Ireland

Kerrybai

Pfff, someone needs to piss him off again so that he can do the Irish version of the Bayern-rant :D

Do you have the most recent Irish jersey? I hate how they change the shade of green from time to time. My biggest problem with Trap is he doesn't go to see our players playing for their clubs. His is bayern rant was quite something, I wonder would he ask his translator to do the rant for him though ? Ha.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I am with my German friends but kitted out in the Ireland-jersey :p Plus, the match is in Cologne so we'll definitely go there early as it's one of our favourite cities. We'll prolly find them in the Kölner Dom, praying :D

Atmosphere at German NT matches is kinda shite, though, I am hoping for the travelling Irish to lighten up the place.

I think that Trap needs to grow a pair and drop him. It makes me sad to see him like that :(

You're Irish? :amazed:

As for the game: whatever is best for Sweden's chances :)

loozy

You're Irish? :amazed:

Nope, but I lived in Ireland for a good bit of time and got my university degree there, so I have an affiliation with their national team. More affiliation than with Germany unless Mertesacker is playing so I am rooting for Ireland on that day :D

Kerrybai

Nope, but I lived in Ireland for a good bit of time and got my university degree there, so I have an affiliation with their national team. More affiliation than with Germany unless Mertesacker is playing so I am rooting for Ireland on that day :D

:worthy:

If only our football was as good as our support :)

loozy

:worthy:

If only our football was as good as our support :)

Watched the nt a couple of times during my time in Galway, drove down to Dublin each time; brilliant, so much more lively and entertaining and honest than what German NT fans will come up with :worthy:

My mum rang me during the Ireland-Spain-match and said she finally understood why I loved going to the matches :)

loozy

I thought it was a bit ridiculous, too; especially since it was not a secret how the Irish support their team and all of a sudden everybody was like, Oh Me Gawd, lookit the Irish!!One!!Eleven!!

Kerrybai

@Irish_Cules and @Loozy - Yeah to be fair the Scots, Swedish and English travel in very large numbers to support their teams too. In fact the Scots are some of the best supporters around considering how bad they are.

Anyways for those of you the in the New England area Spain will be playing Ireland on the 11th of June at the Yankees stadium. Tickets look expensive at about 60 dollars for the lowest price. It's a good chance for any Irish doing doing J1 visa's to the area to see both teams play, or for those of you who reside in the area. Unfortunately I am in Chicago for the summer and not arriving until the 13 of June so no chance for me to see this :angry:

There is talk of a second friendly for Ireland too somewhere in the US but it may have fallen through, I'll update if I hear anything more about this.

Spain also play Northern Ireland on June 6 at the Red Bull arena in New Jersey and Haiti on June 8 in Miami.

loozy

Not a big fan of England's band but fair play to them for travelling all over the place :) I have not paid close attention to the Scots or Swedish, though they caught my eye during the Euros, especially when they played England (what a match).

I hope the match of Spain v Ireland will be streamed, I really want to watch it :D

Kerrybai

That English band you speak of is hated by 90% of their fans, they were not allowed into one of the games at Euro 2012 to the delight of the English fans.

Gotta love the Scots.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Swedish fans are usually great in tournaments but horrible at home, the Irish are always superb

Kerrybai

Swedish fans are usually great in tournaments but horrible at home, the Irish are always superb

We are the same, our national stadium holds 51,700 but is rarely full for qualifying games unless we are playing someone like Germany. Ticket prices are very high though to be fair.

For friendlies we have very bad attendances unless we are playing Poland in which case they nearly outnumber us.

loozy

For friendlies we have very bad attendances unless we are playing Poland in which case they nearly outnumber us.

I remember watching the EC-match Germany v Poland in 2008 in a bar full of Polish people, with me and my friend the only Germans and only none-Irish aside from the barkeepers. Insane :D

But it's the same when Germany play Turkey :lol:

Home of Barca Fans