Manchester City

akaranzo

Saw the thread only now :lol: Posted a new thread without knowing this is on.Anyway,my opinion about them and their intention on landing Messi: Anyway,what an ugly,abomination shithole of a club.I don't think anyone knew about them until 10-12 years ago,i mean the other petro dollars clubs where at least known in Europe(PSG,Chelsea),but Citeh...well,i don't think so.Anyway,Pep has really sunk in my eyes after accepting the job from City.And Messi will sink even further after all his shenaningans with the transfer request and not showing up for training and joining this truly plastic club.Let's hope they'll fail miserably,Messi or not.Still searching for that Champions League it seems...hope they'll search forever.

Such a dumb opinion lol. Firstly Man City has been around for ages, they have a lot of older fans from the time when they weren't a rich club yet. But that doesn't even matter in the first place, who cares about the ''history'' of a club? That's such stupid elitism. ''DUUH WE HAVE HISTORY AND YOU DON'T!'' who gives a fuck, it's what's happening now that matters. Secondly, it's absurd to blame people accepting work from a club like City. You completely lack empathy if you are unable to see it from their perspective and you know you would accept an offer from City in millisecond if you actually were a professional footballer/manager. And thirdly, Messi is not the person responsible for this mess that's happening. It's all on Bartomeu and his incompetent ass board who fucked up their contract with Messi and are now desperately dragging this out to try and force Messi to stay. If it was up to Messi, he would be gone already and there would be none of this drama.

BarcaOG

Banned
Such a dumb opinion lol. Firstly Man City has been around for ages, they have a lot of older fans from the time when they weren't a rich club yet. But that doesn't even matter in the first place, who cares about the ''history'' of a club? That's such stupid elitism. ''DUUH WE HAVE HISTORY AND YOU DON'T!'' who gives a fuck, it's what's happening now that matters. Secondly, it's absurd to blame people accepting work from a club like City. You completely lack empathy if you are unable to see it from their perspective and you know you would accept an offer from City in millisecond if you actually were a professional footballer/manager. And thirdly, Messi is not the person responsible for this mess that's happening. It's all on Bartomeu and his incompetent ass board who fucked up their contract with Messi and are now desperately dragging this out to try and force Messi to stay. If it was up to Messi, he would be gone already and there would be none of this drama.

100%, lol what a dumb post

El Gato

Villarato!
History has always been created on the back of unequal opportunity of receiving investment. People who talk about 'proper clubs' and have an absolute unforgiving hate towards clubs backed by oil magnates or other rich owners are fools.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
History has always been created on the back of unequal opportunity of receiving investment. People who talk about 'proper clubs' and have an absolute unforgiving hate towards clubs backed by oil magnates or other rich owners are fools.

Spot on. During the week of the CL final r/soccer became a political shithole where suddenly morality was the most important thing , because PSG reached the final . And I saw a similar post to what you posted just now , just more expanded ( obviously I had to sort on controversial to find that)

messi2140

6racies Xavi
One more thing I would like to add as a good example is the WC in Qatar. Most articles and forums will shit on Qatar for exploiting slavery (rightfully) but amazingly fail to mention the massive amount of foreign contractors that are pretty much part of it aswell. Some european countries are in there profiting from it , shocking I know. Just go look at how many construction companies that are actually from Qatar , barely any. One of the construction company that is in Qatar is a Spanish one , the same one that's building the new Bernabeu.

It is what it is.

SmilerBam

Of course it's not his main fault,didn't said that.I said if i was Messi,i wouldn't accept offers from them.There are much bigger clubs with bigger fanbases.If i wouldn t wanted to stay in Barcelona,i would move to a club at least as big as Barcelona.No one in their right mind will say for example that City is bigger than United.I understand that they are top dogs now,and i know very well they have history,every club in England has history,knowing that football was invented there.But until the takeover they were like Norwich.Let's be serious.This is my opinion.

SmilerBam

So if my opinion is that City is not as a big club than let's say,Arsenal,that means i am a fool?It is called oppinion,and maybe you shouldn't state your opinion as a fact,because it's not.People have different beliefs than you and you should accept that.

JohnN

So if my opinion is that City is not as a big club than let's say,Arsenal,that means i am a fool?It is called oppinion,and maybe you shouldn't state your opinion as a fact,because it's not.People have different beliefs than you and you should accept that.

They would be a pretty big club if the landed Messi though.

SmilerBam

They would be a pretty big club if the landed Messi though.

They ll be for the period he is there.And not because they a great club.People will tune in to watch Messi.After he's gone,they re gonna be how they are now:a state owned football club with shady owners and no history of winning anything before they took the club.They can't even fill their own stadium ffs and they compete for the Premier League for 10 years already.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Making a shady man buy you and then hire a man to copy a style doesn't make you a big club. As guy already said, you can't fill your own small stadium nor do anything beyond Pellegrini.

Jenks

They ll be for the period he is there.And not because they a great club.People will tune in to watch Messi.After he's gone,they re gonna be how they are now:a state owned football club with shady owners and no history of winning anything before they took the club.They can't even fill their own stadium ffs and they compete for the Premier League for 10 years already.

Mate they had two league titles and a European Cup Winner's Cup long before the money came in.

SmilerBam

Mate they had two league titles and a European Cup Winner's Cup long before the money came in.

And i should be overawed with that?They had a 100 years history or more before they were bought and had two titles and european cup...yeah,they surely are at the level of United and Liverpool.They re not even at the level of Nottingham Forrest or Aston Villa.At least those have Champions Cup's in their trophy cabinet.Without spending a small country's budget on players.

Jenks

And i should be overawed with that?They had a 100 years history or more before they were bought and had two titles and european cup...yeah,they surely are at the level of United and Liverpool.They re not even at the level of Nottingham Forrest or Aston Villa.At least those have Champions Cup's in their trophy cabinet.Without spending a small country's budget on players.

You said they had no history.

FC433

Almost 1b spent since Pep joined them. He has yet to develop any player, maybe Foden?

Does not look good if you ask me.

Home of Barca Fans