Rafael Márquez

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Just now came to know that Marquez isn't in the squad that went to Seville... Does that mean he's being shipped out this month!? To Genoa?

Aasim

Bumbleman
Fiorentina were interested aswell. It's going to be weird seeing Rafa play for someone else, a bit like Eto'o and Ronnie.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Genoa just bought Dario Dainelli from Fiorentina yesterday, they aren't going to buy two 30+ defenders in the winter transfer window. Fiorentina's offer was rejected this summer, they are currently making their defense younger, not older anyway.

Marquez is not in the squad because he's a liability and Barca is fighting a losing battle, he's not linked with any team right now because nobody wants a defender who might be finished in the January transfer window.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
MLS? Him and Henry would be like gods playing for New York Red Bulls.

Rafa would instantly be the best DM in MLS and I'd like to see him in New York but I don't see the captain of Mexico playing in MLS. He will possibly return to Mexico after this season though.

B

barcelonita81

Yeah scary for sure, good thing the ball was in our side in 2nd only 5 mintues = 4 opportunities = 1 Marquez major fk up every 1.25 minutes the ball is deep in our 30. Hope Puyol is ok :wacko:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
What did he do wrong today?
I think about everything? Failed passes, being passed like a dummy, letting the ball roll out but get caught AGAIN, ........

Edit: this was up to when I posted. I remember he was going for goal on corners etc and stopped a ball that wa shot against him. So after my post, I can take the he wasn't worse thing. But up to the post, I still stand with that remark.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans