CL | Round of 16: PSG - FC Barcelona (5-2 agg)

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I hope you are joking.:lol:
When they lost against Milan 2:0, Juve 3:0 or PSG 4:0 i still had a feeling that there may be a small chance to turn it around because the team used to peform in the league and Cup.
In two of those cases they did turn it around.
But this tie feels as done like after the 4:0 against Bayern in the Allianz. There was absolutely no hope, and they lost again 0:3 at home. Add comebacks of Neymar and Di Maria to the mix and we can be happy to not lose by 5+ to 0.
Because of recent history they will burn to destroy us, no tactic play and resting like we did in 2015 against Bayern when the tie was basically over and we lost 3:2 with MSN.

I remember when people believed to come back at camp nou as we have beaten AC Milan 4-0 after a defeat in first leg. Messi was on the bench and the plan was to bring him for the second half if we lead 1-0 or 2-0 after the first half hahahaha wow this was 8 years ago how fast time flies.

Daniele

I hope you are joking.:lol:
When they lost against Milan 2:0, Juve 3:0 or PSG 4:0 i still had a feeling that there may be a small chance to turn it around because the team used to peform in the league and Cup.
In two of those cases they did turn it around.
But this tie feels as done like after the 4:0 against Bayern in the Allianz. There was absolutely no hope, and they lost again 0:3 at home. Add comebacks of Neymar and Di Maria to the mix and we can be happy to not lose by 5+ to 0.
Because of recent history they will burn to destroy us, no tactic play and resting like we did in 2015 against Bayern when the tie was basically over and we lost 3:2 with MSN.

You see mate,
being rational, even a draw would be surprising, given yesterday's game.
But the cheering must be irrational,
otherwise there is nothing left but the obviousness of the victories or the disappointment of the unexpected defeat.
And it's not funny.

JerseyAddict

Today I was thinkin almost whole day... What to say... There idnothing to be said. We all knew it will end this way. We were just irrational and hoped for something guided by our love for tjis club. But this, when the line is drawn, this is the reality. Nothin more nothin less

Newcomer

Have to say that both PSG and Bar?a surpassed my expectations.

PSG a team turned inside out, week-in week out-in in every second half of L1 games by any opposition managed to dominate the whole game. Usually they have a big dip in fitness in second half and disappear and hold on for dear life to get a result.

I guess that says a lot on both PSG and Bar?a. PSG did a way better game than usual and Bar?a was worse than L1 opposition. Mbapp? reached WC Argentina game level yesterday. We all know it was possible due to Argentina lack of basic defence ability and Mbapp? can thrive in those games. Well done by him to capitalize on that and show up when PSG really needed him.

I won't celebrate yet as PSG has some bad tendencies on return leg but that was a nice and welcomed gift to their fans. Chaotic season with us almost out of CL and some minutes later gunning for first place. Or last week when we were very very close to lose to Nice and be in big danger in the league to then unexpectedly win and see our rivals not win their supposedly easy games.

Hope Verratti nor Paredes will get a yellow card on the return.

Newcomer

Fuck was Khabib doing at the Camp Nou?! Massive Madridista who was in our stadium cheering for PSG tonight. Embarrassing.

He has also been in CL games of PSG in the Parc des Princes before. Close to Djamel Bourras, a former olympic judoka, who is a friend of Nasser and heads the PSG judo section (Teddy Riner is one of the athletes). He has already done some training or sparring in the judo facilities.

Rassvet

Given how easily we are humiliated in the CL, Im surprised we havent been destroyed in a Clasico even once in the last 10-15 years. Since 2008, we havent had a loss by more than two goals to RM if my memory is correct.

JohnN

Given how easily we are humiliated in the CL, Im surprised we havent been destroyed in a Clasico even once in the last 10-15 years. Since 2008, we havent had a loss by more than two goals to RM if my memory is correct.

Wait for it.

You see mate,
being rational, even a draw would be surprising, given yesterday's game.
But the cheering must be irrational,
otherwise there is nothing left but the obviousness of the victories or the disappointment of the unexpected defeat.
And it's not funny.

I hear you. Hell, I was one of the guys who thought we could beat PSG when everything aligns. I had hope for this game and the players to finally step up after years of CL disasters and i'm usually one of the more pessimistic fans.
But then came another reality check and i can't hope anymore for the return leg. It's fucking exhausting to get disappointed like this everytime, so i of course will stay a fan and watch everything, i could never not watch their games because it's such a constant in my life since 12 years. But until there will be something spectacular again (maybe a comeback against Sevilla?) i will remain more sober about Barca like most times under Valverde. This is the reality of most fans that support a club with big ambitions but have a really bad phase: you critizise, you are frustrated, you yell at the TV etc... but you will follow the club, no matter what even when you think a tie is done and dusted, you want to see that the players care at least, you lower and higher your standards all the time. But these are things that show that you care and when something spectacular happens again, it's more appreciated than when they win everything, because it's then seen as a standard. I don't get people who attack other fans because they critize players and other things, where's the joy when you just blindly worship the club, be it a treble season or a season like this? Calling other fans out for beeing no real fans because they say something in rage about players, trainers, etc. Every sort of emotions isimportant for a fan, without big losses there would be no joy in big wins, without bad phases there would be no joy in great phases. Without disappointment that happened before there would never be a suprise victory that feels great.

Daniele

I hear you. Hell, I was one of the guys who thought we could beat PSG when everything aligns. I had hope for this game and the players to finally step up after years of CL disasters and i'm usually one of the more pessimistic fans.
But then came another reality check and i can't hope anymore for the return leg. It's fucking exhausting to get disappointed like this everytime, so i of course will stay a fan and watch everything, i could never not watch their games because it's such a constant in my life since 12 years. But until there will be something spectacular again (maybe a comeback against Sevilla?) i will remain more sober about Barca like most times under Valverde. This is the reality of most fans that support a club with big ambitions but have a really bad phase: you critizise, you are frustrated, you yell at the TV etc... but you will follow the club, no matter what even when you think a tie is done and dusted, you want to see that the players care at least, you lower and higher your standards all the time. But these are things that show that you care and when something spectacular happens again, it's more appreciated than when they win everything, because it's then seen as a standard. I don't get people who attack other fans because they critize players and other things, where's the joy when you just blindly worship the club, be it a treble season or a season like this? Calling other fans out for beeing no real fans because they say something in rage about players, trainers, etc. Every sort of emotions isimportant for a fan, without big losses there would be no joy in big wins, without bad phases there would be no joy in great phases. Without disappointment that happened before there would never be a suprise victory that feels great.

yours are shareable words.

It is also right to criticize and get angry with the players, it is part of the emotions one feels, you are right.

However, I contest those who come out only to criticize in bad moments, with conspiracy theory against this or that player

JohnN

The return leg could be even worse. Brace yourselves, I said before this game too, once again.

Porque

A point to note for this game.

PSG average KM covered in the CL this season - 104km

Barcelona average KM - 108.

This fixture.
PSG - 103km
Barcelona - 102km.

Huge physical drop off from our team. Handed the game to PSG who merely at there average and looked like they were beasts compared to us on matchday.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

A point to note for this game.

PSG average KM covered in the CL this season - 104km

Barcelona average KM - 108.

This fixture.
PSG - 103km
Barcelona - 102km.

Huge physical drop off from our team. Handed the game to PSG who merely at there average and looked like they were beasts compared to us on matchday.

Thats strange, normally we reach our peak of the season during first knockout round.

Antimadridista1

Sad times at the club. Everything shows us how it is possible to reach the top (2009-12 & 15) and be on the low in such a short time.

Just like the one's who went through the tough times under Gaspart and were able to enjoy Pep and Leo's era, the newcomers will get to enjoy the next moments of glory after tasting how our club went underground over the past few years.

New president, new project, fresh blood and fresh ideas with fans going back to stadiums will help everything get better.

Home of Barca Fans