracking back, but yet we are singling out another player for everything that is wrong with this team lol.

khaled_a_d

Just for the record, many thought that Dani Alves was done and it is time to move on,many also thought we can get an upgrade over Eto
I am not against selling Suarez,but be careful what you wish for

serghei

Absolutely not. I'd rather try to fix our problems rather than create new ones. We can't even sign a good ball playing midfielder and suddenly we're able to replace Suarez?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Just for the record, many thought that Dani Alves was done and it is time to move on,many also thought we can get an upgrade over Eto
I am not against selling Suarez,but be careful what you wish for

We did get an upgrade over Eto'o. It's just that we also had a stubborn Coach who didn't now what he wanted! I am not even going to compare Zlatan and Eto'o but I would say that Villa was an upgrade and so is Suarez

After Eto'o, we won 2 CL and 5 leagues and few more trophies. It's not like we missed him sorely, we missed his attitude yeah but not the player ability itself.

serghei

We did get an upgrade over Eto'o. It's just that we also had a stubborn Coach who didn't now what he wanted! I am not even going to compare Zlatan and Eto'o but I would say that Villa was an upgrade and so is Suarez

After Eto'o, we won 2 CL and 5 leagues and few more trophies. It's not like we missed him sorely, we missed his attitude yeah but not the player ability itself.

True, but chances are that with Eto'o we would have won the CL in 2010. We really really missed a striker like him in that year, especially in the Inter tie.

Home of Barca Fans