2015 CL Final: Barca - Juve 3-1 !!!CAMPIONS!!!

StarLord

Anyone complaining about the scoreline is not being objective. 3-1 describes the game perfectly, we won deservedly.

I re-watched the final twice since last Saturday.

While we were not at our best, we still created several excellent goal-scoring opportunities which we wasted. Alves, Pique, Suarez (2 or 3 excellent chances) Messi (twice) Neymar could all have put the game to bed long before it finally did happen. Juventus on the other hand, only had a few long-range efforts (of which only one was a really good one, with Tevez) outside their very nice goal.

We were head and shoulders the better team and deservedly won. The ref also allowed Juventus to stay in the contest by sparing them several yellow cards, and I do mean several. It is funny that the exact same thing happened in our previous two finals in which United were spared red cards (Ronaldo, Scholes could both have easily been red-carded in Rome, while Valencia did enough nasty fouls on Messi for at least 4 to 5 yellow cards at Wembley) Same thing has occurred in other CL games for us (Arsenal 2011, City last season, Real Madrid second leg in 2011)

It's as if the refs allow a certain handicap for our opponents in the CL most of the times, yet people only remember the calls that went for us. Sheer jealousy in my opinion.

ceefoo

[MENTION=19806]StarLord[/MENTION] That's exactly why the rules need to change. Referees are terrified to send players off in a Final. You could see that Vidal was virtually daring the referee to send him off in the CL Final, with a succession of outrageous fouls.

Time to bring in sin-bins for constant offenders. That way the officials can come-down on persistent, tactical and "amber" fouls without fear of rebuttal.

Galning

Referees shouldn't be afraid and just send them off. All these new rules are useless, same with the freekick spray. See the wall moving? Yellow card. Moves again? Send him off.
Only thing that would benefit the game is camera footage, but what Vidal did was just a red card. No need to invent new systems just because referees are afraid to follow the rules.

Asylum15

Referees shouldn't be afraid and just send them off. All these new rules are useless, same with the freekick spray. See the wall moving? Yellow card. Moves again? Send him off.
Only thing that would benefit the game is camera footage, but what Vidal did was just a red card. No need to invent new systems just because referees are afraid to follow the rules.

Official behind the goal could be added to this list. Have missed so many crucial decisions already.

StarLord

ESPN is showing 2011 UCL Final, damn, I'm divided between which team is better, that or the current. Messi was godlike in that final.

I recently re-watched that game myself. Messi-Xavi-Iniesta were literally walking on water in that final (and during that season in general) as were the rest of the team. That final performance was probably the most complete CL final performance ever, United did not know what hit them. The score would have been a lot worse for them if not for brilliant last-ditch tackles from the likes of Rio and Vidic. The ref also spared Valencia multiple yellow card offences.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Apparently UEFA might penalize us because some of our fans were showing and waving the Catalan independence flags (the Estelada) at the CL final in Berlin. If we are found guilty, they might fine us for under 60000 euros and more importantly, they might force us to close a section of the Camp Nou during one of next season's CL group games.

Alik

Apparently UEFA might penalize us because some of our fans were showing and waving the Catalan independence flags (the Estelada) at the CL final in Berlin. If we are found guilty, they might fine us for under 60000 euros and more importantly, they might force us to close a section of the Camp Nou during one of next season's CL group games.

I read that too.

What's the logic behind that? What does UEFA care?

Alik

Then the players who wore the flag during the celebration should be fined too.

Anyways, I don't get it.

The supporters weren't roudy, racist or cause any trouble. They should focus on that.

JamDav1982

Then the players who wore the flag during the celebration should be fined too.

Anyways, I don't get it.

The supporters weren't roudy, racist or cause any trouble. They should focus on that.

Not saying I agree with it but know in past Uefa have come down on clubs for this type of thing when they were not being violent/racist etc.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am kind of OK with FIFA or UEFA or any football governing body fining a club for allowing their fans to have any type of behavior that is not allowed at their home ground, after all you can argue each club has ways and means to warn their fans and control what is being allowed to carry into the stadium etc.

But this was the CL final in Berlin, in a third-party venue, how were we supposed to control anything??? Ridiculous.

And who can definitely say who is a Barca fan? Next time I dress up as a Real Madrid fan and hold a banner of political nature or scream obscenities to insult someone, Real Madrid will get fined and penalized? Nice.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I am kind of OK with FIFA or UEFA or any football governing body fining a club for allowing their fans to have any type of behavior that is not allowed at their home ground, after all you can argue each club has ways and means to warn their fans and control what is being allowed to carry into the stadium etc.

But this was the CL final in Berlin, in a third-party venue, how were we supposed to control anything??? Ridiculous.

And who can definitely say who is a Barca fan? Next time I dress up as a Real Madrid fan and hold a banner of political nature or scream obscenities to insult someone, Real Madrid will get fined and penalized? Nice.

Very good point Luft !

If they didn't want the banners, they only had to confiscate them when people were entering the stadium THEY control.

El Flaco

2015 Champions League Final: Barca - Juventus

Today is exactly 1 year ago since Barca won their 5th Champions League title.

Home of Barca Fans