14 - Javier Mascherano

F

Flavia

They might have gotten a good bid from Juve. Just makes no sense to jump the gun and offend players, while we don't know what's going on. Especially Masch, who has always been an exemplary player.

El Flaco

[tw]735473880945549313[/tw]

According to this journalist, it's not Masch that wants to leave, but the club who wants to sell him. Keep calling him a greedy prick, please :bartomeu:

Out of curiosity, what makes the journalist Vero Brunati trustworthy about his case?

Just wondering.

xXKonan

Feels like we will have to wait for Masche himself to talk about it.

if he indeed does leave, I wish him well in Juventus. Dude is a Barcelona Legend, and a true leader on the pitch for us. and it would be sad to see him leave.

khaled_a_d

Out of curiosity, what makes the journalist Vero Brunati trustworthy about his case?

Just wondering.

Was just wondering the same,there is way more reliable source that suggests otherwise.
Right now it seems that Journalists are trying to tell anything different about the situation to make headlines.

F

Flavia

Just wondering.

She works for sport. And she claims only to know Masch's side.

Was just wondering the same,there is way more reliable source that suggests otherwise.
Right now it seems that Journalists are trying to tell anything different about the situation to make headlines.

Like who? It's all speculation, at this point.

xavi_the_Boss

I´m pretty sure Lucho wouldn´t want him to leave and i don´t think the club would just decide to sell him against his wish.So this sounds like BS to me.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

She works for sport. And she claims only to know Masch's side.

Like who? It's all speculation, at this point.

See Spark quote

At that time Gerard Romero was the first who dismissed the Bartra rumors. This time Gerard, who isn't known for making things up, is the one saying that Masche wants to go. If both countries reliable journalist are saying it, then it likely came directly from Mascherano's agent. I personally don't believe the club will blockade and force a true professional and great servant like Mascherano to stay if he really wants to go. This is already the club that he spent the most time in his career so if hes after something different in Italy before he retires they will likely try to help him as long as certain conditions are met, a la Pedro.

F

Flavia

See Spark quote

Romero and Brunati are colleagues, same paper. I don't think one would be more reliable than the other. He's just more known here in bf.

There's also the possibility they're doing that on purpose, to get more hits from the confusion.

serghei

What a crazy rumor. We need to buy a top CB, not sell one!!! The season has ended, expect nothing but these kind of rumors until the Euro begins.

Selling Mascherano is idiotic.

1. You can't receive top money for him because of his age. It's not worth selling for anything under 30m. in our situation (though I wouldn't sell him at all).
2. You don't have someone to replace him. And when you sell a starter, one top player has to take his place. See Suarez in, Alexis out scheme.
3. Keeping Mascherano is very important for the locker-room. A player with his attitude on the pitch, and his experience. You don't touch that.

Alves, Mascherano, Iniesta. These seniors are not to be touched. You don't sell them except when they want to move.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Loosing Masche is going to happen sooner or later since he's getting older and wants to go back to Argentina soon.

But assuming the rumors are true, we are likely going to lose three out of our 5 CBs this window alone. It's understandable selling Squad players like Bartra, and Verm but Losing Masche as well? that will be a tough pill to swallow. considering he's our starting CB, a Leader on the pitch and in the Locker room and Lucho's possibly most trusted player in the squad, it will be incredibly tough to replace him.

It's understandable he wants to leave, and I wish him nothing but success if he does.

JamDav1982

If Masche wants to leave then have no problem letting him go as he has earned that choice.

Dont want him sold and been a huge supporter of him against a lot of shit spoken but it is likely to happen in the next couple years and as good as he was this season there will come a point when it is right to move him on.

Neeraj

One of the more bizarre transfer rumors, that's for sure! It makes so little sense, from almost any angle.

Possible this is Neymar to Man United move by his agent all over again?

Home of Barca Fans