Arthur

FinBarcelonafan

I don't think he fails with Barca if he was committed. Good player but didn't have the determination. When he was on top of his game he looked great. For example Tottenham away. No fear and great possession .

He would have helped Liverpool away too, but.. Sadly he didn't work hard enough or was always injured.

serghei

He would have helped Liverpool away too, but. Sadly he didn't work hard enough or was always injured.

That was a major Valverde error. Liverpool away match was tailor made for him, because space presented itself to us, due to Liverpool needing 4 goals and pressing us deep. We just badly needed a player who was calm on the ball to turn around and multiple passes were easily at hand up front. But we didn't have anyone calm enough to resist that first wave of press. We'd have played the CL final had he played instead of Rakitic (who was a turnover machine).

serghei

I still maintain that injured Arthur would have been far useful than either Vidal or Rakitic vs Liverpool.

Vidal as far as I remember played well. I remember I thought he was the only one that responded to fire with fire. The major weakness was on Rakitic - Alba link. That side is the one that was destroyed by Liverpool. Both of the panicked like crazy in that match. 3 of the 4 goals came form that side.

Vilarrubi

That was a major Valverde error. Liverpool away match was tailor made for him, because space presented itself to us, due to Liverpool needing 4 goals and pressing us deep. We just badly needed a player who was calm on the ball to turn around and multiple passes were easily at hand up front. But we didn't have anyone calm enough to resist that first wave of press. We'd have played the CL final had he played instead of Rakitic (who was a turnover machine).

We’d have steamrolled Spurs too in the final. Absolutely zero chance we’d have lost that and with that momentum would have won Copa too vs Valencia. One of the dumbest decisions ever keeping the team the same vs Liverpool when it clearly didn’t perform as well as the 3-0 suggested and with Anfield pressure it was obvious someone like Arthur was needed over Raki.

Messigician

We?d have steamrolled Spurs too in the final. Absolutely zero chance we?d have lost that and with that momentum would have won Copa too vs Valencia. One of the dumbest decisions ever keeping the team the same vs Liverpool when it clearly didn?t perform as well as the 3-0 suggested and with Anfield pressure it was obvious someone like Arthur was needed over Raki.

Not really, we won 3-0 against them with Salah and Firmino with them out all we needed was 1 away goal.

Makes sense to field an unchanged starting lineup. The 1st half we had many chances to score.

It is not Valverde's fault Alba had a mental breakdown at half time he literally told the players to get a goal, s plpg empty space and we are through to the final.

Vilarrubi

Not really, we won 3-0 against them with Salah and Firmino with them out all we needed was 1 away goal.

Makes sense to field an unchanged starting lineup. The 1st half we had many chances to score.

It is not Valverde's fault Alba had a mental breakdown at half time he literally told the players to get a goal, s plpg empty space and we are through to the final.

3-0 was generous, doesn’t matter who was playing.

I said Raki, him and Alba were main culprits for collapse down that side and their mistakes were the reason for some of goals. Was obvious to anyone with a brain cell that Raki (one of the worst press resistant players) shouldn’t play against Liverpool at Anfield (arguably the best pressing team) and not play Arthur (great at resisting press) Unfortunately for you it was your boy Valverde who made that decision so yes it was his fault. Accept it and move on.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Getting 4 goals in Anfield is not the problem but how on earth we couldnt score atleast one goal ? Before the match I already know we will lose it but I thought it will be a 2-3 or a 3-4 loss.

Home of Barca Fans