1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sell Messi to City for 40M
Ter Stegen to Bayern for 80M
Coutinho to Inter for 40M
Griezman to PSG for 50M

Buy a starting Striker and a Winger that have good chemistry with each other and the club and a starter CB; also get a sub LB and CDM and use our B goalkeeper as a second keeper

None of those will work, Messi will walk for free and Bayern has got Nuebel lined up, why would they spend 80m on Ter Stegen who doesn't get along with Neuer? PSG doesn't need Griezmann either.

kattanib

On Football Manager perhaps.

It has been a while, last one I played was 2013 I believe. I used to play that game when Robinho was still in his brazillian club as a youngster, him and Cavanage were the next big thing. Both turned out to be flops

Last edited:

sikkboy

None of those will work, Messi will walk for free and Bayern has got Nuebel lined up, why would they spend 80m on Ter Stegen who doesn't get along with Neuer? PSG doesn't need Griezmann either.

Noone needs Griezmann!

Anyway, thought ter Steen a bit unlucky really, as I don't think Carrasco meant that delicate touch to 'meg the keeper. He's the least of Barca's worries.

Rory

Hyperbole. You think he was the biggest culprit for the three years in a row CL humiliation?

We have got far bigger problems elsewhere.

Are you intentionally ignoring half of what I say? "there's no one in the squad who is currently top 10 in their position except alba because of terrible LB's in the world".

Clearly I'm stating that there are huge problems throughout the squad.

To answer your question no he's not the biggest reason for the UCL exits. He did absolutely nothing to help though and was just downright bad against Roma, Liverpool and Bayern. He's a goalkeeper that gets the opportunity to play these big important games year after year and year after year he falls short. It's not ridiculous to say in big important games he would rank below the top 40.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Are you intentionally ignoring half of what I say? "there's no one in the squad who is currently top 10 in their position except alba because of terrible LB's in the world".

Clearly I'm stating that there are huge problems throughout the squad.

To answer your question no he's not the biggest reason for the UCL exits. He did absolutely nothing to help though and was just downright bad against Roma, Liverpool and Bayern. He's a goalkeeper that gets the opportunity to play these big important games year after year and year after year he falls short. It's not ridiculous to say in big important games he would rank below the top 40.

Hyperbole again.

if you think you can take him out and our defense and goalkeeping in particular will be magically better then be my guest and petition to the club to sell him.

Rory

Hyperbole again.

if you think you can take him out and our defense and goalkeeping in particular will be magically better then be my guest and petition to the club to sell him.

Not reading again.

Is that what I said though, that our defence and goalkeeping will be magically better? I said it wouldn't be any worse.

kattanib

Coutinho can reunite with his old team

PSG can sell Griezman shirt and do a bit of propaganda and serve the French national team

Same for Bayern, they can work on building the next generation German national team with Stegen as the main GK if Nuer is retiring anytime soon. Else Stegen finds another club, maybe Chelsea as they lack a good GK

City, it is basically Pep supporting Barca with some cash plus using the time to develop a system with Messi by the end of this season so that they are ready for next season .. and the sales of Messi jerseys in the first few weeks should cover the cost

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not reading again.

Is that what I said though, that our defence and goalkeeping will be magically better? I said it wouldn't be any worse.

I beg to differ. Yes it would get worse, unless if you are telling me that we can realistically get our hands on a better keeper. Who?

Agree to disagree then.

Rory

I beg to differ. Yes it would get worse, unless if you are telling me that we can realistically get our hands on a better keeper. Who?

Agree to disagree then.

I don't know who we can sign because I'm out of the loop with respect to goalkeepers but I'm guessing there's at least a couple of possible targets that we could sign to do a good enough job who would be a low transfer fee and wages whilst collecting a somewhat decent sum for Ter Stegen.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Coutinho can reunite with his old team

PSG can sell Griezman shirt and do a bit of propaganda and serve the French national team

Same for Bayern, they can work on building the next generation German national team with Stegen as the main GK if Nuer is retiring anytime soon. Else Stegen finds another club, maybe Chelsea as they lack a good GK

City, it is basically Pep supporting Barca with some cash plus using the time to develop a system with Messi by the end of this season so that they are ready for next season .. and the sales of Messi jerseys in the first few weeks should cover the cost

I don't think Inter or anybody wants Coutinho at this point, certainly not for 40m. In the immediate post-COVID days, unless if you are a teenager future superstar, not many players will go beyond 50m, let alone a 28-year-old flop like him.

PSG doesn't need money to the point of buying useless players just to sell jerseys, and PSG isn't trying to build FC France like Bayern did with FC Germany years ago.

Bayern absolutely has no reason to buy Ter Stegen for any amount of money, let alone 80m. Again, they have the next generation of German keeper Nuebel lined up to take over once Neuer is gone.

City is not a satellite club of ours and they have no interest in paying anything for Messi in January when they could get him for free next July.

kattanib

Agree to disagree then.
We dont need to sign, just use our current sub and maybe get one of the old ones for free or cheap like Diego Lopez and co.

Home of Barca Fans