Quique Setien

bismp

In all seriousness, the end of Vacation FC is already a huge positive.

To be fair,although I agree that Valverde gave FAR TOO MANY days off,maybe having so many training sessions,so suddenly,is not a great idea. Especially considering many of our players are 30+.

In any case,we are overanalysing the situation.

We'll have to see the short-term and long-term impact of Setien's appointment before jumping into conclusions.

Richard.H

I looked at the training vids on YT. To be fair this could backfire, most of the amigos look dead tired. Only ones that look into it are the youngsters. I hope the amigos don’t rebel.

abbbs97

it really makes you wonder what the hell Valverde was doing in training. no wonder the players liked him so much.

serghei

I looked at the training vids on YT. To be fair this could backfire, most of the amigos look dead tired. Only ones that look into it are the youngsters. I hope the amigos don’t rebel.

I agree. Last thing we need is a team that is dead by min. 60. Time for building fitness is preseason, not now. That being said, if he doesn't like what he is seeing he is right to ask more training sessions. He doesn't have a lot of time to fix the issues.

KingLeo10

It seems you can never please people on here.

Train too little, it's a problem.

Train too much, it's a problem.

People do realize our competition is Bayern, RM, City, Pool in the CL, right? All teams who are substantially fitter.

I say let him do as he wants.

serghei

It seems you can never please people on here.

Train too little, it's a problem.

Train too much, it's a problem.

People do realize our competition is Bayern, RM, City, Pool in the CL, right? All teams who are substantially fitter.

I say let him do as he wants.

Yes, but he should be monitoring the situation, don't push more than the current conditions allow. Sure, you can get more from the current situation, but you can also overdo it. It's no use to go beyond what is achievable at this point. We all want to suddenly run like Liverpool. It doesn't mean it will happen.

To be fair, it's quite hard for them to rebel. What can they say. "This guy makes us work too hard, and is not giving us days off? We need someone who goes easier on us"? That's like saying they are done and need someone who can lower the bar for them to be able to keep up. They are much too proud to do that.

They don't have any choice but to tough it up and prove people wrong.

Last edited:

Rory

Thing is how does anyone on here know if they’re being pushed too much? Has anyone watched a full professional football training session start to finish? Has anyone seen the full training sessions with Setien?

Does anyone know the full intensity in these sessions or whether each session is as intense as the other?

Probably not, no, no and no. And yet experts here say they’re doing too much. K

Andrew M

Yes, but he should be monitoring the situation, don't push more than the current conditions allow. Sure, you can get more from the current situation, but you can also overdo it. It's no use to go beyond what is achievable at this point. We all want to suddenly run like Liverpool. It doesn't mean it will happen.

To be fair, it's quite hard for them to rebel. What can they say. "This guy makes us work too hard, and is not giving us days off? We need someone who goes easier on us"? That's like saying they are done and need someone who can lower the bar for them to be able to keep up. They are much too proud to do that.

They don't have any choice but to tough it up and prove people wrong.

They can cry to the president.

devo901

To be fair, it's quite hard for them to rebel. What can they say. ..........."

If I have plans to rebel, - I would not start arguing, what for? Instead just lose 0-3 the first game. Sepien wont continue very long with an super-high intense training. Arguing is not the right means in that situation.

Maybe Sepiens viscious plan is to have 3 days of really hard training and then on Friday he is doing an open-standardized laliga fitness test, how fast a midfielder runs for example..... which rates players and surprise surprise Pique, Busi, Raki fail miserbly and they will get benched from now on :-D So it was not him to decide, but the players how did not run fast enough :p

serghei

I guess we'll see vs Granada if we can play intense football for 90 mins. This still only works if you run and move a lot.

Andrew M

I guess we'll see vs Granada if we can play intense football for 90 mins. This still only works if you run and move a lot.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have a couple of amazing performances, but you can't really discern whether that is just because the players feel they have something to prove or if Setien has had an effect. Look at Man Utd under Solskjaer last season. It will be in the away games, particularly in the CL, that he'll be judged.

Alik

You need physical preparation to be able to play an intensive full match. One week and in the middle of the season is not enough.

El Gato

Villarato!
He will try to win titles this season too and he is expected to fight for titles until the end, but it is not a tragedy if he ends up trophyless if the team shows encouraging signs for 2020/2021.

For the fans? No, not a tragedy. All you lot want is to be entertained after 3 years of dire TV.

Socios and Bartomeu are a different story.

Home of Barca Fans