CL | Round of 16: PSG - FC Barcelona (5-2 agg)

Kubala

Ahh, the annual CL humiliation is here again! Surely no one is surprised? Lots of issues, too many to list, but one obvious point is the poor pressing. We need to decide if we are a pressing team, in which case we need to select players that can and will press and work hard or stop trying to press high, drop deeper and be more compact defensively and let Messi, Griezmann & Co try to win the game. At the moment we are caught between two stools.
Oh, and Dembele...
Watching him and Mbappe last night it occurred to me that they are almost the same age and cost almost the same to buy :lol:

slicknick

Oh, and Dembele...
Watching him and Mbappe last night it occurred to me that they are almost the same age and cost almost the same to buy :lol:

I remember being upset the day we signed Dembouz, and passed up on the opportunity to sign Mbappe instead of him.
I recall some members of the forum having told me that Ousmane is more suited to playing our style (which I disagreed anyway), guess they are also regretting Barto & co's decision back then, albeit in hindsight

Last edited:

Skalman

Really disappointing loss, this hurt more than the fact that we cant win La Liga, In La Liga it was kind of expected we could not compete for a whole season with this team in the middle of a rebuild, but the expectations for Champions league where that we could surprise in few even games but we where completely outplayed and the players that should step up didn't (once again). Messi, Ter Stegen, Dembele I'm looking at you

Devils

Can we stop for a minute and give psg their due praise.. That was some champagne football they played honestly.. I know we got trashed repeatedly but mostly by ruthless efficient teams.. But psg took the barca model and ran with it.. They not only win, they entertain.. Some attacks yesterday were pure money

We make most top teams look like they play champagne football.

Not just top teams, but the likes of Athletic Bilbao too.

FC B

Him wanting to keep Messi shouldn?t surprise anyone. What we should be worried about is him saying that Pique is the best CB in the world just a couple of days ago. That tells a lot. Don?t even want to hear what he thinks about Busi.

Imo it would be a disaster losing Messi but keeping Busquets, Pique, Alba...

wisconsincule

We make most top teams look like they play champagne football.

Not just top teams, but the likes of Athletic Bilbao too.

Exactly. Watching the Sevilla match last week should have opened people’s eyes to what was going to happen. If turtle Rakitic was able to sprint away from this defense it was obvious what Mbappe would do.

4 to 0 or 5 to 1 for us in Paris!

Come on with the comeback !!!!

I hope you are joking.:lol:
When they lost against Milan 2:0, Juve 3:0 or PSG 4:0 i still had a feeling that there may be a small chance to turn it around because the team used to peform in the league and Cup.
In two of those cases they did turn it around.
But this tie feels as done like after the 4:0 against Bayern in the Allianz. There was absolutely no hope, and they lost again 0:3 at home. Add comebacks of Neymar and Di Maria to the mix and we can be happy to not lose by 5+ to 0.
Because of recent history they will burn to destroy us, no tactic play and resting like we did in 2015 against Bayern when the tie was basically over and we lost 3:2 with MSN.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans