Ronald Koeman

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
We seem to be cursed with mid-table managers these days. What is even his plan with Messi? CM, even CDM at times, how is he going to get any chances to finish from there?

Richard.H

He should just go for the "hunger/team spirit" angle and play players that actually want to win. Play all the youngsters with Messi and Coutinho starting. Develop them so next season or in two seasons Xavi has an easier time. At least the matches will be entertaining and our team will look like they are trying hard. Right now you can see players like Griez, Dembele, Lenglet, and maybe even Roberto don't give a crap about the shirt.

We won't be winning La Liga and even CDR with eunuchs like Griezmann starting.

serghei

We seem to be cursed with mid-table managers these days. What is even his plan with Messi? CM, even CDM at times, how is he going to get any chances to finish from there?

His plan is the obvious "free role".

He should just go for the "hunger/team spirit" angle and play players that actually want to win. Play all the youngsters with Messi and Coutinho starting. Develop them so next season or in two seasons Xavi has an easier time. At least the matches will be entertaining and our team will look like they are trying hard. Right now you can see players like Griez, Dembele, Lenglet, and maybe even Roberto don't give a crap about the shirt.

Problem is you need more. It's not enough to have balls and authority. You also need to be a top manager in terms of tactics and vision. He's dubious in that regard.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
We created little but we deserved a draw. Anyways, with how poor Madrid are, it is almost a given we will be in the race at least until March, so he is lasting the whole season. Just hope he develops youth.

George_Costanza

Koeman: "Griezmann? I've said many times that we have a lot of quality up front and the players can play in more than one position. Today we put Griezmann at 9, it's important to be able to make those changes."

xXKonan

Feels like when his Plan A isn't doing well he ends up fucking it up in the second half.

First half wasn't great but it was a lot better than that shitshow of a second half.

Laplacian

We're not "cursed" with mid-table managers, there are quality managers who would kill to work at Barcelona. (cough, Pochettino). It's just that currently, for the last 10 years, we've had a weird policy of only hiring managers with so called "Barcelona" connection rather than actual qualified coaches.

FinBarcelonafan

We're not "cursed" with mid-table managers, there are quality managers who would kill to work at Barcelona. (cough, Pochettino). It's just that currently, for the last 10 years, we've had a weird policy of only hiring managers with so called "Barcelona" connection rather than actual qualified coaches.

Yes, sometimes Barca culture annoys me. We hire the guy with shit coaching history over a guy who has actually done something as a coach, just because Barca connection. That's just stupid.

serghei

Yes, sometimes Barca culture annoys me. We hire the guy with shit coaching history over a guy who has actually done something as a coach, just because Barca connection. That's just stupid.

Yea, it's a tough one. Because, personally, I've only become a fan for that culture. Not for anything else. When I was a teenager, it just seemed to me that this club had a different style of playing compared with the other teams.

I think the time to hire a big name was when we got Valverde. Now I'd be more inclined to go with a clean slate and Xavi. And if he fails, then go outside the club with something else.

Richard.H

Barca culture will continue after Bartomeu too. Next in line after Koeman is Xavi.

Laplacian

How can you even consider Xavi? Dude's in Saudi Arabia, where the level of football is years below European football. Aren't you guys sick of this shit? Years after years afyter years of mediocre coaches and you still want Xavi. We can hire Xavi after he does a good job at a decently sized European club. Until then, let's hire managers with actual experience and success at the top level . Poach Nagelsmann, get Poch, fuck anything but mediocre coaches. I'm tired of this shit.

Givenchy

How can you even consider Xavi? Dude's in Saudi Arabia, where the level of football is years below European football. Aren't you guys sick of this shit? Years after years afyter years of mediocre coaches and you still want Xavi. We can hire Xavi after he does a good job at a decently sized European club. Until then, let's hire managers with actual experience and success at the top level . Poach Nagelsmann, get Poch, fuck anything but mediocre coaches. I'm tired of this shit.

no Barca DNA sorry

same bullshit policy we have with players. we'll end up appointing Xavi and resort to useless backwards and sideways passing, wasting another 2-3 years and then maybe the next board will actually understand we must look and think outside the box

I think it was BBZ who said it but Barca dna, inability to evolve and clinging onto the Pep days has set us back so much, we are miles behind teams like Bayern its scary

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Barca DNA y nada mas. Make sure you season your food with Camp Nou grass that you can buy in the Barca store , so that you can become a real Barca fan with Barca DNA.

I started seasoning my food with Camp Nou grass these past 4 months and I kid you not I can speak the Catalan language fluently now.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans