Cr150

Morten

you're disconnected to reality if you think ronaldo winning his 6th CL (record) with 3 different teams (tie record with Seedorf I think) wouldn't have any impact to his legacy and the comparison to Messi, especially if Messi ends his career without winning again the CL which is a very likely scenario right now.

Gento too, im pretty sure.

Richard.H

you're disconnected to reality if you think ronaldo winning his 6th CL (record) with 3 different teams (tie record with Seedorf I think) wouldn't have any impact to his legacy and the comparison to Messi, especially if Messi ends his career without winning again the CL which is a very likely scenario right now.

Agreed, neutral fans/fans of other teams would surely be more inclined to think Messi is better.

I personally think Messi lost massive opportunities in Copa America 2015 and 2016. Two shots at international glory where Argentina were clearly better than other teams. I think those losses haunt him more than WC2014. Germany was a much better team than Argentina. Even now people use the argument "but CR carried Portugal to Euro 2016"

Latschenkiefer

Its not really that hard to admit that Immobile actually have more penalties this season, thats all im after, considering you started whining about Ronaldos penalties in the first place.
Well, without penalties, the top scorer race is actually closer, so whats the point bringing up penalties in the first place?

I couldn't care less what his fanboys are after and I didn't whine about anything. I just think that he should be grateful if he wins a top scorer trophy with his known diving record and only 15 goals from open play. People falling for the propaganda and jumping the B d'Or bandwagon again is ridiculous while he hasn't even outscored trashy Immobile by now. I think the best goal scorer of the by far best team of the league shouldn't need that many penalties to do that.

Morten

I couldn't care less what his fanboys are after and I didn't whine about anything. I just think that he should be grateful if he wins a top scorer trophy with his known diving record and only 15 goals from open play. People falling for the propaganda and jumping the B d'Or bandwagon again is ridiculous while he hasn't even outscored trashy Immobile by now. I think the best goal scorer of the by far best team of the league shouldn't need that many penalties to do that.

Still deflecting, i see.
Thats okay, move along now.

snowy

In terms of stats, CR easily ranks right up there with the best. About winning CL with 3 different teams or the same old shitty team getting older and shittier as time goes by thanks to Barto renewing their contracts, what Leo's been doing is way more impressive right. Had he negotiated shorter contract terms and given us the Abayoooo at the same time as Iniesta and left for any of the top contenders (by simply accepting a salary cut), he'd easily have record CLs and trophies.
And imagine if he had picked Spain over Argentina, all the BS press bashing he would've avoided whilst collecting World cups.

Anyhoo, everyone here knows I'm perfectly neutral when it comes to Neo :innocent:, but I'll say this, even if he had ZERO trophies and titles, had he been playing at the same alien level he's shown us over the entire span of his career, I'd still place him as GOAT way above anyone else who ever played the game. No Contest

You can't just look at stats and results as the alpha and the omega. Here, quoting StatsGuru par excellence @BBZ8800 ,

..all stats has some limitations and things which you don't see on stats.

Gotta look at flair and brio as well. Speaking of that, been on a Baggio marathon since yesterday. Legend!

magic in both feet

Hardy

Winning a 6th Champions League doesn't make him a better player especially in this format. Messi is the superior player and that's based on 15 years of their career, 3 games behind closed doors when both are in their mid 30's isn't going to change anything at this point, especially as both are past their best.

this is nothing to do with being better player but greater player, you really don't understand this simple concept, and saying it doesn't change anything it's delusional, every team will play with closed doors. I wouldn't give a shit if we win the CL with closed doors, too bad we'll barely past napoli :lol:

Morten

Still turning a blind eye, I see.
If the door is locked try to crawl up the other end, maybe his mouth is open.

You keep bringing up the same debunked talking point, and then simply refuses to adress it when i call you out on it.
"Turning a blind eye"? Talk about projection.

Again, move along.

Latschenkiefer

You keep bringing up the same debunked talking point, and then simply refuses to adress it when i call you out on it.
"Turning a blind eye"? Talk about projection.

Again, move along.

Shouldn't the best goal scorer of the BY FAR best team of the league who is considered by a few people as the goat and does close to nothing besides scoring goals be able to outscore a just good CF without depending on too many penalties?

Morten

Shouldn't the best goal scorer of the BY FAR best team of the league who is considered by a few people as the goat and does close to nothing besides scoring goals be able to outscore a just good CF without depending on too many penalties?

There it is, the same debunked talking point.

Last edited:

Hardy

Anyhoo, everyone here knows I'm perfectly neutral when it comes to Neo :innocent:, but I'll say this, even if he had ZERO trophies and titles, had he been playing at the same alien level he's shown us over the entire span of his career, I'd still place him as GOAT way above anyone else who ever played the game. No Contest

You can't just look at stats and results as the alpha and the omega. Here, quoting StatsGuru par excellence @BBZ8800 ,

magic in both feet

yeah, that's your opinion and I respect that, but generally speaking doesn't work like that, especially for neutral people. of course what you win in your career has huge impact on how a player is judged.

Givenchy

a penalty is a goal

its worth exactly the same statistically as beating 5 players and scoring.

if Ronaldo broke the goals record in a single season, people would be saying 'serie A sucks'. Messi is the better player and Ronaldo has done amazing to keep up with the GOAT, he deserves credit

Morten

a penalty is a goal

its worth exactly the same statistically as beating 5 players and scoring.

if Ronaldo broke the goals record in a single season, people would be saying 'serie A sucks'. Messi is the better player and Ronaldo has done amazing to keep up with the GOAT, he deserves credit

Here is the thing, the guy keeps acting as if penalties is what keeping Ronaldo afloat in the top scorer race, but he simply refuses to acknowledge that Immobile scores more penalties, hilarious stuff.

Home of Barca Fans