Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
Canto have ye been on the drink? :lol:
Im sure everyone appreciates your words though and i tottally agree with you when you say "same time next year" :beer2:

me drinking never :D only on special occasions mate..Christmas,Hallowenn,St paddys day,Saturday nights things like that :lol:

cheers mate and cheers to quash(?) too :beer2:

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Lionel Messi's goal against Man U was, for me anyway, the defining moment of our season. It was unexpected yet brilliant, it showed everyone that FC Barcelona is the best club in the world.

I would agree that Man U were poor, apart from the first 10 minutes when we were on the ropes, but that isn't really an excuse. When a legend like Ryan Giggs plays poor and gets overawed by the opposition you know you are in trouble.

Rarely does Fergie get his tactics wrong. It happens maybe once a season. But I think he knows deep down he made a mistake. He should have played 4-4-2 like he does regularly in the Premiership and he should have started either Berbatov or Tevez up front with Rooney/Ronaldo alongside him.

All the Manchester United fans were moaning at the loss of Fletcher but I think the loss of Hargreaves was a bigger one. He wouldn't have won United the match but he is more deeplying than Giggs, Anderson and Carrick.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
Lionel Messi's goal against Man U was, for me anyway, the defining moment of our season. It was unexpected yet brilliant, it showed everyone that FC Barcelona is the best club in the world.

I would agree that Man U were poor, apart from the first 10 minutes when we were on the ropes, but that isn't really an excuse. When a legend like Ryan Giggs plays poor and gets overawed by the opposition you know you are in trouble.

Rarely does Fergie get his tactics wrong. It happens maybe once a season. But I think he knows deep down he made a mistake. He should have played 4-4-2 like he does regularly in the Premiership and he should have started either Berbatov or Tevez up front with Rooney/Ronaldo alongside him.

All the Manchester United fans were moaning at the loss of Fletcher but I think the loss of Hargreaves was a bigger one. He wouldn't have won United the match but he is more deeplying than Giggs, Anderson and Carrick.

Mate your 12 aren't yeah? :blush:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
yeah, let's get us start sounding like manchester fans.

the liga and champions will do just fine next season as a challenge, no need for martians.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
+1. It's a slippery slope :tongue:
Plus, we also have some "Galacticos" back here to deal with now.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
No need for martians, I'd much rather beat the South American side we face in the WCC final in Abu Dhabi and then beat the rest of Europe again to become the first side to retain the CL.

Home of Barca Fans