Luis Enrique

Xaviniesta

yeah, no.

that was a good bayern side. quit trying to tarnish our one good season in like 8 years

beta meme fan

they were the worst bayern side in 10 years. they only won the bundesliga that season, with the lowest points tally in 10 years.

they had no wingers against us and posed zero threats and yet we needed a messi moment of magic to bail us out against a back 4 of bernat boateng benatia rafinha

BarcaOG

Banned
they were the worst bayern side in 10 years. they only won the bundesliga that season, with the lowest points tally in 10 years.

they had no wingers against us and posed zero threats and yet we needed a messi moment of magic to bail us out against a back 4 of bernat boateng benatia rafinha

uh...

2015 was pep's bayern and that bayern side won the bundesliga in record time; they were champions in like march or something. that was not a pushover. of course it wasnt as strong as 2013 or 2020 but it wasnt like bayern of 2009 that we demolished. the overall score was 5-3 afterall; hardly a blowout.

Xaviniesta

uh...

2015 was pep's bayern and that bayern side won the bundesliga in record time; they were champions in like march or something. that was not a pushover. of course it wasnt as strong as 2013 or 2020 but it wasnt like bayern of 2009 that we demolished. the overall score was 5-3 afterall; hardly a blowout.

that bayern team who won the league in march won it in 2013/14 but got demolished 5-0 agg by madrid months later

2014/15 is still worst bayern side in 10 years. way worse than kovac's bayern. only 1 trophy and lowest pts tally in 10 years. and they faced us riddled with injuries and we still needed prime messi to bail us out with 10 mins to go.

BarcaOG

Banned
that bayern team who won the league in march won it in 2013/14 but got demolished 5-0 agg by madrid months later

2014/15 is still worst bayern side in 10 years. way worse than kovac's bayern. only 1 trophy and lowest pts tally in 10 years. and they faced us riddled with injuries and we still needed prime messi to bail us out with 10 mins to go.

worse than kovacs and ancelotti's bayern :lol:

why dont you go cheer for real or something? beta fan

Rassvet

Xaviniesta has a point. That Bayern team was average when we played them. They had Bernat and Rafinha as fullbacks with a geriatric midfield 4 of Alonso, Lahm, Thiago, and washed up Schweinsteiger with no wingers. If we had come up against Pep's Bayern at their best...it wouldnt surprise me if we got cucked again.

i_bleed_blaugrana

IIRC, Bayern were severely handicapped by injuries, especially in the first leg. Neither Robben nor Ribery were fit so that is why Pep tried 3 at the back and then switched to a narrow diamond, he did not have a lot of options otherwise.

But still, that was not a weak Bayern by any stretch of the imagination. The Germans were coming off of just winning a World Cup and that Bayern hosted key players for that German NT. It is silly to diminish 2015 as flukey. We beat the champions of every major domestic league in Europe that season.

Honestly, PSG made me appreciate what Lucho was able to do here even more. Also just how important Mascherano was to our defense too.

Xaviniesta

IIRC, Bayern were severely handicapped by injuries, especially in the first leg. Neither Robben nor Ribery were fit so that is why Pep tried 3 at the back and then switched to a narrow diamond, he did not have a lot of options otherwise.

But still, that was not a weak Bayern by any stretch of the imagination. The Germans were coming off of just winning a World Cup and that Bayern hosted key players for that German NT. It is silly to diminish 2015 as flukey. We beat the champions of every major domestic league in Europe that season.

Honestly, PSG made me appreciate what Lucho was able to do here even more. Also just how important Mascherano was to our defense too.

i am not diminishing it. i am just giving perspective as to why lucho won 3-0 in the midst of 7-0 and 8-2. it wasn't because of his tactical prowess, that's for sure

i_bleed_blaugrana

i am not diminishing it. i am just giving perspective as to why lucho won 3-0 in the midst of 7-0 and 8-2. it wasn't because of his tactical prowess, that's for sure

To be perfectly honest, I do not think Bayern right now are all that great and they look good because they have been the most stable recently while most of the other big clubs are weaker. There really are not a lot of truly complete teams in Europe right now. The fact that we beat Bayern then is testament to how good that team actually was and your tone in a few of these posts seem to suggest that the ONLY reason we won was Pep making Bayern into the weakest in the last ten years according to you when I actually think they were at least equal in terms of quality to Bayern right now.

Sure, Lucho was not as innovative or savvy as Pep, he certainly had his flaws in his system and his lineup selection (he threw the Juve tie playing Mathieu) could be iffy at times.

But what you have to give him credit for is improving our defense, making MSN work and demanding the work ethic required to win. If that is something anyone can do then surely we would not be in this situation.

Joan

Busquets, Rakitic and old Iniesta (all fine players, btw) did well enough under Valverde next season.

Enrique is a good coach, no doubt. Just not the one to handle the mess.

Home of Barca Fans