3-4-3 or 4-3-3?

• 3-4-3

Votes: 38 33.0%
  • 4-3-3

Votes: 77 67.0%

• Total voters

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I looove 3-2-3-1-1, I love 3 man backlines in general, but with quality defenders.

For Barca, against opponents that aren't total assclowns, 4-3-3 should be the first choice.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I looove 3-2-3-1-1, I love 3 man backlines in general, but with quality defenders.

For Barca, against opponents that aren't total assclowns, 4-3-3 should be the first choice.

if they play a 2 man attack, or are planning to play defensively, the 3133 could be perfect to take them down.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
if they play a 2 man attack, or are planning to play defensively, the 3133 could be perfect to take them down.

It depends what kind of defensive play though.

If it's a well thought out, aggressive kind of defending, I don't want to see a 3 man back line with DMs there.

If it's cowardly, hope to ride the storm out defending, then starting out with a blitzkrieg makes sense, yup.

I don't want to see this against Manure, that's for sure.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
It depends what kind of defensive play though.

If it's a well thought out, aggressive kind of defending, I don't want to see a 3 man back line with DMs there.

If it's cowardly, hope to ride the storm out defending, then starting out with a blitzkrieg makes sense, yup.

I don't want to see this against Manure, that's for sure.

I wouldn't play this against any team who uses width. it was a risk to deploy it against Valencia and the risk didn't pay off. and considering United use width even more than Valencia, and to greater effect, it could get ugly if we tried it against them, Real or Bayern. but against teams like Chelsea? Villarreal? Milan? Inter? even City tbh... I think it could be effective.

it could work against any kind of defensive strategy, though. even if the defending is aggressive. in fact particularly so if it's aggressive, because there's more options available for the pass, and two wide players stationed in high positions means there's always an out-ball, and defenders always have to respect the position of the wide-men or risk getting hammered.

and Mascherano really doesn't have many problems playing in the back line, you should probably come to terms with that. Busquets, I'll grant you, is an accident waiting to happen at CB against competent opponents, but Badger has shown he can hold his own.

Tomchin

I prefer the 3-4-3 (for 95% of our games), because it allows us to give all our midfield-stars enough playing-time.

Those first 30 minutes yesterday were pure sex, awesome to watch. Against Villarreal our 3-4-3 looked still quite rusty at times, but yesterday in the opening half hour the passing preciseness was so good and we found so many openings, great to watch.

It seems logical to employ a 4-3-3 against the top-sides with great wingers (like ManUtd and RM), but even in those games, I wouldn't be surprised if Pep employed a 3-4-3 as well (Pep always like to take risks after all). If the opponent doesn't get the ball, they can't harm you either?

C

chipson

let's stick to the poll, guys. 3-4-3 vs 4-3-3
well, both systems have positives and negatives. we just have seen both systems in action against valencia.
3-4-3 is more spectacular, but is more riskier, while 4-3-3 is exactly the opposite for the team.
3-4-3 needs quick defenders, greater spaces to cover, and we don't have them. at least for now.

FiReFTW

Useless poll is useless.

I don't prefer either because both of those formations would work against certain opponents.

For example if we'd play 3-4-3 against Man United we would get slaughtered.

Home of Barca Fans