Lautaro Martinez

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
It is not even remotely like James Milner role other than Milner being fit enough to get up and down pitch.

If Barca win the league or the CL Griezmann will have been a big part in it and will have had a good season.

Worth 120m? Probably not even in that scenario but would be a good season nonetheless.

Barca at least now have someone to run in behind even though dont use it enough as team moves ball too slowy from midfield and looks to Messi too often.

Let's agree to disagree then, for me if he hasn't justified the fee then it isn't on par. I mentioned in my post to Serghei why even if he was to score a winning goal in a champions league final he still wouldn't be a worthwhile acquisition because of the team structure/balance; the same reason as to why its absurd to justify making the same mistake with lautaro.

Umm, no. I cant see the reference with one who is almost past his prime, fucked us over and the player that is young and yet to enter his best years, in a position that we actually need

I like both of them too, but werner playing for inferior side is a big laugh. Werner plays in the system where every player knows their duty, bunch of 23 year olds under a what it seems great manager for developing young players. Lautaro plays in 3-5-2 lmao. Haaland is a beast, no doubt about that.

Look, we are linked with lautaro and im all in for that considering that suarez is declining heavily, i think we can all agree that we dont want to depend next season on suarez in attack, so lautaro, werner or haaland - im hyped if any of them come.
Lautaro is a south american and i think he would adapt the best. My opinion, not some fanboyism.

I didn't realise the 352 wasn't considered a functional system, or that somehow playing with a bunch of 23 year olds somehow has any relevance to who the better team is. I'm sure that the general consensus would be that Werner plays in an inferior team, if I'm wrong on this so be it.

You avidly advocating for the purchase of a 110m player with half a decent season under his belt isn't exactly responsible or logical. His form could very well be a purple patch and he could fall off. This "adapts best" logic sounds eerily similar to the British spine rhetoric that EPL fans seem to like to spout.

My issue with all this is that Suarez will most probably be our starting ST so we will be relying on him regardless so why pay 110m to get another griezman on the left wing while also probably shifting Griezman to more of a midflied role. It's only giving our coach more of a headache in how to fit all our attackers since 2 positions will be occupied.

If Sentien had actually shown some spine and benched a clearly past it busi then I'd have hope of him benching suarez.
Lets also not forget "i need to rest more" suarez comment and how it means fuck all, so expecting suarez to take a backseat himself is highly unlikely.

if Barto could actually see past his raging hard on for south american players, we may actually be able to improve the team without risking bankrupting the club

He is genuinely the biggest cancer to this club and the sole reason we have fallen away from our previously lofty level.

Last edited:

Kul_z

I didn't realise the 352 wasn't considered a functional system, or that somehow playing with a bunch of 23 year olds somehow has any relevance to who the better team is. I'm sure that the general consensus would be that Werner plays in an inferior team, if I'm wrong on this so be it.

Werner does not play in inferior team. Have you seen them play? They are in qf of cl for fuck sake, and they absolutetly hammered spurs in both legs while Inter did pretty well against our reserves lmao.
yes, bunch of 23 olds under nagelsmann play better football then inter by some distance.

You avidly advocating for the purchase of a 110m player with half a decent season under his belt isn't exactly responsible or logical. His form could very well be a purple patch and he could fall off. This "adapts best" logic sounds eerily similar to the British spine rhetoric that EPL fans seem to like to spout.

Adapts best means he plays with messi at nt team, and is familiar with messi's playing style. Im for player + cash deal, its pretty shaky during this circumstances to activate a release clause of 110m but if somehow we manage to offload some of our deadweights, yes, pay them.

My issue with all this is that Suarez will most probably be our starting ST so we will be relying on him regardless so why pay 110m to get another griezman on the left wing while also probably shifting Griezman to more of a midflied role. It's only giving our coach more of a headache in how to fit all our attackers since 2 positions will be occupied.

If Sentien had actually shown some spine and benched a clearly past it busi then I'd have hope of him benching suarez.
Lets also not forget "i need to rest more" suarez comment and how it means fuck all, so expecting suarez to take a backseat himself is highly unlikely.

Give setien a break, he didnt have all the players at his disposal and had little time to know what players are capable of. Suarez would be benched for lautaro as the season progress. Same logic as you use

He is genuinely the biggest cancer to this club and the sole reason we have fallen away from our previously lofty level.

in other news, sky is blue.

mc_lovin

Benching Busquets for who exactly as well? Vidal or Rakitic? :lol: Bullshit arguments. If Martinez arrives he will be considered a starter, othewise he wouldnt join us. There would surely be some kind of reinsurance for him.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Let's agree to disagree then, for me if he hasn't justified the fee then it isn't on par. I mentioned in my post to Serghei why even if he was to score a winning goal in a champions league final he still wouldn't be a worthwhile acquisition because of the team structure/balance; the same reason as to why its absurd to justify making the same mistake with lautaro.

If he scores the winner in CL you may not think it was a worthwhile signings but you will be massively outweighed.

It is more or less saying have decided is a flop and nothing can change it even 25-30 goal contributions and CL winner.

If he pulls that off it is worth the 120m even if overpaid.

BBZ8800

Adapts best means he plays with messi at nt team, and is familiar with messi's playing style.

1. Messi is 33
2. Messi will be 34 at the end of the next season
3. Messi was never running too much
4. Messi is running less and less as he is getting older
5. Messi has been on a huge decline in the last few Months
6. add coronavirus break, Messi's age, Messi's natural huge decline and his lack of running

Now a million dollar question:
Why are you mentioning that a player XX has a good understanding with Messi?
We are only a few Months away from a moment when we will have debates whether Messi should play or he should get benched, the same as where Suarez and Busi are today.

So, to some extent: saying that a player xx fits with Messi is the same as saying: a player xx fits well with Busquets.
Who cares?
We shouldn't build a team around Busi or Messi anymore.
There is a high chance that in 2021/22 season, Messi won't be a starter anymore.
That is only 12-14 Months away from today.

Imagine paying 110 Millions for something which won't make any sense in 12 Months time.

Kul_z

1. Messi is 33
6. add coronavirus break, Messi's age, Messi's natural huge decline and his lack of running

We are only a few Months away from a moment when we will have debates whether Messi should play or he should get benched, the same as where Suarez and Busi are today.

So, to some extent: saying that a player xx fits with Messi is the same as saying: a player xx fits well with Busquets.
Who cares?
There is a high chance that in 2021/22 season, Messi won't be a starter anymore.

Imagine paying 110 Millions for something which won't make any sense in 12 Months time.

Imagine paying 110 millions for something which for 12 months would seem like a bargain.
Bbz logic

Givenchy

1. Messi is 33

Who cares?

don't wanna turn this into some anti-Messi bullshit but alot of this post is sadly true..

no doubt many will be expecting a fresh, fit Messi running and pressing after this long break but im afraid it will be more of the same walking around looking uninterested for the most part. I don't agree with Messi not being a starter, the guy is still the best in the business and most likely still will be BUT we do have to weigh up the cost he has financially and also on the team in terms of players having to cover for him. watching that right side get totally destroyed while Leo is walking in the middle of the pitch really pisses me off and i get the feeling even if we did sign a midfielder capable of playmaking, we'll still see Messi dropping deep to create everything.

we are FC Barca not FC Messi. i want to see a system again over otherworldly talent. i don't want 1 player having to bail us out over and over again with everything going through him

I'd like to see us get 2 pacey, skillfull wingers and a #9 with a presence

JamDav1982

Martinez is not getting signed purely because he plays well with Messi.

He has everything to be a top top striker even if not quite put it all together yet and he is 22.

There is no chance Barca move for Haaland who wants to end up in EPL and has Raiola trying to take such a huge cut.

Rory

4-4-2 with Messi and Lautaro up front could work. Griezmann and Suarez changing for both of them. Could be a way of managing all players fitness and minutes. With Griezmann also starting some games as a LM where his defensive work rate is more important as opposed to attacking threat.

I don?t advocate any ?100m+ signings for a while but if it happens it?s probably the only way it can all work

henias

He's not worth 100 mil for sure. I rate Wolves' striker better but if we were to exchange 1 to 1, I'll take him over Griezmann.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I like everything about Lautaro except two things: His price and his lack of goals.

He's definitely a striker. Nothing like Griezmann, and he has the personality and attitude to be a great player, he's very similar to a young Luis Suarez in that aspect, but his goalscoring, or lack thereof is problematic for me, as well as his price.

Werner is not joining Barca so people gotta stop bringing him up all the time. It's been reported multiple times recently the club was in contact with him, but he told them that Liverpool his is one and only priority.

As for Haaland I'm willing to bet that he's going to join a Premier League team or a team like Juventus. Just a better fit for him and neither Barca or Real Madrid(Florentino Perez) want to deal with Mino Raiola more than they have to.

In fact Juve paying a big fee for Haaland to replace Cristiano and Higuain only for Mino to whore him out to the rest of Europe in 2025 wouldn't be surprising at all.

Commission king.

And why do Barca, Real Madrid and Spanish clubs in general target and prefer South American/Portuguese players over other European players?

What do you think? It's an easy question to answer.

Last edited:

Riordon

Lack of goals is a big problem though. He has to become a 40+-goals a season type of striker within 1-2 years.

What you said about Haaland is true, no matter how much I want him here it wont happen.

Its pretty telling for me that we seem to be the only top club who are serious about Lautaro, thats usually not a good sign.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I like everything about Lautaro except two things: His price and his lack of goals.

I will add that him not being good playing with his back to the goal is another red flag.
And those are 3 massive issues.
1-We need more goal scoring from our team, he doesn't solve a problem.

2-His lack of ability to play with back to goal means less goals for teammates, this is area where lijes of Suarez, Firmino & Benzema helps their teams massively.

3- His price means we aren't able to solve other issues in the team like defense & midfield.

Honesty, he seems like another good player that solves nothing here.

vuji_31

I think our best solution would be buying player like Giroud.

He will be on the bench, he brings something that we don't have and he is cheap.

LABarcaFan

There is no question that Werner and Haaland are better strikers than Lautaro, but none of them is coming to Barcelona. And the reason(s) for that are several:

Barca is in total mess at the moment as an organization and there is still investigation going on for corruption and money laundering.

Barca is obviously an aged club with all 32-33 y.o. veterans still starting every game and that won't change anytime soon.

Barca has a lots of deadwood for sell, but no respectful club wants anyone of them.

Barca is playing very slow, boring and unattractive football in the last couple of years.

The combination of all these reasons will make any top European players to stay away from Barcelona. It is not like Werner, Haaland, Mbappe, Sancho, Sane , Upamecano and other big names are dyeing to play for us. In the contrary, they prefer to play for other top European teams. Last year De Ligt clearly showed his dislike to play for Barcelona and choose Juventus. That will continue this summer and in the next years. That is the only reason why our board of idiots are going after Neymar and Martinez. They are very good fit for this current Barcelona team.

Home of Barca Fans