Victor Font

fergus90

Sporting-wise, he is just Xavi though. What if Xavi doesn't work out?

I'm pretty sure he's also including Jordi Cruyff and Carles Puyol. On the one hand, you can admire his determination that he's certain of his sporting structure and has a solid plan A. On the other, you could criticize his apparent lack of flexibility in case plan A is a dud.

Xavi is an unknown commodity in European management of course. He might well flop like many seem to think or almost hope he does. Or he could be a success only time can answer that. I do not like the fact he publicly criticized the Griezmann signing, it doesn't reflect well on Font nor help Griezmann try to discover form going forward.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm pretty sure he's also including Jordi Cruyff and Carles Puyol. On the one hand, you can admire his determination that he's certain of his sporting structure and has a solid plan A. On the other, you could criticize his apparent lack of flexibility in case plan A is a dud.

Xavi is an unknown commodity in European management of course. He might well flop like many seem to think or almost hope he does. Or he could be a success only time can answer that. I do not like the fact he publicly criticized the Griezmann signing, it doesn't reflect well on Font nor help Griezmann try to discover form going forward.

Jordi Cruyff is a meh manager at best, he hasn't demonstrated much with any of the clubs he managed. Puyol (he hasn't openly said he would be on board with Font or any presidential candidate, has he?) is a question mark as nobody knows what his role and capacity will be, despite his huge popularity and great personality.

My problem with Font is two-pronged: Sporting-wise he is too fixated on Xavi (based on what has done with Al Sadd it appears tactically he is like Pep with focus on possession and attack but even shakier on defense) and lacks flexibility and a vision beyond Xavi; finance-wise he made some outlandish promises that look out of touch and without details on how to materialize/realize them.

Let's hope he has a real plan beyond all the campaign hooplas.

mc_lovin

He doesnt need to be flexible or have a plan B at this point. He has a vision (Xavi+Cruyff), if that fails he needs to adapt. Calling him inflexible is kind of weird. Better than Laporta whos flexible because he got no plan at all? :S

Edit: Neither does Jordi Cruyff see himself as a coach (thank god).

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He doesnt need to be flexible or have a plan B at this point. He has a vision (Xavi+Cruyff), if that fails he needs to adapt. Calling him inflexible is kind of weird. Better than Laporta whos flexible because he got no plan at all? :S

Edit: Neither does Jordi Cruyff see himself as a coach (thank god).

I have issues with Laporta as well. Is he even a candidate at this point? Does anybody know?

i_bleed_blaugrana

Zsi5HHZ.png

Legendary post.

vegitot

If Laporta wins, will Xavi coach Barca or continue coach in Quatar? If he doesnt, hope he move to Europe to coach other clubs. Much better for his coaching career (less money though).

behindbrowneyes

I think it's almost certain Font will win.

Although Font is the dominating figure in (social) media, he is not that known in Catalonia. Don't underestimate this when it comes to Socios.

Laporta is much more known and the one who brought Pep, had the most successful presidency when it comes to titles, ... Don't let yourself distract from his weak candidacy in 2015. Rosell/Bartomeu won the triplete before that and it was almost impossible to win against them. This time, it is different and I'm sure he'll have some aces up his sleeves.

serghei

Although Font is the dominating figure in (social) media, he is not that known in Catalonia. Don't underestimate this when it comes to Socios.

Laporta is much more known and the one who brought Pep, had the most successful presidency when it comes to titles, ... Don't let yourself distract from his weak candidacy in 2015. Rosell/Bartomeu won the triplete before that and it was almost impossible to win against them. This time, it is different and I'm sure he'll have some aces up his sleeves.

So you're betting Laporta will win based on nostalgia with the old socios even if his campaign is crap?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So you're betting Laporta will win based on nostalgia with the old socios even if his campaign is crap?

Pretty much. He hasn't really campaigned because he hasn't officially announced his candidacy yet but no doubt he will be the favorite among those older socis who tend to go to the General Assembly and vote.

Home of Barca Fans