Basketball/NBA

Sailor Mars

I thought giving fouls is OK, but for sure if they're keeping the format as a Kobe tradition, then they need to enforce the rule that a game must be won with a successful field goal rather than free throws.

That's another rule that should be added. Ending the game on free throws is anti-climactic.

Overall, there were times in the 4th quarter where I was really getting into the game, throwback to the defensive style in the early-mid 2000s, but then the flow of the game was interrupted by foul calls.

Could also be interesting if the NBA adds this Elam format to overtime games, atleast in the regular season.

Sailor Mars

Lakers have just been slowly improving over the course of the season as they gel together and find their team chemistry.

Dominant weekend for them as they beat both the Bucks and Clippers. Put the league on notice and vaulted themselves to being title favorites.

El Gato

Villarato!
This movement to terminate seasons without resolution in most sports is utter idiocy. Who gains anything by cancelling the season?

KingLeo10

This movement to terminate seasons without resolution in most sports is utter idiocy. Who gains anything by cancelling the season?

And it's not like starting the next season on schedule is a given at this point either. Maybe wait and see if the remainder of this season will need to played out as the next season or something.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's so obvious what needs to be done, why is cancelling being considered? I read about them thinking of voiding EPL season. Why?

a) Wait till end June to see if situation clears up
b) If it does and matches can be held at least behind closed doors, play it out till September
c) have a 1-2 month break, start 20/21 in October/November and cut it short. NBA has had lockout shortened seasons before.

Why are leagues not in agreement over this? Seems really silly for each FA to be doing its own thing when European competitions need to be in sync.

khaled_a_d

They didn't made a decision, but it seems that this is their expectations, that they won't get cleared out to play in June/July (expected it will be the peak of 2nd wave which could be the worst part of the pandemic)
If things ceared out, I think everyone will do what you say and make some money

KingLeo10

Same. Michel Jordan is unique. The talent of Messi/Federer and the mentality of Cristiano Ronaldo/Nadal in the same athlete.

Yup. If Messi had dominated in the WC final and scored 1 or 2 and won it, I would put him in the Jordan category. To me, he is one of many GOATs in football, not unanimous.

But I can't. By the way, I would also put Djokovic in the CR7/Nadal category. He is the most clutch single sports athlete I've ever seen.

Home of Barca Fans