Philippe Coutinho

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pep knows he's shit. Like I said in another thread the other day, when a person is praising someone else excessively it's easy to see they're being insincere.

Pep and Klopp are masters at this.

xXKonan

Well we missed out on Rabiot, the one Abidal wanted the most.

So of course he wants to go for the poor mans variant of Rabiot.

Vilarrubi

Mad to think David Luiz was at one point the most expensive defender in the world. Now he?s just a meme :lol:

Pep must be trolling, although some stuff he comes out with is odd.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
My opinions are probably worth more than Pep's when it comes to defenders.

Mad to think David Luiz was at one point the most expensive defender in the world. Now he?s just a meme :lol:

Pep must be trolling, although some stuff he comes out with is odd.

He is either trolling or the cocaine takes over during those press conferences. I mean how else are you going to explain that statement about David Luiz or these ones :

Guardiola: "In small spaces, David Silva is the best player I've ever seen"
Guardiola: "Foden is most talented player I've ever seen"
Guardiola: "Philipp Lahm is perhaps the most intelligent player I have ever trained in my career. He is at another level"

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
One of the international Bayern blogs about his season: https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...n-breakdown-barcelona-liverpool-thomas-muller

With 157 comments already good commented by now...

"Digging deeper into the numbers reveals a sobering truth. Of Coutinho’s entire scorer tally, six goals and five assists came against some of the worst teams in the league"
Yeah he's crap always has been, somehow managed to become even worse. Over rated turd is the least offensive thing I can say about him.

Catta

Damn, still can't believe those idiots spent so much money on him. He is now a 20 mil player at best. Even before he flopped, he was at max a 60-80 mil player. The boards desperation to replace Neymar has ruined this club. One panic buy in Dembele was bad, but to do it again 6 months later for Cou, was the worst deal in history of any sport.

JohnN

Damn, still can't believe those idiots spent so much money on him. He is now a 20 mil player at best. Even before he flopped, he was at max a 60-80 mil player. The boards desperation to replace Neymar has ruined this club. One panic buy in Dembele was bad, but to do it again 6 months later for Cou, was the worst deal in history of any sport.

At least Dembele had some insane physical attributes and was really young. Still a long shot but on the other hand, Coutinho never looked so good (in my opinion) and he wasn't that young either, so we couldn't expect improvement.

He was considered the Iniesta replacement, like you can just buy a player of Iniesta's level from other clubs.. no one would sell.

FinBarcelonafan

At least Dembele had some insane physical attributes and was really young. Still a long shot but on the other hand, Coutinho never looked so good (in my opinion) and he wasn't that young either, so we couldn't expect improvement.

He was considered the Iniesta replacement, like you can just buy a player of Iniesta's level from other clubs.. no one would sell.

Coutinho was great for six months. It's not like the guy couldn't play, then something happened.. not sure what. He had tough time in life or he couldn't deal Barca mentally. He did have quality though.

Judoman

He wasn't great, he was ok-ish...

His issues are probably connected to his mentality which is the hardest thing to fix. Players with mental issues should be filtered before
we actually buy them but with this board this doesn't happen. They just love to spend money on duds.

Home of Barca Fans