Sergio Ramos

BarcaOG

Banned
I don't know about here nor do i care what they said i've been away for almost a year.. you are new here so let me advise you that i'm a die hard Madridista not a cule and been like this since 1984... so i'm no spring chicken

Ramos leadership is not questionable... he will have the odd game & screw up but for 3-4 years now he's been nothing but a leader in the team ... he is the heart of the team as well
the only time i have questioned a leader was Raul ... it has nothing to do with your team ..and being in this position before i know what Ramos departure means.. another post-Hierro meltdown... United means nothing to me as a fan ... you are not even top of your league and frankly speaking any European team in the last couple of years is dying to meet an English team as you all seem to have lost the European touch so in short i wouldn't mind at all if Ramos sadly leaves that he would pick you & not Barca or PSG or Bayern for example... so get your facts & head straight my friend

Beast! I am so glad to see you posting here again. As you know I'm a cule but I greatly respect your football knowledge and commitment to your team. I have nothing to add except that I agree with you.

And because I am a cule, I do hope Ramos leaves!:lucho:

barcanuck

[MENTION=813]Beast[/MENTION] I wonder if Ramos leaving has something to do with Carlo's firing. By all accounts the players wanted him to stay. Not to mention the treatment Iker has been receiving from the Real fans.

StarLord

I don't know about here nor do i care what they said i've been away for almost a year.. you are new here so let me advise you that i'm a die hard Madridista not a cule and been like this since 1984... so i'm no spring chicken

Ramos leadership is not questionable... he will have the odd game & screw up but for 3-4 years now he's been nothing but a leader in the team ... he is the heart of the team as well
the only time i have questioned a leader was Raul ... it has nothing to do with your team ..and being in this position before i know what Ramos departure means.. another post-Hierro meltdown... United means nothing to me as a fan ... you are not even top of your league and frankly speaking any European team in the last couple of years is dying to meet an English team as you all seem to have lost the European touch so in short i wouldn't mind at all if Ramos sadly leaves that he would pick you & not Barca or PSG or Bayern for example... so get your facts & head straight my friend

If Ramos left Real Madrid, I would still wait and see how RM will try and replace him, and also take note of any other additions/departures before attempting any kind of prediction for the coming season. Nevermind going as far as anticipating full-blown meltdown/disaster (your terminology) just because one (admittedly very good) center-half has left the shop. I find that a quite preposterous claim, and that is irrespective of whether all this "leadership" narrative is valid or not.

Now, why you got the impression that I am a United fan, I really don't know. In fact I was being sarcastic in regards with the media and fans propaganda/frenzy with everything United or Prem-related.

Beast

The Observer
Ramos is not the best defender in the world but he's a fantastic leader and the embodiment of this current Madrid. If he leaves it will feel like the team is falling apart.
Ramos for sure is a top 5 defender.. i put him higher than volleyball Thiago Silva and many others.. frankly he must be there in the top 3 defenders in the world.. but i agree with the rest of your post.. it will be downhill from that point onward and being in this position 10 years ago i can see what will happen again.. people underrate leadership skills but it's paramount and there is more than dozen stories in recent years of teams falling apart after the leaders has gone like Milan and others
Beast! I am so glad to see you posting here again. As you know I'm a cule but I greatly respect your football knowledge and commitment to your team. I have nothing to add except that I agree with you.

And because I am a cule, I do hope Ramos leaves!:lucho:
Glad to see you here dear :) and thanks for your nice words... and i hope Ramos stays although it feels the damage is done already

[MENTION=813]Beast[/MENTION] I wonder if Ramos leaving has something to do with Carlo's firing. By all accounts the players wanted him to stay. Not to mention the treatment Iker has been receiving from the Real fans.

Press & some journo's say the board/Perez doesn't trust strong leaders... it can be true if you look at Hierro departure and when you see Raul overstaying you can have doubts although couple of years it was under Calderon not Perez

Everyone wanted Carlo to stay players/fans everyone except the board/Perez ..
the man delivered the much anticipated Decima .. wasn't that bad although i reckon he takes big part of the blame this year due to his stubbornness in refusing to rotate he lost the starters and didn't have a match fit subs along with some bizarre statements like the BBC will always play when fit which i guess made so many subs lose motivation but the man is a chameleon and could have easily however the support was overwhelming from CR , Ramos or Marcelo etc... if it's about him everyone has to go
I don't subscribe to the myth of that Carlo lose the big games.. he didn't..and it's not as bad as people make it.. yes he lost to Atletico in the first season but even Barca couldn't win in what 6 games ? yet when it mattered the most he won... over 2 legs in copa with 5-0 agg & 4-1 in the CL final which is not bad. yes he lost to Barca's Martino but again when it was the copa final & without CR he did deliver ...this year he lost the Super cup to Atletico and lost in the league & cup but when it came to the CL and everyone said it's Real worst nightmare he made it happen.. had a better head to head record vs Barca... managed to be the first team that beat Seville at home after 37 unbeaten run , his record vs Valencia is 2 wins - 1 loss - 2 draw which is not bad at all and that includes a 5-0 win in Mestella...3 defeats and 2 wins VS Barca, beat Bayern under Pep 5-0 agg in the CL and almost all big teams so i think he is a victim here of this myth

I fear Perez is getting old & his mind is not the same.. i cannot explain any of this year actions ..

Beast

The Observer
If Ramos left Real Madrid, I would still wait and see how RM will try and replace him, and also take note of any other additions/departures before attempting any kind of prediction for the coming season. Nevermind going as far as anticipating full-blown meltdown/disaster (your terminology) just because one (admittedly very good) center-half has left the shop. I find that a quite preposterous claim, and that is irrespective of whether all this "leadership" narrative is valid or not.

Now, why you got the impression that I am a United fan, I really don't know. In fact I was being sarcastic in regards with the media and fans propaganda/frenzy with everything United or Prem-related.

Has nothing to do with him being a top CB (which i think he is ) ... but his leadership qualities , he plays with his heart & when the chips are down Ramos is the first to shout and motivate ..
I don't care if we got a better CB than him as i said it's not about that and i believe Varane & Pepe can do a great job already.. what we won't /can't substitute is his influence much like Gigs in United/Maldini in Milan /Zanetti in Inter etc you get the drift.. it's a valid claim if you follow those teams (and all teams) situation after the leaders departure ...

Richard.H

There is no way Ramos would leave RM IMO. Something huge would need to happen in the RM camp for him to leave. No matter how many dumb mistakes he makes, he is still the leader of the team after Saint Iker.

Beast

The Observer
Thanks man :cheers:

I have no clue i left there due to work schedule as i didn't have enough time to be available all the time & i guess the rest of the guys had the same issue... makes you appreciate the time & effort Bojan puts on here

MaxY

Devil May Cry

I have no clue i left there due to work schedule as i didn't have enough time to be available all the time & i guess the rest of the guys had the same issue... makes you appreciate the time & effort Bojan puts on here

Welcome back. I was thinking about this transfer window (from RM's side) and I have no clue who'll we get. We might get De Gea but we might also get Leno or that other young GK who already said that he wants to join RM(forgot his name). We're also looking into a LB ,possibly a CB if one of our CB leaves, 1 MF, 1 right winger(Cheryshev might work ) and a striker. Those are all positions that we're most likely looking to sign even if we don't sell any players. Unlike previous trasfer windows where we had obvious interest ,for example : Bale,James we don't have anybody like that this summer. The only Galactico names that are being thrown around are Pogba(which we denied), Aguero (who's willing to stay at Man.City and I doubt we'll ditch Benzema) & Reus ( who isn't even linked with us anymore). So who do you think that we'll get and who would you like us to get? There's also the question of loaning players like Odeegard ,Asensio,Lucas Silva etc, taking care of Castilla and now former Real Madrid C players..

Beast

The Observer

From my point of view there isn't much stars /Galactico to buy... i'm one of those who don't think Pogba is worth that money.. very good midfielder but not a 100 Mil player

We are coming to a period where the superstars are rare and you can count them on one finger so unlike the early millennium there isn't much to chose from and many of them will not improve the team fortunes .. whether it's Aguero who usually spend 2-3 month out or Reus who had a really bad season and i've seen several games especially vs Bayern where he didn't have any impact or Pogba who would bring with him excess baggage and a lot of problems through his infamous agent Mino Riaola who last i've checked is person non-grata in the Bernabeu to the extent that through a medium Pogba was informed that RM would only consider him if he ditch Mino who already destroyed two of his agents (Ibra & Super Mario ) future in bigger teams .

We have to consider 3 things before we go into the transfer market

1- the decrease in revenue through the collective TV bargaining which means Both Barca & Real will have less income when this comes into effect in a year
2- the amount of Spanish/Home grown players required in the CL roaster as well as RM representation in the Spanish NT (matter of pride )
3- Benitez (like Capello ) prefer to have one of his own on the pitch in the team.. at least for a year..

So when you lose Iker and possibly Ramos you are left with just Carvajal and Isco
That's why De Gea is important.. for a long time the NT had there no 1 from RM and they like to keep it that way for now.. plus Iker issue is becoming a distraction between idiot's who attack him & those who support him.. yes Iker is not the same as before .. he is not the St. Iker by his own standards but he isn't as bad as we make him so the best thing is to start fresh which leaves a small amount of 15 Million Euro's which is Iker last 2 years in contract which we usually give to departing legends as a thank you gift like we did with Raul .. i think De Gea so far is certain whether United be reasonable and send him away for a fair price or hold on for a year and eventually it means Iker will stay for an extra year with Navas & De Gea comes for free next summer.. this is a done deal

Aguero : all depend on Benzema leaving or accommodating CR position which is becoming a problem , CR lost his pace due to his constant knee issues so as we saw last year he can't outrun anyone anymore.. but he is the ultimate poacher so would you sacrifice Benzema the ever giving forward and another CR close buddy who never shy of passing the goal scoring chance to CR for someone who would love to score a bundle of his own ? i doubt it
.. unless we managed to put CR where we want to which is to push him away which is planned for next summer or if more development comes in as in another anger tantrum as he is losing all his supporters (Carlo/Ramos etc and before them was Di Maria ) .. CR will be hard to replace in terms of goals but we all know he can't play with his back to the goal so he is a problem playing as a lone striker..
And what if Rafa wants a different setup? .. selling CR is what he should do it will free Bale and the club made it clear that the future lies with Bale not CR ( you can guess how pissed off he must feel even with the press suggesting that wide open... it's Bale now who Rafa will switch the team to get the best of him ) ..

Reus form makes him doubtful plus where will you put him ? even with Benzema rumored to be taking the no 10 role you have Bale as LW , James RW & Benz as AM... we all know Rafa don't switch the 4-2-3-1 formation at all

I think apart from Danilo which is done & De Gea (or we keep the same 2 excellent keepers for a year ) the rest will all rely on what will happen this summer with Cristiano in particular .. forget all the rest it's CR future that can dictate what will do in the market ..

Apart from that you have already 5 players that can easily find themselves first team players...
1- Danilo (sure )
2- denis cheryshev had a very good season with Villareal and back from loan and if Rafa will keep Jese as announced he will need a back winger for Bale/Ronaldo to stay although Denis remains the most likely departure
3- Casemiro .. i believe will be the no 1 sub for Modric/Kroos this year.. i watched him with Porto and he had a stellar season .. watch this breakthrough season for him with Real

4- Marco Asensio , we signed him after a big hunt last year and we have up to 10 teams offering to take him on loan.. the highly rated ex-Mallorca star could be a great addition to the first team . he takes home 3.9 Million a year which is not peanuts for a 19 year old so Real will sure use him

5- Odegaard... best if he is loaned out for a season and the club refused the Celtic request as they want him to be loaned in Spain (probably to our buddies in Betis )

so we can end up keeping all those including Coentrao... and Casemiro already replaced Sami & Danilo for the departing Arbeloa ...

as CR will move as a CF , Marco Asensio /Denis Cheryshev will be the sub wingers...

Just wait for the CR news because if it happens this season it will have a domino effect on the entire team than we can discuss Aguero/Reus & most importantly Morata

sorry for the long post

BarcaOG

Banned

From my point of view there isn't much stars /Galactico to buy... i'm one of those who don't think Pogba is worth that money.. very good midfielder but not a 100 Mil player

We are coming to a period where the superstars are rare and you can count them on one finger so unlike the early millennium there isn't much to chose from and many of them will not improve the team fortunes .. whether it's Aguero who usually spend 2-3 month out or Reus who had a really bad season and i've seen several games especially vs Bayern where he didn't have any impact or Pogba who would bring with him excess baggage and a lot of problems through his infamous agent Mino Riaola who last i've checked is person non-grata in the Bernabeu to the extent that through a medium Pogba was informed that RM would only consider him if he ditch Mino who already destroyed two of his agents (Ibra & Super Mario ) future in bigger teams .

1- the decrease in revenue through the collective TV bargaining which means Both Barca & Real will have less income when this comes into effect in a year
2- the amount of Spanish/Home grown players required in the CL roaster as well as RM representation in the Spanish NT (matter of pride )
3- Benitez (like Capello ) prefer to have one of his own on the pitch in the team.. at least for a year..

So when you lose Iker and possibly Ramos you are left with just Carvajal and Isco
That's why De Gea is important.. for a long time the NT had there no 1 from RM and they like to keep it that way for now.. plus Iker issue is becoming a distraction between idiot's who attack him & those who support him.. yes Iker is not the same as before .. he is not the St. Iker by his own standards but he isn't as bad as we make him so the best thing is to start fresh which leaves a small amount of 15 Million Euro's which is Iker last 2 years in contract which we usually give to departing legends as a thank you gift like we did with Raul .. i think De Gea so far is certain whether United be reasonable and send him away for a fair price or hold on for a year and eventually it means Iker will stay for an extra year with Navas & De Gea comes for free next summer.. this is a done deal

Aguero : all depend on Benzema leaving or accommodating CR position which is becoming a problem , CR lost his pace due to his constant knee issues so as we saw last year he can't outrun anyone anymore.. but he is the ultimate poacher so would you sacrifice Benzema the ever giving forward and another CR close buddy who never shy of passing the goal scoring chance to CR for someone who would love to score a bundle of his own ? i doubt it
.. unless we managed to put CR where we want to which is to push him away which is planned for next summer or if more development comes in as in another anger tantrum as he is losing all his supporters (Carlo/Ramos etc and before them was Di Maria ) .. CR will be hard to replace in terms of goals but we all know he can't play with his back to the goal so he is a problem playing as a lone striker..
And what if Rafa wants a different setup? .. selling CR is what he should do it will free Bale and the club made it clear that the future lies with Bale not CR ( you can guess how pissed off he must feel even with the press suggesting that wide open... it's Bale now who Rafa will switch the team to get the best of him ) ..

Reus form makes him doubtful plus where will you put him ? even with Benzema rumored to be taking the no 10 role you have Bale as LW , James RW & Benz as AM... we all know Rafa don't switch the 4-2-3-1 formation at all

I think apart from Danilo which is done & De Gea (or we keep the same 2 excellent keepers for a year ) the rest will all rely on what will happen this summer with Cristiano in particular .. forget all the rest it's CR future that can dictate what will do in the market ..

Apart from that you have already 5 players that can easily find themselves first team players...
1- Danilo (sure )
2- denis cheryshev had a very good season with Villareal and back from loan and if Rafa will keep Jese as announced he will need a back winger for Bale/Ronaldo to stay although Denis remains the most likely departure
3- Casemiro .. i believe will be the no 1 sub for Modric/Kroos this year.. i watched him with Porto and he had a stellar season .. watch this breakthrough season for him with Real

4- Marco Asensio , we signed him after a big hunt last year and we have up to 10 teams offering to take him on loan.. the highly rated ex-Mallorca star could be a great addition to the first team . he takes home 3.9 Million a year which is not peanuts for a 19 year old so Real will sure use him

5- Odegaard... best if he is loaned out for a season and the club refused the Celtic request as they want him to be loaned in Spain (probably to our buddies in Betis )

so we can end up keeping all those including Coentrao... and Casemiro already replaced Sami & Danilo for the departing Arbeloa ...

as CR will move as a CF , Marco Asensio /Denis Cheryshev will be the sub wingers...

Just wait for the CR news because if it happens this season it will have a domino effect on the entire team than we can discuss Aguero/Reus & most importantly Morata

sorry for the long post

Great post Beast. I have a question for you. Where does CR fit in RM's pantheon of legends?

MaxY

Devil May Cry

1- Danilo (sure )

sorry for the long post

I think it's pretty clear that CR7 is staying, he broke his media silence pact to say that he's happy in RM and that he'll stay.

Home of Barca Fans