Lliga: Granada CF - FC Barcelona 1-3

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
@Manus

1.Messi can't be rested because he doesn't like it. If you followed Barca these past few years at least, you'd understand. Not even pep could bench him.

2. You show severe lack of knowledge of La Liga. Barca lost last season to that same Granada so resting Messi there is not an option.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Bojan seems to be the only one that understands that Messi can't be benched.

I will find some quotes from 'Messi' by Guillem Balague where Pep talks about the issue. He understood that Messi could not be benched and that it is detrimental to do so.

JamDav1982

@Manus

1.Messi can't be rested because he doesn't like it. If you followed Barca these past few years at least, you'd understand. Not even pep could bench him.

2. You show severe lack of knowledge of La Liga. Barca lost last season to that same Granada so resting Messi there is not an option.

You just come across as a right prick the way you speak down to people.

Kohe321

He doesn't really need to be benched in order to rest. Messi is really good at pacing himselfs on the pitch, like he did yesterday - he didn't even look tired at the end of the game (not anymore than he did at the start anyway :lol: ). Messi knows how to pace himself through a season when he's in good shape like he is now.

beogatts

Nothingg much to say abt this game. Glad rakitic scored n suarez was doin great. Saw positive more than negative. gud to earn 3 points n i thought we looked ready for cdr 2nd leg.

Therle

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Real dropped 2 points! We are in it to win it guys!!!

Lets GOOOOO!

ScoobySquats

You just come across as a right prick the way you speak down to people.

I agree with Bojan.
If you want to comment on something, at least know what your talking about. That's how you avoid a toxic community like G O A L dot com where everyone just says whatever they think.
Just my $2

ManusXavi

@Manus

With respect to you bojan IMO this comment shows how coaches simply come under such huge media pressure to do things that are not always best.
Granada are in the relegation zone. This over playing of Messi doesn't allow for enough game time for other team chemistries to develop. Have we even seen a Neymar, Suarez, Pedro frontline yet? and we are in what. . . . .the month of march.

ManusXavi

It doesn't look good mentioning Rugby here but my home region Highlanders Rugby team we have depth at Halfback and No.10. We have 6 different players playing in 2 positions but it works because of the principle of team chemistry. The same 2 set of players are always playing together. Rotation works well if you have combinations.

doublehh03

Messi doesn't need rest. I think he's a player who knows his body. He was poor v. Malaga, GOAT v. Manchester city, then average v. Granada.

I think he chooses and picks his spots. Nobody can be great every game; it's humanly impossible even for the GOAT like Messi.

anguy

He doesn't really need to be benched in order to rest. Messi is really good at pacing himselfs on the pitch, like he did yesterday - he didn't even look tired at the end of the game (not anymore than he did at the start anyway :lol: ). Messi knows how to pace himself through a season when he's in good shape like he is now.

And the result of this is that we basically play with 10 players on pitch when opponent has the ball. You believe he "resting" while on pitch doesn't affects the team negatively?

Icarium

Lifestealer
We only have 5 matches in March, Villarreal will be little competitive but Eibar and Rayo will be easy. So i think players will be well rested for City and Madrid matches. I don't think we need to rest our front three, only one who needs rest is neymar and he is getting it against rayo.

Home of Barca Fans