Lionel Messi - v7

fergus90

He's been playing like he wants to retire lately.

Either way you can tell he has no faith in his teammates and knows the season is a lost cause at this point. Suarez's presence and the partnership with him as another reliable attacker is what kept his head in it earlier is the season. Now that he's gone Leo doesn't give a feck anymore.

I was thinking the same earlier, like he's playing at testimonial pace now at times. I just think the reality is he's 33 soon and actually cannot carry the team like he could before.

raskolnikov

Wouldnt blame Messi (or anyone too much). Our board just sucks. Look at our frontline. No cohesion. No quality. Gping into the season with only Suarez was a grave mistake.

Yeah but thats due to valverdes terrible management letting players boss him around. You would need a higuain/benzema type of rotation with Suarez. Yet anyone who would join would get alcacer threatment so no quality player would be willing to join.

Add in a clueless board that would look to like the likes of LLorente as a replacement.

FC433

There is a lot to say, but I do not want to upset anyone. However, soon, we will have to ask ourselves the difficult questions that we are trying to ignore.

Rory

He had a goat season the year after the 2010, 2014 and 2018 world cups, motivation was mad high after losing. This year he knows there's fuck all he can do. Still that's no mentality a captain should have. We need some leaders in this team.

Hardy

as I said already he's playing like a shit the whole season outside of Camp Nou and doubt things will go better with Suarez out for the season.

raskolnikov

as I said already he's playing like a shit the whole season outside of Camp Nou and doubt things will go better with Suarez out for the season.

I dont think he is that bad to be honest. When does the team create something for him? He gets sufficated and it makes him look worse.

I saw Messi live walking around in 2010 vs copenhagen or in 2014 vs Atletico.
Its ridiculous to make it like this is his decline just due to his age. Put him in a quality team with a few shots on target a game and he will easily run games and put down 50+ season goals.

mc_lovin

I dont think he is that bad to be honest. When does the team create something for him? He gets sufficated and it makes him look worse.

I saw Messi live walking around in 2010 vs copenhagen or in 2014 vs Atletico.
Its ridiculous to make it like this is his decline just due to his age. Put him in a quality team with a few shots on target a game and he will easily run games and put down 50+ season goals.

Its really not that easy to create for Messi. Just compare the amount of forward runs he made back then to now. Hes barely leaving his comfort zone anymore.

Mitchell1978

His level has dropt the last month and a half (a part from the game against Atletico) but one positive is he's having more shots then the last couple of months under Valverde, lets hope his finishing returns to his normal levels soon.

bismp

Yeah,Messi has had a few disappointing matches lately,but the whole team is as dysfunctional as it can get.People already calling for his head or blaming him for the team's performance are both delusional and disgraceful.The man won a Ballon D'Or just last year for dragging our corpse of a team to a La Liga and the CL semis.

eaman

Like the whole team a bad first half but was our best player in the second half. It's strange it's as if longer rest are disrupting him these days

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Francesc Aguilar(who is kinda clueless most of the time) keep alluding to that he's going to opt-out of his contract this summer.

Home of Barca Fans